• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
345ash-greninja

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So I know Your Name didn't pan out (although it's the #3 anime on MAL, you would have had to watch it sometime), but I'd recommend watching Re;Zero (it can get dark at times though) and Sword Art Online (yes Kirito is OP af but it's popcorn entertainment). I think you'll like them.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    @Dream Lad Just asking you that have you yet seen AoT season 3 and season 3 part 2? Going by your MAL list, I guess you haven't yet, so in that case I'll suggest you to watch them soon ASAP when you find time. The recently concluded AoT season has been amazing and phenomenal beyond description
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    (you can see that it's currently #2 on MAL and almost caught up to FMA:B in terms of mean score) and you definitely shouldn't miss out on it. ;)
    Dream Lad
    Dream Lad
    Haha I realized you asked about pacing of Re;Zero not SAO. I didn't think it started off slow? Some things happen early that definitely set the stage. It might slow down for a couple of episode after that, then **** hits the fan and it ramps up.

If you look at the recommendations for S;G, the top two are ERASED and Re;Zero.

Yes now that it's done, I'll have to get on it sometime.
    Just started watching The Promised Neverland and it has been a really enthralling watch so far, an intense thriller involving little kids!
    My personal favorite HxH endings are the 2nd and the third, with the 5th being close behind. Not a fan of the 4th one or the 1st one, tbh.
    Reactions: 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I see. I actually loved everyone of them cuz they all basically have exactly the same tone, just a slight change of lyrics here and there along with the scenes. There's honestly not much of a difference, cuz they are all part of the same song.
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    Uhm I think you're mistaken and talking about the opening. The endings are all different.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Oops, yeah I guess so lol.
    So basically your issue is that NGE is more character driven and focuses more on the internal conflicts of each character. As for the engaging part, that's hilariously untrue. Each character's past, fears and conflicts are shown in such vivid detail. You can say they are not likable personality wise (which is the point), but it's untrue that they are not engaging.
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    Also, can you blame anyone for not being stupidly lively and jumping around everywhere? Even Asuka's personality is a facade given her deep internal fears and struggles.
    Watching Love Hina currently just for the lulz, and to just pass time before the dub of The Promised Neverland is complete.
    Your Name (Kimi no na wa) turned out to be pretty much a disappointment. It was honestly nothing more than a typical cliché romance film
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Apart from some standard and typical romantic moments between Tachibana and Mitsuha, I don't really remember anything that was memorable in the whole film. I do wonder what so many people found in this movie to consider it one of the greatest things in anime...
    Dream Lad
    Dream Lad
    People have different opinions. I legit think it's one of the best anime ever made, might even rank it #1.

I disagree that it's cliche though. I've seen enough anime prior and I was still caught off guard by what happens.
    Dream Lad
    Dream Lad
    It connects to people in many ways. A dramatic love story between 2 ordinary relatable people, idea of fate, longing, loneliness, sci-fi aspects, life in city vs country, adolescence into adulthood, culture. The ending was great. The animation is the best I've ever seen, and the music and voice-acting were excellent. etc.
    Just finished watching Fate/Stay Night: UBW (2014) and it was as amazing as its prequel Fate/Zero. Also Shirou Emiya > Kiritsugu Emiya
    If you want to watch a well-regarded shounen, I'd recommend Yu Yu Hakusho. Written by the same writer of Hunter x Hunter
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    It's on my PTW list for a long time. ;)
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I'd actually have to finish re-watching the Dragon Ball 1st series + Dragon Ball Z series (a.k.a. a total of 444 episodes overall) before getting to Yu-Yu-Hakusho. Cuz while re-watching a long series like DB I'd rather wanna alternate it alongside some short-length series rather than with another fairly long series like Yu-Yu-Hakusho (which is 112 episodes). Watching two lengthy series at a time could be a real drag.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Currently as I've finished watching Fate/Zero now, I'll go for Fate: Stay Night/UBW (2014) next. And alongside that I'm also re-watching the 1st series of DB like I already said so I'm pretty preoccupied with several anime as of now. :)
    Fate/Zero was an absolute blast!!! Time to watch the sequel Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works.
    Dream Lad
    Dream Lad
    Saber is an interesting character. It's funny you mention how great she was in F/Z because a number of F/SN visual novel readers and purists actually dislike F/Z's take on Saber because it is a bit contradictory to what's written in the VN about Saber during her time as king (she's a lot more ruthless and less about honor).
    Dream Lad
    Dream Lad
    I read/played the VN so I get the complaint, but I justify it as the Third Holy Grail War being a fresh slate for Saber to do things right and cleanly, except things just break her even more so she's even more committed to getting the Grail.
    Dream Lad
    Dream Lad
    Saber is the focus of the Fate route. Rin and Archer are the focus of the UBW route. Actually Rin gets a lot of focus in all 3 routes, but UBW is hers specifically and with the romance with Shirou.
    Finished watching overrated Neon Genesis Evangelion. Have started Fate/Zero next!
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    Did you get a slight jumpscare in episode 2 when Caster killed that kid?
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Yeah kinda, that was terrifying. I despise Caster and I strongly hope that he's taught a good lesson by a servants in Season 2...kinda frustrated me that Season 1 ended on a cliffhanger like that with the servants all about to fight Casper.

I like the characters of Lancer and Rider too.
    Dream Lad
    Dream Lad
    Ah Fate/Zero, where you have an ancient Babylonian king riding atop a Hindu Vimana dogfighting a Dark Arthurian knight riding atop a fighter jet.
    Back to home and SPPF after a successful surgery! :)
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Thanks! :) It was rough overall and there were a few moments where I doubted that I would survive this, but thankfully the surgery went well and l was released from the hospital and could be back home again soon enough.
    CMButch
    CMButch
    I just saw this, I am glad you're fine bro,take care.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Thanks, I'm a lot better now and have recovered a lot from the surgery, the stitches were removed just day before yesterday. :)
    Have to take a minimum of a 2 day break from SPPF...admitted to a hospital now and have to go through a surgery for appendicitis. :/
    Hey, I see on MAL that you've been watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. How are you finding it? It's one of my Top 5 favourite anime so I want to hear your thoughts on it so far.
    Apslup
    Apslup
    Right now I'm watching Kill la Kill, but it's pretty meh. So far I put it at a 5.5/10. Well animated fight scenes and cool concept but I don't find any of the characters except for Ryuko and even then she's kind of a Mary Sue to me. I'm also rewatching the Gotoubun no Hanayome anime because I've fallen in love with the manga over the last two months and I felt like re-watching the anime.
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    @Apslup I haven't watched NGE yet myself, but I completely agree with you about Izuku and Eren. I could never get into Izuku's story. I get that he's supposed to be shy and timid, but that being his core personality till now is very irritating to watch. I almost dropped MHA after 5 episodes because I couldn't stand Izuku crying atleast thrice in each episode.
    Reactions: Apslup
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    As for Eren, agreed, not a compelling character at all. That goes for the main trio of Mikasa, Eren and Armin. Tbh, I like Erwin, Levi and Reiner and think they're atleast a bit more compelling as characters. But Eren has been the same till now, basically screaming half the time.
    Reactions: Apslup
    Kinda surprised you've been downvoting tomioka, I mean, he was the lead writer of xyz
    One Punch Man Season 2 tends to get a lot more hate than it actually deserves.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    It has been pretty good IMO, with the Monster Association and its agents coming to the fore, terrorizing the heroes throughout the city and forcing them to
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    turn into monsters by making the heroes ingest a certain substance, both via force and manipulation. And the tournament also had a pretty good end as a whole, just before the intervention of the Monster Association could happen.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    The main reason of all the hate and negative reception OPM S2 gets is because of the underwhelming animation during the fights as we all know by now, especially the blurriness and the occasional lack of choreography, but TBH apart from that, the plot and the characters have been pretty interesting and engaging so far which people tend to often overlook cuz the bad animation...
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    It's pretty interesting for sure, but I won't say that I absolutely love it yet. I have seen 8 episodes of it so far and currently have it at the score of 7 on MAL.

Shinji honestly doesn't quite strike me as that interesting of a protagonist so far, honestly my favourite character from the show is Misato Katsuragi as of now.
    Finished Sailor Moon R. Now it's time to alternate between Neon Genesis Evangelion and Dragon Ball (1st series)
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    so it basically never really gives the feeling of boredom while watching it. It's a masterpiece of a shounen anime and pretty sure that you'll have an amazing experience watching it. ;) The length shouldn't be that much of an issue if you have watched all of the Pokemon series until date, which are not any less in terms of length and has ton of fillers unlike Hunter x Hunter.
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    Since you said you were also watching Z, are you going to watch it online or on DVD/Blu-ray, I've heard most releases of Z have issues (some image quality, some cropping, some colors)
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I'm gonna watch it online of KissAnime after I finish re-watching DB 1st TBH.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…