• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
@blizzardblaze Personally? YES. Objectively? Depends on your tastes. Both are really long RPGs that have dating sim elements and can be pretty hard, especially if you're not used to RPGs. Story wise, they're considering really good but plenty don't think they're the best. And this is just for 3-5.
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
1-2 are pretty much different beasts and should only really be tried by people who really like RPGs/Persona because the mechanics can be too old for some people used to more modern ones/the later Persona games.
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
As for emulation, of your computer can run newer PC games like Assassin's Creed Odysesy or God of War, then it likely can run PS3 Persona 5. If you have more questions/need help, I'm more than happy to. Especially if it means you trying Persona.
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
Would personally recommend P3FES (with a certain mod to control your party as they can only be conttolled by AI without it) so you can appreciate the gameplay changes later but 4 and 5 are also fine places to start. And I personally think P3 Portable's fine too but that's just my bias talking.
blizzardblaze
blizzardblaze
I see...
I'm not sure if I should play Persona yet, since the computer I use is a 10+ year old Windows 7 one
so it's kind of running out of things in storage, so trying to keep it from going wack
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
oh, then I don't think it'll be able to run either game, in that case yeah, an LP (or the anime for 4, since @TheCharredDragon says it's great) would be a good alternative
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
As much as I love the anime of P4, if you're willing to see an LP of P4, I'd personally recommemd it over the anime as I'm not sure how good the anime actually is to anyone who knows almost nothing of P4 as there were plenty of scenes not included from the game.
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
But at the same time you may not like the LPs currently around of P4 since they almost alwsys go harem route. Maybe. And the anime is good imo, and this is from someone who's a huge fan of Persona. But that's just my tastes.
blizzardblaze
blizzardblaze
Oh, I watched the anime, it was really funny
it was on YT, so it was very...very..funny to see clips of it
also I know the plot of persona 4, but I just haven't seen all the in between bits about social links
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
I'd love to see Chuggaaconroy LP a persona game, but sadly he only plays nintendo games
blizzardblaze
blizzardblaze
you never know
speaking of chugga, he actually helped me to connect with someone at school who I found also liked him. we bonded over phantom hourglass last year, but then as usual I screw things up
ah yes
being socially awkward is fun. but then again it doesn't help I don't trust people and oh my arceus why -
blizzardblaze
blizzardblaze
but yeah, hopefully he'll do something not nintendo
I wonder
oh yeah, I forgot...
he replied to someone about persona, I forgot what he said but I think I remember him saying he's never played them before on twitter
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
Don't sweat it that much, meeting new people can be hard (believe me when I say I was REALLY awkward, and still am to an extent), but sometimes you just have to own the awkwardness itself and try to not overthink it
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
@blizzardblaze You did? Yay! I absolutely love P4A so that's good to hear.

Yu: I AM THE KING.

@mehmeh1 ah yes awkwardness... for me it's more because I'm just a quiet person unless it's about my interests and not really liking parties and such too much, among other things.
blizzardblaze
blizzardblaze
Persona 4 girls : Ayehhhh!!
Yu: Chie, sit on my lap
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
I prefer Yukiko but the scene was awesome and hilarious either way. ESPECIALLY because of the music. XD
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
For me I'm quiet unless I'm near people I'm comfortable with..........................then I won't shut up for a while.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
and now you're really making me want to play P4, but I'll finish P5 first, or else I'll never finish either
blizzardblaze
blizzardblaze
same
there's this guy at school who I personally don't like because there's something about him I don't trust
and last year, he was kind of getting in this girl from my class who was my friend's personal space
I don't like talking to people unless necessary or if it's around friends
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
@mehmeh1 Naoto: I'm surrounded by a bunch of imbeciles...

But yeah, finish P5 first. It'll be worth it. Also P4 is a bit shorter on average compared to it.

Speaking of...beat the pyramid Palace yet?