• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Power Up
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeah mega evo gives at least a 2x ‘battle viability’ boost (if not more) based on the standard set by Korrina’s mega lucario (meaning a mega should be able to handle 2 of its base form back to back).

Korrina’s mega lucario nearly doublted it’s offensive power and put it in a completely different league of speed.
    Reactions: Power Up
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Dragonite is a busted Pokemon that's for sure. Literally posted exactly what you said about it replacing Incineroar/Snorlax lmao
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Not gonna lie though, it would be cool. Dragonite as a Pokémon is much better than Incineroar/Snorlax. I always wanted Goodra to be the cuddly tank of Ash’s team, but Dragonite is great as well
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Just hope they actually build up more going forward
    tbh, while I agree that PM19 needs more of an underlying plot, I like how they're handling the "random" battles by having them be more like plot devices for the rest of the episode (Ash showing the kids the fun of battling for 20 and producing an aura to be felt by Riolu in 21) rather than just mindlessly/meaninglessly having Ash beat some scrubs, like I feared the early tiers would be
    I just saw one of the worst takes of Ash losing to Alain I've ever seen
    Man, XY and its fantastic plot set-ups and writing is a welcome gift from what PM 2019 is doing right now
    Power Up
    Power Up
    You have great arcs like the Korrina arc, the Goodra arc, and it regularly builds up its characters with focus episodes for Serena, Clement, and Bonnie
    keepitsimple
    keepitsimple
    it's too bad Serena gets killed by that thug after her character arcs though. RIP
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    While there's not as much long-term setup in PM19, a notable one wouldd be Go and Raboot's out of sync relationship, which has been hinted at since episode 6 and has been gradually creating a rift between them
    Holy ****, Ash vs Olympia was so good. Not only that, but the incredible plot set up was just fantastic. XY is so good
    The shipping forum was probably the most lively around 2006/2007ish. Ask Cybercubed; he probably started lots of flame wars with Misty fans way back then lol
    Pokegirl Fan~
    Pokegirl Fan~
    2013 was around the time when shippers started moving to tumblr and social media over the forums. Its why its so inactive now.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    I don't think Pokemon shipping is really active anywhere tbh
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    shipping is eternal, shipping will always be (though in all seriousness, it's probably active in some amino or something like that)
    I'm now really worried about the Korrina rematch. I'm glad Tomioka is there, but episodes where the animation is directed by Akihiko Oka tend to be pretty meh, and Yuh Takahashi's are ok, but nothing special. The third animation director has never worked on pokemon before, so IDK about her. Hopefully we get great key animators working on it
    Power Up
    Power Up
    I hope it's good
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    Same, at least we can be assured that writing-wise it'll be great
    For the bad **** in XY, Team Rocket is obnoxious. I finally understand why people thought they were a major problem in XY.
    Regarding Serena's character, it's one of the best in the show and she's definitely best girl. All of the **** she's gotten is overblown
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Amour specifically and her crushing over Ash is like so incredibly infrequent and is literally just a couple of blushes and her worrying over Ash. Her relationship with Ash, however, is a focal part of her character and she is so much better off because of it.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Ash is clearly an inspiration for her and someone she looks for guidance as she wasn't someone who was as motivated to the level Ash was. That and Amour are intertwined really well and you can understand why she likes him and it's NEVER too much
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Watching her race with her mother and her first Tripokalon reminded me of how good her character is and how much she grew.
    As for the rest of the group, seeing them banter and journey with each other is great. They have a great dynamic(Bonnie adds SO much)
    In terms of ranking of gym battles atm. 1. Ash vs Korrina ; 2. Ash vs Ramos ; 3. Ash vs Viola ; 4. Ash vs Grant
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    Ash vs Grant is kinda underrated tbh, I liked how he prepared from watching his fight with Viola to make Rock Tomb Climb. Reminds me of Counter Shield
    Power Up
    Power Up
    The strategy is great, I just think the battle was a little boring
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    Fair enough, though I still liked it (especially how they showed Onix towering over Froakie). I'll admit I don't even remember Fletchling's part
    Also wanted to talk about Ash's team atm. You have Pikachu of course, Fletchinder, Sliggoo, Hawlucha, and Frogadier.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Show takes great pain in characterizing them, I would say just Fletchinder is not significantly characterized and even he had his moment in the Sky battle where his insecurities about being small were shown. Hawlucha of course, is probably the most bombastic out of everyone. Tons of flair, tons of personality, really great Pokemon.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Sliggoo gets a huge backstory and it's interwoven with his character so well. Just love the guy, really heartwarming Pokemon. Frogadier of course, total badass, no need for explanation.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Ash's team is characterized well and have strong distinct personalities and play of each other well.
    Ash's character in XY is someone who is driven and focused. He takes on the mentoral role because of his experiences.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    This all comes to a head in the Ash-Greninja depression arc, but the seeds have already been planted in XY itself! Really great character writing, this idea that Ash is a glorified battle-bot who frequently lauded on with zero faults needs to die
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Ash is seen as a mentor and the leader of the group with major influence over Serena and Clemont, but his faults are never not recognized and he is NOT overly praised!
    Power Up
    Power Up
    He's also incredibly innovative with his strategies and is regularly working on them as well as training. No idea why he is seen as a Stu.
    Summer camp arc was good, even if it was a little boring at times. What it did best was to further flesh out Serena and Ash's characters
    Power Up
    Power Up
    They have a talk mostly alone when Ask injured his foot where it's clear how much of a positive influence Serena takes from Ash and how it helps her character. Ash assuming the mentor role is a good thing for his character!
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Serena is able to take serious inspiration from Ash in how driven and focused he is, especially in contrast to her character which is currently indecisive and in postulation of what her goal is.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Ironically, how Ash acts in the series actually bites him back in the butt and it's actually recognized in XY itself!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…