1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by mehmeh1

1. wolf jani
    wolf jani
    Of course. Thats my job.- Nobume
    Aug 8, 2019
    Dragalge likes this.
  2. Dragalge
    Dragalge
    Fine I’ll watch this Gintama! A lot of episodes are in Japanese only but maybe it will be good practice to get used to subs/Japanese voice acting!
    Aug 8, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  3. wolf jani
    wolf jani
    If I remember correctly. Only the 4th season is dubbed.
    Aug 9, 2019
    345ash-greninja likes this.
  4. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Yeah but surprisingly not many people are aware with that dub's existence lol.

I definitely do want to watch Gintama at some point, but the main reason I'm putting it off as for now is its length. It's like about 360+ episodes in total so it'll take
    Aug 9, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  5. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    a looong time to finish whenever I start it.

Plus Gintama also makes a lot of references to several other shounen anime which are derived from the Weekly Shounen Jump magazine and so we need to be familiar with several shounen anime to understand those jokes fully as Darthlord7 told me. So I'd at least wanna watch 25-30 shounen anime fully before attempting to watch Gintama.
    Aug 9, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  6. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    A main reason why I'm re-watching the Dragon Ball series nowadays (which I last watched a long time ago) cuz a lot of the parody references in Gintama are made from DB.
    Aug 9, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  7. wolf jani
    wolf jani
    Yup. You need to have seen many anime to understand. When I watched Gintama. I also watched many shorter anime at the same time. So I recommed you to do that.
    Aug 9, 2019
  8. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Surprisingly, I saw that you watched only 1 episode of DB before dropping it so did you fully get all the parody references? I remember Darthlord7 telling me that a lot of the reference are actually made from DB. Some of those are also made from Yu-Gi-Oh!, Naruto as well as I was told.
    Aug 9, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  9. wolf jani
    wolf jani
    Well. I didn't get everything but still found them funny.
    Aug 9, 2019
  10. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I see lol.

Just curious here that what made you sure that DB wasn't your type of show after just 1 episode? I mean since you're a Naruto fan I'm surprised that you didn't like DB,
    Aug 9, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  11. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    cuz with several people I've seen that those who DB tend to like Naruto as well and vice versa. Both are very long term popular shounen with a lot of action-packed stuff and lengthy training arcs.
    Aug 9, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  12. wolf jani
    wolf jani
    Well. You see. The comedy & characters in first episode were so bad & annoying that I couldn't even finish it. & I watched after watching Naruto. So it just felt so infrerior to me.
    Aug 9, 2019
  13. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I see. So is it the comedy which you disliked? The first series of DB earlier on has some perverted comedy jokes I'd admit, later on it gets a bit toned down with the action-paced stuff kicking in.

Honestly the first series of DB is pretty close to being a kids show, .
    Aug 9, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  14. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    it's an action-adveture series with a lot of lighthearted jokes, which can sometimes take a serious/darker turn. The sequel DBZ (Dragon Ball Z) is actually a lot more serious, tense and action-packed in tone; in its essence Z bears a lot of similarities to Naruto.
    Aug 9, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  15. Dragalge
    Dragalge
    We all know DBZ Abridged is p great too
    Aug 9, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.