• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
especially Tenten, Shino & Hinata. I mean those fillers don't really contribute to the main storyline sure, you get to see these characters previously underutilized in the main story arcs get their own shining moments. Especially Hinata was pretty much forgettable & barely even did anything worth remembering in the main story arcs, but a couple of the filler mission arcs gave her some solid shining moments.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Similarly I barely even remembered Tenten beforehand but some of the filler arcs made her character grow on me quite a bit. One of those filler mission arcs, the one involving Raiga & Ranmaru had a very solid individual heartwarming story too, that arc was quite good on its own despite being a filler.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
So while it's true that several of those 2nd half fillers are pointless, several ones amongst them are actually worth watching IMO in order to make you care about some of those side characters, even if they don't progress the main storyline.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
I'm actually not much of a fan of Naruto vs Neiji anymore due to something in Shippuden, but yeah, I loved that fight when I first watched it. Sasuke Retrieval was also great for what you said, plus it gave Gaara more awesome moments.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
Speaking of Gaara, yeah, I was really shocked when I saw his backstory, no wonder the poor kid ended up like that. He's kinda like Naruto in a way, being ostracized for having a tailed beast inside him.
About fillers, I agree on that the best ones are the ones that develop side characters more, even if sometimes their placement felt like it dragged things out a bit
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I guess something contradictory ideology wise must have taken place in Shippuden regarding the Naruto vs Neji fight then, but I'll know when I see it of course.

What's great about Gaara was that his backstory, alobgside being haunting & deep in its revelation, also really did tie up really well to his character development & change. Definitely one of my favourite Naruto characters.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
His fight with Kimimaro in the Sasuke Retrieval arc was really a super-intense & gripping fight, I guess that's the one you're probably referring to.

Well yeah, what I meant was that a good of number of fillers are actually worth something since they do really help in developing those previously underused side characters & give them their shining moments,
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
obviously their placement at times is questionable, but I've seen many people say that Naruto fillers are mostly just milking the series & a waste of space, some people even compare them to Pokemon XY & SM fillers, which are quite an exaggeration, only true for some of those fillers, not all of them.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I mean without watching some of those fillers arcs I'd have never given a damn about characters like Tenten, Hinata & Shino, which I do after watching those.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
Btw, what will you be watching now that Naruto is on hold?
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Already watching Re:Zero & finished One Outs recently, which was just amazing, the best sports anime I've seen by far. It's a psychological thriller in the mould of Death Note in a sports premise. The constant mind games, tactics & gambling involved alongside the baseball games make the anime enthralling & tense through and through.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
The MC especially is an absolute genius (he kinda reminds me of Hisoka in terms of personality & aura lol). Would highly recommend it if you're into mind games and clash of wits.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
ayy, so now we've got Death Note but they're lovers and Death Note but they're baseball players. Ngl that actually sounds pretty cool
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I guess you're referring to.Kaguya-Sama by "lovers" right? I've gotta check that out soon, have heard a lot of great things about it, especially about it's recently aired 2nd season. Hope that one's worth the hype as well.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Re:Zero just seems to be getting better & better episode by episode. I just seem to love it even more as get more into it, this is probably the best isekai I've seen till date, even better than KonoSuba. Torture is narrative here.

BTW I recently made this Top 100 character collage of mine, how do you think it looks like?

https://i.imgur.com/SwTDPG6.jpg
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
yeah, I'm referring to that one (tho I haven't watched it)

Yeah, from what I've heard of it the protagonist goes through a lot of mental torture due to dying over and over again.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
I really like your collage, from the ones I know, though Deku fell on my list this season (I just found him kinda bland here, especially since in the first half he was surrounded by characters that I found more interesting). I'm surprised Naruto is so low for you tbh
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Yeah exactly that. I'm far away from finishing it, but still would recommend this, it's crazy good & you're missing out on something if you don't check this out.

Well, I know, it's quite understandable why Deku is suddenly getting a lot of flak after that last season & why people's liking for his character have been suddenly reducing significantly,
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
but I loved his character & was really invested through 3 season, so just 1 season isn't gonna put him down for me. I know that Mirio proved to be a far better character in that whole arc so Deku stealing the big moments & climax from him was what people found as a real cop-out,
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
but I'd honestly be lying if I still didn't like Deku finally taking on a big villain 1 vs 1 & appreciate his Super-Saiyan moments. Also, from what I've heard from some MHA fans who are manga readers, this comparatively weaker 4th Season actually sets up the following/upcoming arcs very nicely, which are easily amongst of the best arcs of MHA,