• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
WalesNote
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So, I've actually gotten round to watching Pokémon Journeys, and it's quite good (at least to me). Got me thinking about ideas for writing. So, how about a seasoned trainer who has given up their journey and has become a detective/researcher with their professor partner in order to uncover mysteries and what not.
    Reactions: TheCharredDragon
    WalesNote
    WalesNote
    Was also looking at implementing my own ideas, like something akin to mega evolution (maybe a different kind of evolution) or something, along with some original pokémon for a bit of original stuff.
    TheCharredDragon
    TheCharredDragon
    So...either Sherlock or Professor Layton. Got it.
    WalesNote
    WalesNote
    NOT YET IT AINT. I'm writing more, and I'm getting a backstory that ties in with the overall plot. I'm doing good so far. I'll need to update.
    Been looking at getting emulators on my phone, and going back to replay the first gen games. It's been over 2 decades since I've played them.
    Another idea. Human protagonist dies and is reincarnated in the Mystery Dungeon world as a pokémon. Once they uncover who they were/are, they have a chance to go back.
    The protagonist is a researcher who attempts to uncover the mysteries behind the spirit world. They journey through many regions, investigating haunted locations and ghost pokémon. Starter pokémon is a Duskull, and Dusknoir and Giratina play large roles.
    Perhaps a Stunky as a partner.

I really need to think of a plot to the story, though. All I got is that only one or two pokemon will be caught in each visited region.
    Starter Ideas:

Buizel, Sableye, Chatot, Meowth, Wooper, Cacnea, Sunkern. Perhaps my own regional variant?
    TheCharredDragon
    TheCharredDragon
    I'm biased for Sableye but, of course, it should be appropriate for what you're going for (aka pick it because it matches the Trainer or pick it because it doesn't match and thus subverts expectations/is funny).
    Ok, ok, ok. Idea for my own pokémon story, though it's a long series, rather than just one story.

Protagonist begins as a teenager. He/she doesn't really know what they want in life, so they try out a standard pokémon journey, and over the course of the series, they slowly change their thoughts to researching and stuff. By the end, they become a researcher, and there's detective stuff as well.
    Pokémon Crystal update part 6.
    Trained Psyduck, made my way through Ilex Forest, battled trainers and caught more pokémon on route 34, entered Goldenrod. Obtained the coin case underground.
    Pokémon Crystal update part 5.
    Part 5 - Defeated Team Rocket in the Well, earned my second badge, and defeated Silver a second time. Caught many pokémon in Ilex Forest, gained HM Cut, and caught our third team member.
    Pokémon Crystal update part 4.
    Headed south, catching a few more pokémon. Defeated many trainers and entered Union Cave. Picked up some items, landed a Magikarp, and reached Azalea Town.
    Pokémon Crystal update part 3.
    Caught a Bellsprout and headed into Violet City. Fought through the Sprout Tower and obtained the HM Flash. Trained the team and caught another Bellsprout to trade for an Onix. Took on the Violet City gym and defeated the gym leader, Falkner, earning the first badge. Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava. Explored the ruins of Alph and caught an Unown.
    Pokémon Crystal update part 2.
    Caught my second team member, Spinarak, and trained before heading north of Cherrygrove, battling Joey and catching a few more pokémon. Wandered around in the grass, took a peek into the Dark Cave, and battled a bug trainer before taking a rest outside Violet City. Need to train a bit more for the gym.
    I MIGHT. MIGHT. Be working on a pokémon story of my own. Was thinking about a story focusing on a researcher rather than a trainer. Getting ideas for their pokémon they might catch. But there are too many I like. Hnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.
    Reactions: TheCharredDragon
    TheCharredDragon
    TheCharredDragon
    As a fellow writer, I wish you luck!
    WalesNote
    WalesNote
    Hello to you :3 Starter ideas are Meowth and Buizel so far.
    TheCharredDragon
    TheCharredDragon
    What is their backstory and what do they research? It might help to tie their starter (and later) Pokémon to them.
    UPDATED MY SIG YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. In other news, Team Gold has failed to return, so now Team Brave will defeat the mighty Groudon!! ROAR!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…