• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Aw. The only ones I remember the most are Tamers and beyond (well more Frontier and beyond but still) and I know most usually watch up to Tamers. So I was wondering.

Well I'll admit I prefer short ones as of late but only 'cause I know they're finished for the most part. Or at least self contained-ish like Kekkai Sensen's two seasons.
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Also it kinda balances the extreme length most of the games I play as I typically play RPGs.

But yeah if it's good and I'm interested I'll give it a try despite it's length.

Atm the only one I can think of is Fairy Tale cuz, well, it's finished.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I never watched Tamers & Frontier cuz I loved the OG Digimon cast too much (even after watching so many anime I still think Tai is one of the best characters).

Hmm, if you are looking for short & sweet, these anime are definitely worth a shot:
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Kimetsu no Yaiba (pure hype battle-shounen, 26 episodes)
Vinland Saga (A true masterpiece, 24 episodes)
Fate/Zero (masterpiece, 13+12 = 25 episodes)
Dr. Stone (unique shounen, 24 episodes)
Death Note (masterful thriller, 37 episodes)

You know about Kill La Kill & Mob Psycho 100 already, so no need for me to mention them again. :p
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I can name some even better masterpiece anime than these...though they might be a bit too long for your liking. If you peak your interest in anime via watching the ones I mentioned, then maybe you won't hesitate to give those a try either. ;)
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Didn't already say I'm holding off Fate/Zero until after Fate/stay night?

Anyways, I've heard everything and am curious of 'em except Kimetsu no Yaiba but if it's purely focused on fight scenes as you made it seem with that description, I don't think I'd like it.

And as cool as Death Note is...I'm actually not that interested and doesn't seem like my cup of tea even though it's a thriller.
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
It'd be ironic if I do watch Death Note later and end up eating my words by liking it. But I don't know. It just doesn't seem like something I'd like that much. Maybe I would like it but not as much as its reputation would expect.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
I know it's the most hated series, but I actually liked Frontier, even if it was pretty dumb at times. I also really liked Savers/Data Squad, but I haven't seen most of its second half
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Yeah I know, just didn't cross my mind while mentioning Fate/Zero lol, my bad.

Anyways, regarding Kimetsu no Yaiba, the story isn't something very deep for sure, but still something you can easily empathize with. With what happens to the MC & his lil sister right at the start of the story could get you invested
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
in them right away, plus there's always a very strong/deep sibling bond prevailing between which is kinda hard not to care for. The action-scenes, apart from being incredibly animated, have some strong & pure emotion alongside hype with them, which makes them really remarkable.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
And believe me, episode 19 of Kimetsu got me hyped in the same vein as TTGL did, even after having watching so many battle-shounen, so maybe that anime has something really special. It also has top-notch direction and an amazing soundtrack, all of them makes it a show worth checking out.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Vinland Saga I'd give you the highest recommendation out of those. It's just....an absolute masterpiece, whether in terms of characterization, storytelling & world building. I have seen very few anime with such a deep & layered story so many aspects within it...check it out or else you're really missing out something great. ;)
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Well Death Note is considered one of the best entry anime, for people new to anime, it works out really well in peaking their interest in the medium. It also has a plot that despite being complex is still very easy to get into & one of those anime most people do like so I'll still recommend to give it a chance.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
If you feel like that your interest in anime is peaking after checking out some of these, then I'll mention some more anime which are a bit on the longer side & I think are even better (I do place TTGL alongside similar level as those anime, so maybe that'd give you an idea). :)
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Correction: looked it up and I do know Kaibutsu no Yaiba by its English name and actually was interested in it. Really I'd give all of them a chance because of your rec and the general praise for them, but they're just low on my priority considering how freakin' long it is. Not to mention my writing projects.

Except maybe Fate/Zero if only because Fate/stay night is pretty high on my priority list atm.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
If you do watch Fate/Zero, then make sure to watch the sequel Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works after that, which is an adaptation of the UBW route of the VN (sequentially coming after Zero, there are 3 routes, named Fate, UBW & Heaven's Feel, each dealing with the same characters in their respective different stories & perspective).
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
I actually researched a lot into Fate as I wanted to play the VN but can't. And also read fics. So I already know about the three routes (and a lot of their spoilers).

Uh wait, what? Oh wait you're talking about UBW, right? I'm assuming so since she was like six or so in Zero...

I actually already watched up to uh...ep 4+0 I think of UBW but wanted to stop to watch the VN instead.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Yeah, in Zero she was a lot younger, but still had a strong personality which she displayed well enough in the brief appearances she got....already gave an indication of the weight of her character. In UBW you get to see Rin as an MC where she gets amazing characterization. Best tsundere girl ever IMO (is Ryuko Matoi from Kill La Kill a tsundere? If so, she #1, otherwise Rin is the best one out there for me).
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
You did? Hmm that's great, I guess you must have already gotten a good glance at Rin's character. :) Though you'd understand UBW better if you watch Zero first, sequentially it cones like Fate/Zero --> 3 alternative Fate Stay Night routes.