• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Kutie Pie
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• every-four-years checkup! i think i was 13 when i read forsaken and im 25 now??? literally half my life haha i still think about it sometimes? im sure theres tons of stuff in it that i wouldnt agree with anymore but its in a special place in my brain
    • Wow
    Reactions: Morax
    Kutie Pie
    Kutie Pie
    Omg you're still around. That's why I'm always feeling bad that I haven't finished it lol. I just keep going back to polish things up instead of pushing through. But life's gotten more and more busy since then. I'm actually getting married here soon, so I just haven't had the time to do much else. Even after getting married, I'll be doing other things.

But I'm glad it's still remembered for what it is.
    iCakeify
    iCakeify
    dont feel bad about it i dont think i ever caught up completely now lol
    hi! I’m absolutely loving the interactions between your Pokémon characters (Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Giratina, etc.) in the interview thread. I find them hilarious. I’d appreciate it if you could upload a full length fanfic about them.
    Reactions: Kutie Pie
    Kutie Pie
    Kutie Pie
    Already do, it's called "Forsaken". Mewtwo hasn't been interviewed (yet, depends on how much longer the thread goes for lol). There were two previous threads where I brought in Deoxys and Entei from the same fic.

But I'm glad you like my silly interactions.
    I mean, you got Prison School. Okay. Dragon Maid. Perhaps. Hajimete No Gal? Sure. And then... that's about it as far as line that get the community up in arms. Bare in mind that FUNimation alone has dubbed multiple titles in any given year.
    matt0044
    matt0044
    "they never aimed the jokes at their audience"

If their audience members were any of those they insulted, I'd beg to differ. Plus, Prison School and Hajimete No Gal in particular aren't exactly glowing examples of Otaku culture to begin with. They are very explicit jabs at nerds and geeks, portraying them as jilted creeps who are desperate for a good time.
    matt0044
    matt0044
    Again, perspective.
    matt0044
    matt0044
    How many dubs have you seen in the last half decade? How many actually "insult their audience" outside of what you put forward?

C'mon, man. You're smarter than this.
    You say, "official subbers" as if it's a wide-spread problem. Except... all I get are a handful of extreme cases. There are many translators working in Anime alone. How do you ascertain their general feelings on what they're considered professionals?
    Okay, I heard of the whole "social distancing" thing but... that's it? I mean, I'll take a solid ninety-five percent even if a one hundred would be preferable. Just a roll of the eyes and move on. I've seen worse by 4kids.
    Kutie Pie
    Kutie Pie
    Aniplex made a statement because the backlash was that bad. It just goes to show how little respect a lot of official subbers have for the source material, and it extends to dub scripts, too. 4KIDS was silly, but they followed FCC guidelines. What they did isn't as malicious as what has happened in modern FUNimation dubs, for instance. Prison School's GamerGate line being one of the more notorious examples.
    Kutie Pie
    Kutie Pie
    And before you point to gag dubs, there's a difference between being tongue-in-cheek Americanized while still keeping true to the spirit of the show (and getting permission or having legit production issues that'd call for complete script rewrites) and outright warping the original statements/meaning into personal political agendas that have nothing to do with the scene or source material in question.
    -sees you're watching Xros Wars-

Can't help it. I wanna ask. What do you think of it so far? 'Cause I remember liking it when I watched it (largely because I love Shoutmon) but it's been a while since then...and I recently found out it's pretty disliked by plenty of people. So yeah. Curious.
    TheCharredDragon
    TheCharredDragon
    I will admit the reason I watched was because my brother likes it and he found it because it had references to the Dinobots and other more obscure Transformers stuff.

But I ended up really liking it.

It certainly helped that it made me think of NGE and Persona. But that's proly cuz I have a tendency to connect things that way.
    Kutie Pie
    Kutie Pie
    Guess there's a loose connection to NGE since Trigger's run by ex-Gainax employees, so there's that lol. If you thought of NGE watching it, guess some weird stuff happened. Interesting.

Also freaking Dinobots, really? That's really out there lol, but that's cool.
    TheCharredDragon
    TheCharredDragon
    Well there's a "school" in the show called "NGJHS". Guess what the NG stand for.

But it's mostly cuz of what happened at the end. Not exactly NGE but it still blew my mind. Because I joked at how it was going to end and it ended how I thought it would but not exactly.

It's even funnier because they're "students" at the NGJHS I mentioned.
    What do you think about the Armored Mewtwo rumor? I’m curious since I noticed you have Mewtwo as your favorite Pokémon. I just saw the new bit of info claiming that it will become available in GO for the new movie in July.
    Sceptrigon
    Sceptrigon
    Guess it makes sense for Digimon. For Pokémon, it just feels too messy. I think things like Mega Evolution should be present in the same world, and they could’ve just said it was a new discovery in the Kalos region or something.

Oh yeah, Giygas does have a similar backstory as Mewtwo.
    Kutie Pie
    Kutie Pie
    I think it's telling when it feels like Game Freak is trying to brush Mega Evolution under the rug because it was such a messy inclusion to the franchise. I don't remember it being the case when it first came out, but more PokéDex entries are saying Mega Evolution actually hurts the Pokémon, which is why they go berserk.
    Sceptrigon
    Sceptrigon
    Yeah. I don’t know what Game Freak is trying to do, if they’re still attempting to develop some lore of the Megas or just blatantly criticizing their own ideas now. Another aspect of SM I didn’t like was the Rotomdex and the stranger/more gruesome-than-usual dex entries.
    Hello. Referring back to the video game box art thread from a few weeks ago, I suppose you’ve played Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire in the past?
    Kutie Pie
    Kutie Pie
    Paycheck's a paycheck (lol).

I've played it enough to get the high score on both fields, so it's not impossible for me to get the 1% encounters xD.
    Sceptrigon
    Sceptrigon
    Lol it sounds like we’re heading into poacher territory here.

Guess so. But what other mon could you possibly be missing then? You must have gotten every single one cause I don’t really see any other alternative if you had gotten the high scores. And it seems you had wholly played through the game.
    Kutie Pie
    Kutie Pie
    My mind's saying we were missing Skarmory, but I can't confirm without the cartridge. I just remember there being a blank entry before it got lost.
    Ahem, madam, but the screen right half of your sig appears rather.... risque to me.
    Gizmoduck
    Gizmoduck
    Ahaha. That is hilarious. Now I must ask if there are any obvious panels where his past career sneaks in.

Oh, and here is the gif:
    https://i.imgur.com/xfXaEUD.gif

I mean... just look at it. There's no way that was accidental. That's like some of the so wrong pictures you accidentally find online when searching for simple Poke pics...

Think you can find the one you mentioned too? Now my curious is so piqued!
    Kutie Pie
    Kutie Pie
    Biggest one I can think of is Misty in the hot springs. But really, ALL the girls are perky.

Oh, yeah, I saw it, I just didn't think much else of it. There's always animation mistakes, but they've snuck things in before lol. Reminds me of another sig from years ago with Dawn having fallen to the ground or something (and with her miniskirt and all...) and the subtitle was like "Even the anime can be subtle at times".
    i haven't talked to you in like a year. i'm sorry, i was swamped and a lot has happened. i graduated high school, i'm at college now and it's okay. i'm sorry i never got back to you.
    Kutie Pie
    Kutie Pie
    Oh wow, it's so nice to hear from you again :D. Good to hear that--you'll have mixed feelings about college by the end of it, but hopefully it'll all go well for you. Just taking gen-ed for now?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…