• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
and to interact with fellow anime friends around there. I very occasionally post of the forums there.

And I saw your anime list there...and it seems like that apart from Attack On Titan we share a very similar
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
taste indeed in a case of several anime....I mean that I saw that you gave really high scores to most of my favourite anime there. :)

Well yeah, sure. I very rarely do drop shows in the middle without fully watching it, so don't worry. ;)
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I'll definitely make sure to get through the Part 1 of Jojo series whenever I do watch it, so that I can get to the better parts of it later on. And given that how much I love shounen anime, I probably like Part 1 as well. :)
Drake Pokétrainer
Drake Pokétrainer
Friend request accepted ^^
And yeah it does seem there's quite some similarities in our taste

I also rarely drop anime, but rarely start ones that don't seem to interesting anyways.

I really loved part 1 of Jojo but some people seem to complain that the first Jojo is boring. Which I don't think he is and his story sets the entire series in motion and impacts basically every part after it.
Drake Pokétrainer
Drake Pokétrainer
Also parts 1 and 2 are in the same season since the manga chapters of those two were also shorter than the others, so expect the story to skip forward 50 years and change main characters halfway through season 1 ^^
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Kill la Kill was truly a great anime. I watched it recently and I absolutely loved it! It instantly became one of my most favorites, some intense, crazy, bizarre, insane and unique stuff done with some great world building, plus the plot twists in the second half were remarkable and the climax was amazing.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Basically another Gurren Lagann, this time with clothing instead of mecha. You really do have great taste in anime. :)
Drake Pokétrainer
Drake Pokétrainer
Thanks a lot ^^
I absolutely love Kill la Kill. I think it was one of the first ongoing anime I saw and followed since episode 1 got aired. I watched it at the same time as one of my best online friends who I met here too so it was nice talking about it with her as well.
Drake Pokétrainer
Drake Pokétrainer
It actually has the same makers like Gurren Lagann. The team within Gainax that made Gurren Lagann, Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt and some more of their crazy anime split off from the team that made Evangelion and their more serious stuff and formed their own studio named Trigger.
Drake Pokétrainer
Drake Pokétrainer
Kill la Kill is full of references, a lot to their previous work including Gurren Lagann (the entire city around the academy being in the shape of a spiral, the school itself looking like a gunman and Gamagori getting a face on his belly during an attack in the last episode much like Gurren Lagann itself), as well as to tons of other pop culture and anime references both from Japan and the West.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I see. :) I can't really believe that I waited for so long to watch this anime, should've watched it a long ago....it's just that I heard some negative feedback about the show from a few online friends on MAL, which kept me away from watching it for a while.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
But after I watched Gurren Lagann around like May this year and really loved it a lot, I made a point to surely check out Kill la Kill at some point, because I already knew that Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill were made by the very same people and I also heard it from several
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
people that both of them are a lot similar in the style, type and essence. So I finally made the decision recently that I'd watch it, and well....it was an absolutely amazing 24 episode ride.

At first, the nature of the anime seemed a bit too whacky for me, but after getting used to the style
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
within 3-4 episodes it got amazing (literally the same I experienced with Gurren Lagann as well, I wasn't really into the show that much at first, but after a few episodes it turned out to be a total ride as well). The remarkable common aspects in both shows are that both involve heavy action
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
in a very crazy, bizarre, unique, unconventional and over-the-top manner, happening via insane power-ups and transformations. It's actually the "whacky-ness" or the "bizarre" aspect Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill that makes two shows so enjoyable. Plus both shows pick up so strongly
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
and amazingly in the second half with some crazy plot twists (Gurren Lagann from ep 17 & Kill la Kill from episode 15).

Yeah I noticed all those Gurren Lagann references pretty well, no surprise since those two shows are so similar in nature and made by the same people. :)
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I'm not really a fan of Evangelion though, I thought it was a good at parts, but a pretty weak plot, random and loosely connected events, too much focus on the character' mental trauma rather than on the actual events that are taking, characters with annoying personalities (especially the protagonist Shinji) and a way too much random + confusing ending really hurts the show.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
IMO it's a pretty average show, Gurren Lagann is 1000 times better than it for a mecha anime any day.

I saw on MAL that you've been watching Food Wars, which is one of my favourites. Curious to know that how are you finding it so far? :)
Drake Pokétrainer
Drake Pokétrainer
Sorry for the late reply, I was kinda busy and then went on a holiday ^^;
Food wars is absolutely great. I still have to watch part 2 of season 3 and the OVAs though
Drake Pokétrainer
Drake Pokétrainer
Also saw a 4th season is coming so that's great ^^