• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

Power Up
Power Up
Where?
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
Power Up
Power Up
I agree with some of it and disagree with other aspects, seems like a reasonable take if you really, really hated the outcome and what it meant for Pokemon at that time. People were really disaffected when the event happened, I can understand the sentiment
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
Fair enough, but he's pretty much flat out ignoring anything other than "Ash lost, so it sucks". I'll admit I was really salty when the loss happened, but looking at it on full context, it's not nearly as infuriating as it once was
Power Up
Power Up
Sure, TF arc was great and AshXSerena did wipe a lot of it at the end there, but tbh I'm still pretty sore about it and probably will be for a while. The League was the most hyped up thing and the community was gearing for what was defined to be something starkly different. It was a huge deal across the internet. And when all of that was dashed, it triggered a huge backlash
Power Up
Power Up
When the battle was uploaded on Japanese Pokemon Youtube, it had one of the highest proportional disliked ratios out there. Something like 60k thumbs down to 1k approve iirc, the salt was pretty bad. They actually had to private the vid/remove it
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
I'm kinda mixed on it, as seeing it on perspective for Ash's development, it really fumbled while seeing it as part of Alain's it works well in tandem with the TF arc. The marketing hyping it up as much as they did was a huge mistake though (unlike in cases like the dance episode, where the hype and outrage was mostly fan-produced)
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
The salt was worse for me since due to a study trip I was without internet until saturday, so I was waiting until I got home like "I can't wait to FINALLY see Ash win a league!"
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
I found the backlash hilarious. At least the Team Flare climax was pretty good. I wonder how everyone would have reacted if the Team Flare climax interrupted the final round and the rest of the battle ended up getting canceled.