• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Power Up
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I ended up finishing XYZ a while back and I didn't end up writing my thoughts, but the TF arc and what came after was really just brilliantly done.
    Reactions: janejane6178
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Really though, what came after that just made me a lot more emotional. Especially the last episode as all the time I spent with the XY gang and the joy that watching that wonderful cast of characters end really hit me.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    XY/XYZ had both the emotional and narrative core to make the story work and it just went full force. Whether it was the AG departure, or Dedenne not wanting them to leave, it was all just done so well.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    And then of course, you have the kiss.
    Don't know about this update...
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    I don't like the look tbh
    Pokegirl Fan~
    Pokegirl Fan~
    I don't mind it, I just wish that the avatars were bigger and square shaped and that there was a username change option lol
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    Also, the Recent Postings/Latest Activity/About tabs are almost invisible on the classic skin
    Well, I finished the Kalos League
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Ash's role in the TF arc makes narrative sense in the overarching structure of the show, what doesn't make sense is his underutilization in the league.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    There should have been a greater balance in the league itself, contrasting both Alain and Ash from the beginning in the league, much in the way they handled Sawyer(which was handled really well!). Or if not in the beginning, they should have frontloaded it more after he beat Sawyer at least!
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    Thinking about it, yeah. I guess Ash's role on the KL post-Sawyer kinda fits XY's overall story, but when considering both the KL's story and the story of the anime as a whole, it just feels incredibly off.
    The character writing during Ash's depression arc is just amazing in XYZ. It breathes so much life and interest into his character.
    Also, XY/Z is incredibly funny with its gags since a lot of them actually are based on dialogue and running jokes. Bonnie is so entertaining
    Power Up
    Power Up
    The episode where Bonnie's " please marry brother " gag comes home to roost is a total hoot.
    As far as Amour goes, once again, it's subtle and just the way it should be. It's never really in your face with cute moments
    Power Up
    Power Up
    I did get salty again rewatching the dance episode though lol
    Serena's has one of the best characters arcs in anime. Watched her third princess key and her Master Class performance.
    • Love
    Power Up
    Power Up
    The animation as well was just insane
    Power Up
    Power Up
    I especially love seeing Ash talk to Serena about her loss and what he does when he loses. Like throughout XYZ, it's so clear that Serena both loves and sees Ash as someone to aspire towards. He aids in her character development so much
    Pokegirl Fan~
    Pokegirl Fan~
    Its a shame they neglected her for so long in the first year of the series. Her best episodes were in the 1st half of the second year imo.
    Rewatching XYZ, such a ****ing breath of fresh air. The 3d camera itself makes battles so much better.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    also, Heidayu's Bisharp is OP. Taking on Sanpei's Greninja, Pikachu, and Frogadier at the same time? And destroying them? Really impressive.

What's even more impressive is that imperfect Ash-Greninja basically one-shot it lol
    From what I'm seeing, it seems like Ash vs Bea will be the best choreographed Journeys battle so far (not much of a high bar, but still).
    ah, the sound of PAD breakdowns is a melody to my ears
    Reactions: wolf jani
    Power Up
    Power Up
    seems like they might be testing the waters for Go replacing Ash tho
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    People are getting angry every time Goh seems to be getting screentime. There is the possibility you might be right tbh, and I'm not sure if I'd like that or not, but I still want to see how it happens if it does end up happening.
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    Also, I'm pretty interested on next week's episode, since it seems to be delving deeper into Goh's backstory. The Bea episode could be good, but I'm mostly looking forward to its staff list to see how it'll end up being like
    Oh we're sharing opinions for once (about today's episode and the current series in general xD)
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Yeah. Pretty clear where the direction of this series is at the moment
    Pokegirl Fan~
    Pokegirl Fan~
    The selective continuity really brings this series down for me. I wanted something that felt more natural like the continuity in AG and DP
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…