• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
& a cast with most stangnant characterization with no development)....but oh well, different tastes, different preferences so I guess that's why sometimes it's the case.

But anyways, for the rest, Cowboy Bebop's episodic nature + predictable structure in most episodes personally didn't resonate with me too well & since you're about to watch S;G
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I won't say much about it now for spolier reasons. Like I said before, I thought KonoSuba & Madoka were good/enjoyable, but didn't think they were amazing.

Anyways @TheWanderingMist just curious that have you seen Made In Abyss? If you haven't I'd say it's definitely worth a checkout, it just a way better version of The Promised Neverland (and I'm saying this being a huge fan of Promised Neverland).
TheWanderingMist
TheWanderingMist
Well, TTGL probably wouldn't exist without NGE, given that it's basically meant as an antithesis to it. I've never actually seen the original NGE, just the 3 Rebuild movies, which I did find fairly enjoyable. Well, at least the first two.
TheWanderingMist
TheWanderingMist
Have not seen Made in Abyss, but I did pick up a volume of The Promised Neverland once out of curiosity, and it was not to my liking, so that probably means Made in Abyss isn't my type of show either.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I guess fair enough, NGE had a pretty strong influence on the anime medium in general which can't be denied, but IMO that still doesn't make the anime good when it has so many issues with its narrative, presentation & characterization.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Oh I see...fair enough there, but Made In Abyss has some extra elements than Promised Neverland doesn't and its characters & setting/environment is actually far more intriguing, so there could be a slight chance that you may still like it. :) Worth a checkout at least I'd say.
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Eighteen. EIGHTEEN notifications. That's a new record.
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
As for NGE...I wish I could be more confident saying this as I've yet to see it but I think one of the main reasons it was so big was that not only did it deconstruct plenty if things in mecha anime, it's because of the ambiguity on some of it and the "symbolism", intentional or otherwise, led to a lot of people analyzing it, much like how FNaF took off with not only Youtubers playing it but people analyzing it.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
@TheCharredDragon you should've seen my inbox when y'all were talking about TTGL on my profile, it was like 50
Funnily enough, the guy behind NGE said that most of the religious symbolism was just there to look cool
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
This is nothing, I remember getting 52 notifications once. :p With this new comment system it happens to be even more the case lol.
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
@mehmeh1 Pfft. That's fangirling/boying for you.

I knew that bout NGE too, hence the air quotes on "symbolism".
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Not surprised you guys got more notifications than me, but that's the most I got so far.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
Ayy, but yeah, that happens when you like some series a lot. Still, regardless on if it's actually symbolism, it's still interesting to see parallels

I guess it's also due to timezones, seeing as I'm asleep while there's a lot of conversation on my profile/posts at times.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I personally feel like that NGE has a very profound concept indeed but tries way too hard to execute it deeply & fails at times, which TTGL being it's antithesis executes all of its concepts to near-perfection, offering far more enjoyment
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
(a main reason why TTGL in general is mostly held in very high-esteem amidst fans while NGE mostly has very polarizing opinions). But that's just me of course, and someone can obviously judge with a very different perspective. :)
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
I like more instrospective series (a big reason why I love Infinity Train), but for some reason NGE doesn't look appealing to me, so I'm not currently planning on watching it. Maybe somewhere down the line, but IDK
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Save it for somewhere down the line maybe, for now just enjoy the pure entertainment that is TTGL. ;)
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
@mehmeh1 If I watch it before you, I'll tell you if I think it's actually introspective or not.

And if you do watch it before me...DON'T WATCH THE NETFLIX DUB. From what I hear, NGE fans don't like it. They censored some of the script (like making Kaworu "not gay") and got rid of a lot of iconic NGE lines like "An unfamiliar ceiling" and "I mustn't run away".
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Which is a shame since a lot of the VAs are ones I know.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
Let's see how it goes, I'm pretty sure it is, just that right now for some reason I'm not sure about I feel I won't like it that much.

Yeah, I've heard about that. I've seen much worse dubs with even worse censors, but that still seems incredibly pointless