• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Yeah NGL I was truly caught off guard & by surprise when Lordgenome's actual intentions were revealed, based on his portrayal in the first half of the show you could easily get the impression that he's another sadistic pure evil villain, which is why the revelation the 2nd half comes off as that much as that much of a surprise.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
And in his final moments where he sacrifices himself via going quantum breakdown & becoming one with the 'infinity big bang storm' explosion energy, you're bound to feel for him.

"Simon, take it!!!"
blizzardblaze
blizzardblaze
Oh yeah I decided to rewatch the final episode
It's so freaking good
the timing for sorairo days is really done well
I've listened to the final episode version like 12 times today

LAGANN IMPACT!!!!
Bookends...would have been nice to see HANDS OFF MY GIRLFRIEND PUNCH!!! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE KICKKKK
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
Yeah, the entire final part of the battle was the meaning of epicness
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
@blizzardblaze @mehmeh1 You should watch the movie version of the fight, it's even more freaking epic in the final moments, even though the fight in the main series had the better buildup.

You don't even necessarily need to watch the movie in order to see the movie version of the fight, cuz the fight part is also available on YouTube very well.
blizzardblaze
blizzardblaze
SUPER TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN
How? HOW?!!
GUrren Lagann breaks the super granzemboa's drill
BLOOD TURNS INTO THE DRILL
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
So did you see it? Simon the freak dealt with the Anti-spiral beast with his bare hands lol
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
I've already said it but I prefer the movie version of the final fight. Mostly cuz EVERYONE got their own mech. (totally not also cuz more survived, noooo...not at all)
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
Haven't watched it, but wow, it sounds like it somehow escalated even more. That sounds freaking amazing
TheCharredDragon
TheCharredDragon
correction: I mean everyone gets a Tengen Toppa mech. Even Nia.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
Yay! Team Dai Gurren can all pierce the heavens together!
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
@mehmeh1 Then don't wait longer & just watch it on YouTube. ;) The movie fight is definitely worth a worth due to the escalated hype & sheer epicness in the final few moments of it compared to the anime fight.
blizzardblaze
blizzardblaze
I watched it. I love it. I didn't see the tengen toppa mechs, but...the animation's beautiful. The message is still preserved. And ok, they didn't have the sacrifices, meaning Leyte and Makken's children still have a dad in their life. But I feel like the sacrifices, especially Jorgun and Balinbow gave some sort of weight to it. It gave them all a reason to keep fighting for those who had fallen and rise above
blizzardblaze
blizzardblaze
I also really love the touch where instead of fading from tengen Topps, they go through every incarnation of gurren lagann before getting down to just simon
blizzardblaze
blizzardblaze
I'm graduating today...that means I am going to get some quotes down from gurren lagann
and my personal experience of course
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
Congratulations fam! Show the who the hell you are!
blizzardblaze
blizzardblaze
yea, a cynical kid who is trying to be inspirational but also willing to see things from the perspective of negativity
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Congrats for that! I also had many emotions rushing through me the day I graduated, so....I can kind of figure out how you maye be feeling right now. :)
blizzardblaze
blizzardblaze
I just feel...ok I guess, but weird. I already experienced this feeling when my friend left cuz he had to move(it was the first time) late into 10 years of schooling
and also 4 years ago. So I'm just..ok with it I guess
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
There are much bigger challenges ahead now that you've graduated, I guess you'll now be looking for a job or something like that....else maybe you'd wanna study on a further on a higher levels & maybe do Masters like I did myself.