1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by 345ash-greninja

1. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I'm relatively a lot more of a novice in anime compared to you, so I wonder if you could give me some good recommendations for shounen anime. I'm just looking for more recommendations in the shounen genre to watch because after getting into anime I have realized it very well that it is exactly of my type. :)
    Apr 19, 2019
  2. wolf jani
    wolf jani
    Well. First there is my favorite anime of all time, Naruto. But since It's really long It's probably Better if I recommed something else too. Well as for the really long ones there's Gintama. Which is a totally hilarious comedy but with also great drama and action. And Fairy Tail is a great one too. The first 2 seasons of FT I mean. The 3rd one is way infrerior.
    Apr 19, 2019
    345ash-greninja likes this.
  3. wolf jani
    wolf jani
    Idk if you're interested in sports anime. But there's Haikyuu which is a top 10 anime of all time for me. Kuroko no Basket is a Really good one too.
    Apr 19, 2019
  4. wolf jani
    wolf jani
    There's a few other great ones too. Like Akame ga Kill, Black Butler, Assasination Classroom and Mirai Nikki for example.
    Apr 19, 2019
  5. wolf jani
    wolf jani
    That's most of my favorite shounen shows. Hope you find some you like.
    Apr 19, 2019
  6. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Well I've a lot of things about Naruto since it's so popular among anime fans, and the overall reception on it seem to be pretty mixed TBH (I mean some people say that it's really good while some people say that it's a mess with too many fillers).
    Apr 19, 2019
  7. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    But given it's popularity I'll definitely give it a chance at some point. IIRC it's about overall 720 eps total (220 eps for the first season while 500 for Shippuden) so it's really long....but if enjoy it enough then I'm willing to watch it fully.
    Apr 19, 2019
  8. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I've also heard a lot about Gintama as well but it's also very long right (over 300 eps in total IIRC)? From what I've heard from some people, it primarily focuses on comedy earlier on several episodes and towards the later part takes a different turn with things focusing more on action and drama.
    Apr 19, 2019
  9. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    How is the comedy is my really question with that, is it hilarious and enjoyable enough? I like comedy but I can't stand that kind of comedy which happens in Pokémon SM, full of cringeworthy slapstick.

I've heard about Fairly Tail too so I think I'll give that a chance as well, but that's also pretty long overall counting the first 2 seasons as I saw.
    Apr 19, 2019
  10. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I love sports so yeah I think that shounen anime based on sports would be right up my ally. I don't know much about Haikyuu and Kuroko no Basket though, are they short anime consisting of around 50 eps or are very long series like Naruto or Gintama?
    Apr 19, 2019
  11. wolf jani
    wolf jani
    Haikyuu has something like 61-63 episodes. And Knb has 75 so not long like Naruto or Gintama. Yes naruto has 720 episodes. And Gintama has about 365 episodes. Gintama has many different kinds of humor. Well it has that kind of slapstick humour but it's way better than SM's. Gintama can be really fun even if you don't like some of it's humour.
    Apr 19, 2019
  12. wolf jani
    wolf jani
    For example. I don't like dirty humour but I really like Gintama despite that being major part of it. And yes There are darker arcs there & there. Until at one point from where on there will only be dark episodes
    Apr 19, 2019
  13. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Well in case of Naruto I guess then I will watch it slowly alongside watching some other anime too, because solely focusing on binge watching a 720 episode long series at once can be really jarring.
    Apr 20, 2019
  14. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I see, I hope then I find the comedy enjoyable and hilarious enough since it's pretty varied like you said, in that case I think will be able to enjoy Gintama (but it could be a different case though if I find the comedy awkward and cringeworthy).
    Apr 20, 2019
  15. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Since it's such a long series, are darker arcs well-spaced out and well-paced enough (like say how it's in Hunter x Hunter)? I personally do enjoy well-focused and spaced out serious/dark arcs that have a strong plotline going.
    Apr 20, 2019
  16. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Well in that case I'm obviously checking out Haikyuu and Kuroko no Basket since they aren't very long and seem to the type of anime which would be right up my ally. :)
    Apr 20, 2019
  17. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Akama ga Kill is a pretty short series, 24 eps amirite? It tends to get quite some negative reception from what I've seen, which makes me a bit sceptical about it, but of course I'll form my own opinion when I watch it, and since it's a short series it won't be much time consuming as well. :)
    Apr 20, 2019
  18. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Assassination Classroom has been on my watchlist for quite some and already do plan on watching it pretty soon, so there's that.

Don't really know much about Black Butler or Mirai Nikki, but I looked up both of them on MAL and they both are pretty short series, so I'll check both of them out as well.
    Apr 20, 2019
  19. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    BTW thanks for the recommendations, it was really helpful. :)
    Apr 20, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  20. wolf jani
    wolf jani
    No problem :)
    And yes Gintama's serious arcs are really well-spaced out and paced well.
    Apr 20, 2019