• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

mehmeh1
mehmeh1
I'd ask if even Mishima, but he's flat out a reddittor/4channer, so yeah, he's amazing too
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Personally thinks he gets better through his Confidant. Not gonna say why until you beat the game in case you do max it.

Unfortunately he gets roasted by Futaba. You'll love it I'm sure.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
I'm liking him a bit already, he's hilarious

Unfortunately or fortunately?
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Unfortunately it's unfortunately. You'll probably know what I'm talking about once you meet Futaba and then when Futaba meets Mishima for the first time.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
I have a bad feeling about this, lol
Victorian Rush
Victorian Rush
Honestly, even Joker, as mute as he is, is pretty great as well. I just wish he spoke more.
Akkipeddi
Akkipeddi
Yeah but his dialogue options have so much character to them so it's great.
Victorian Rush
Victorian Rush
Gotta say, Joker’s design is pretty cool. I like him a lot.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
"You were smuggling pizza! ". And yeah, he looks like a really cool guy, especially in his phantom thief outfit
Akkipeddi
Akkipeddi
I like the contrast between his confidant metaverse Persona and shy good guy Persona in the real world
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
Though to me in the real world he's a snarky asshole (also, ayy, I like how you used the word Persona there)
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Everyone loves Joker. Both in-universe and out.

And lots of people wish he spoke more. Unfortunately the closest you'll get is the anime which is unfortunately not...well received. I haven't seem that much of it tho to come to my own conclusion beyond "I don't mind, at least it's not 120+ hrs".
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
I wonder why the anime is so hated
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
From what I can tell, largely because the animation sucked. It's most obvious whenever the anime did AoA attacks and...yeah, it sucked.

But there was more screen time for Akechi in it, someone who's base breaking in the fandom, so that's another contributor.

Of course I liked that part.

Otherwise doesn't seem that bad but I'd have to see completely to be sure.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
ah come on, you DON'T mess with the all out attacks.

hmm, I still don't know why Akechi is so divisive, but I guess I'll see when I get to the parts where he appears more
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Exactly. Otherwise the animation isn't bad. Just not exactly high quality either.

Yeah, it's largely in the later parts and what he did, both during and before the game, is the main source of hatred.

And well he's also extremely smug until he breaks which probably added more salt in any wounds from said events.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
oh, so it's more like "so okay it's average".........which isn't really a good thing for something as flashy as P5

I kinda like his smugness tbh, it does make him feel like a famous detective
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Nope. Which is a shame since I love P4A but then again it was made by a different studio than the ones who did P4A.

Music's still great as always tho. I love the ED's especially. Specifically Autonomy. The music is pretty much one of the few, if only, things people agree is good.

Yeah, but if one views him as a pure villain, then that can be grating.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
whew, if they screwed up PERSONA 5'S music then it'd have been a full on abomination

To me (as of now) he seems more like an anti-hero, like what I've heard of Batman's role in (not the DCEU version) BvS storylines
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Yup. It would've.

I see. Well I'd say more than I really like the character but that would be spoilers.