• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Nope, never heard of it before, but checked it out on MAL and it seems to be pretty interesting from the synopsis I read there.
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Thought I'd mention it since it seemed like a pretty unique anime to me.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
A very unique shounen anime, based on cooking competitions, where the cooking is described through allegorical foodgasms. This is absolutely amazing in the earlier seasons, but the later seasons sadly have been dropping in quality more & more.
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
I heard of Food Wars. Tbh I was more interested in the other worlds than the cooking. The cooking was more a device to see those other worlds. For me at least anyway.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Well Food Wars' appeal mostly lies how creatively the cooking is presented & described rather than the cooking itself. Just take a look at some of these allegorical foodgasms lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzKlbgXpeF8
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
On one hand, I like creativity, but on the other I liked Sweetness & Lightning which had food but it was more as a device for the MC and his daughter to bond. So Food Wars sounds kinda meh to me atm.

-watches it- ... I am...not sure how to feel about that...mostly because it was funny but not funny to me at the same time...
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Well Food Wars in an anime that's not for everyone as it can be a bit weird to adjust/grasp at times, so no surprise. But just for clarification, the foodgasms you saw in the video all happen in fantasies & not in real, taking place in someone's mind after they tasted a certain food.
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Less weird for me and more not interested.

I could easily guess the foodgasms were that. XP
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
I've seen a bit of food wars "over the shoulder" when my brother was watching it.......and it was pretty uncomfortable, even if the food does look delicious
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
@mehmeh1 You should give it a more fair chance by watching 4-5 episodes at least, if you do wanna get into it. The show really hits its stride after the cooking competitions at Totsuki academy begins.

But I'd say don't watch anything beyond Season 3 Part 2 if you do ever manage to get into it, cuz those seasons are huge drop in quality.