• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

Kutie Pie
Kutie Pie
I think it can go either way, I just find it hilarious, personally. His armor's really cool so I'm secretly hoping for it to show in the game officially, but the idea sounds silly to me either way you look at it. Like what would be the point of it?

There's rumors it'll show up in the movie as an actual power-up and I'm just going "Lol 'kay."
Sceptrigon
Sceptrigon
It sounds ridiculous and unnecessary, especially with Mewtwo having two megas already. I guess it’s still okay since it appears to reference the armored Mewtwo in the anime way long ago, which would be cool to see again.
Sceptrigon
Sceptrigon
Although we’d have to wait for more info, armored evolutions in general sound ridiculous right now. I don’t know why it’d be called “evolution” if the concept appears to be just literally slapping armor on Pokemon.
Kutie Pie
Kutie Pie
It's ridiculous indeed. Given the past two generations, all I've been thinking of is "DIGIMON DID IT FIRST REEEEEE", so if armored evolution becomes a thing, expect me to scream that again (because of Armor Digivolution), and maybe this time people won't roll their eyes at it lol.
Sceptrigon
Sceptrigon
I know fans have made comparisons to Digimon from other things like overly complex designs and multiple forms. But meh, I’m not really bothered with armored evolutions being similar to Digimon. I’ve already kind of given up the idea that Game Freak would stop with new pointless gimmicks (megas were only fine for those who truly needed it, and Z-moves were just bad).
Kutie Pie
Kutie Pie
I'm okay with the Z-moves since it felt more natural than Mega Evolution. It feels like something that a place like Alola would've developed with its wildlife and inhabitants easily, which helps make up for Alola being a bit more isolated from the rest of the world. And you know it's natural because Mew has a Z-move.
Sceptrigon
Sceptrigon
I thought Megas were natural for using infinity energy, which is stated to come from the life force of Pokémon. Z-moves and Z-power being created from Ultra Wormholes make them seem more unusual since they do not originate from the same world.

Mewtwo looks like a true Digimon now ;]
Kutie Pie
Kutie Pie
How long were the Ultra wormholes active in Alola, though? Far as I could tell, they were fairly recent, but the Z-moves felt more like an ancient tradition that was passed down the generations. But this is just me bitching because the Ultra Beasts actually screwed up the lore imo and so this is Game Freak trying to save face.

Mewtwo's always looked like he could've been a Digimon lmao XD.
Sceptrigon
Sceptrigon
I think Ultra Beasts were the only ones that could open wormholes, and they could open them at any time throughout history. The Z-moves seemed traditional due to the Tapus handing out the Z-rings. I agree that the lore in SM was pretty messy, as well as a bunch of other things that made me dislike the games.

He looks nicely “overdesigned” from that armor. I’ve seen him being compared more to Frieza from Dragon Ball.
Kutie Pie
Kutie Pie
The introduction of Ultra Beasts was just Game Freak's way to make a convenient "PARALLEL WORLDS" excuse so that way any retconning they do can be wave off as such. It'd be clever if it didn't come out at a time when EVERYONE is trying to make multiple universes. Also Digimon comparisons.

Frieza and Giygas are the two most common comparisons, though apparently Giygas is what he's more based off of.
Sceptrigon
Sceptrigon
I dislike the whole multiple universes idea too. It makes things unnecessarily complicated and leaves excuses for creators to carelessly make whatever random idea they want.

I’m not that familiar with Earthbound, but I had seen its final boss. I pretty much gathered that Giygas is some sort of apocalyptic being? Seems more cruel than Mewtwo.
Kutie Pie
Kutie Pie
It CAN work; Digimon handles it really well because it's taking quantum physics into consideration (and it was officially confirmed in Tri--as much as those films suck), but each season being its own world and its own story helped a lot. But the lore in general is really rich, there's other Digital Worlds that we may never get to see in person, like Witchelny.

Giygas from the first Mother.