• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

Ophie
Ophie
This is a drawn-with-no-references interpretation of Sash Lilac from Freedom Planet (and Freedom Planet 2). It was to see if I could make my own take on the character, making her look very different but still recognizable and within my own art style.
Sceptrigon
Sceptrigon
Ah ok. I never knew of Freedom Planet. I just found out that it was originally a Sonic fan game, so no wonder the character seems to have some resemblance. What do you think of the games? Would you recommend?
Ophie
Ophie
If you like the classic 2-D Sonic games of old, you'll probably enjoy them. The second game's not out yet though, and it's in sort of an indie-flavored development hell.

The first game is quite difficult though. And the story is love-it-or-hate-it among players (told through some pretty long cutscenes with voice acting, though they can be skipped).
Sceptrigon
Sceptrigon
I've played a number of Sonic games, but the 3-D ones stood out more to me than the 2-D. I don't mind cutscenes personally. Will probably take a look at some gameplay videos to see what it's like.
Reactions: Ophie
Ophie
Ophie
Well, what I mean is that if you don't like the story, you can skip the cutscenes (though there's a mode where they're automatically skipped). The story, I'd say, is best described as "charming, but amateurish."

A demo is available for Freedom Planet on every platform it's on. It takes you through...about half of the first stage. (They're very, very long.)
Sceptrigon
Sceptrigon
Oh alright. I don't really have any expectations for the story so it probably won't bother me.

Nice to know that there's a demo, I can try it out on the Switch. In regards to the length, I'd imagine it would still give me a good sense of the gameplay though?
Ophie
Ophie
Yep. If you don't like how it plays, you probably won't like the rest of the game. The only thing it doesn't tell you, besides the story (which is completely absent in the demo), is the rather high difficulty, since it cuts out before the game takes off the proverbial gloves.