• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

Apslup
Apslup
I'm doing pretty well thanks. I'm wraping up with my school work right now and looking for a job for September at the moment. The old Speed Racer anime right? I've seen a couple of clips of the dub and saw the Live Action movie when I was like 9 lol.
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
I see.
Yeah that one. The dub is bad xD
Apslup
Apslup
But to be fair, that dub was produced in the late 60's (2 years before my Mum was even born) so you can't really give it that much criticism. I consider it to be in a simlar class to dubs such as the Ghost Stories dub, the Big Green dub of the DBZ movies and the 4kids dub of One Piece as one of those dubs that are so bad they're funny.
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
That's what I meant; it's so bad that its hilarious xD
Apslup
Apslup
Oh right. When people say "bad dubs", they think of stuff done by 4kids which is inaccurate the original versions (exclusing One Piece. That's a special case) and the Funi Dub of DBZ which changed the overall tone of the series drastically.
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
The big green dub is hilarious as well tbh xD
Apslup
Apslup
I actually own the Tree of Might dub on DVD (home of the legendary "Let that child alone" line) since I saw it on sale in a charity shop near where I live (I live in the UK where the dub was orginally shown on TV and released on DVD). Pop it on every once in a while to give myself a good laugh. I might track down the other ones since the full versions of the Big Green dub movies are hard to track down online.
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
I see lmao
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
Oh so you made a sig collage too xD
Apslup
Apslup
Yeah, I got the idea from you lol. Why include Majin Buu though? He pails in comparison to Freeza, Piccolo (Demon King and Jr) and even Cell.
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
I find him hilarious because he's so immature xD
Apslup
Apslup
I get why people like Fat Buu, but all the other forms are so boring. No personality what so ever. Just OP walking power levels.
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
I don't care about the other Buu's, fat Buu is best xD
Apslup
Apslup
Totally agree. His relationship with Mr Satan and Bee is one of the best parts of the trainwreck that is the Buu Saga.
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
Yeah xD
I included Lillie in my favorite characters xD
Apslup
Apslup
Not a big fan of Lillie. I like her in the games, but something about anime Lillie just feels different to me. I can’t really put my finger on it.
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
I see.
The Blue Eyes White Dragon Girl is my most favorite
Apslup
Apslup
I know basically nothing about Yu-Gi-Oh so I can't really judge. What's her deal?
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
She was a slave girl that was rescued by an ancient Egyptian incarnation of the anti-hero of the series, Seto Kaiba and she dies and gets sealed with the blue eyes white Dragon in a stone tablet. The Blue Eyes White Dragon is modern day Seto Kaiba's favorite monster and he's overly obsessed over it