• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
R_N
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I think western third party characters get overhyped.

I'm not saying we won't get another one after Banjo and Steve, but I sincerely doubt we'll get three more.
    R_N
    R_N
    Yeah the people who keep thinking we'll get like a bunch of western third parties are just kidding themselves, tbh
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    IMO, Banjo and Steve had something going for them to get included as fighters.
    Opinion on the newest Smash fighter (and the trailer that went with it)?
    R_N
    R_N
    my icy cold heart, bed bath and beyond done with third parties, melted and turns out underneath was a sephiroth stan

was BAFFINGLY hyped and still am, its crazy i cant believe this is happening
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I thought this was one of the best trailers. As for the fighter, I'm genuinely pleased.

I'm really glad that FFVII gets more music and spirit representation, but what degree I guess we'll wait until the 17th to find out.
    R_N
    R_N
    It is by FAR the best of the DLC trailers if nothing else. They pulled out all the stops for it; the fact Cloud even got a CG model is pretty notable.
    Is the story in Three Houses any good? I assume it's gotten a better reception than Fates.
    R_N
    R_N
    The story is pretty good though some people really hate it and find it a mess. On the whole people like it though.

And lord knows they like it enough for Endless Discourse
    Dumb question, but let's say that New Horizons didn't add the content you wanted by March, and you put the game up.
    Would you pick it back up if they implemented a satisfactory about of content later on?
    I might ask more than one person this, but...

I am going to get Fire Emblem: Three Houses as part of that Gamestop Black Friday deal.

I'm wondering which difficulty I should try. For reference, I'm looking for something similar to Path of Radiance Normal, or Awakening Hard.
    R_N
    R_N
    You probably want to start on Hard Mode, then. I personally enjoyed the Normal mode, but for a number of people it is too easy.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Does the game have extra excursion missions you can do like in Awakening and FE: Fates/Birthright?
    R_N
    R_N
    Every weekend you can spend your poitns (it'll make more sense when you get there) to go on non-paralogue side missions, yeah. But you have to balance those with the same points you use to do paralogues. Normal mode has a specific mission that you can redo as much as you want without wasting time....I think? It's been a while, but I believe so anyway.
    Hey R_N, if you are signed up to the Pokemon Trainer Club Newsletter, could you do me a favor?

Can you look and see when the last time you got a Newsletter from them was?

I haven't received any since late 2019.
    R_N
    R_N
    i straight up do not think i've gotten once since 2018
    i've always had issues with the newsletter so I am not thrilled at the zarude code being locked behind one. I even logged back in to make sure its still enabled!
    Can you take a Calm painting off my mom's hands?

You can either keep it or send it back to me.
    Are you a guy who buys the fighter passes, or do you purchase select characters in Smash Ultimate?
    R_N
    R_N
    I passed on the first fighter's pass until minmin came out. I figured, ok, the first FP characters were thankfully not terrilbe and Minmin got me excited for FP2 so may as well get the whole set

After seeing steve tbh I wish I hadn't bought the second pass but ceslevie
    Who is your favorite Fighter Pass fighter in Ultimate so far?

I like Hero.
    R_N
    R_N
    Definitely MinMin!
    She's just really fun to play, I like her al ot.

Heros' actually my least favorite lmao. Just...nothing about him clicks with me at all. His attacks feel too short, slow and I haaaaate his down b. Too awkward
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Boo. I mean, okay.

Hero's Down B is pretty fun to me, but when my brain turns off, I just fish through the menu and forget to use his other attacks.

I like Hero's other Specials. Zapple covers distance; Kafrizz deals good damage.

I guess my second favorite is... ...probably Joker. He has a fun playstyle.
    Despite how your opinions are often harsher than mine, I'm happy that you at least entertain my questions and whatnot.
    Reactions: R_N
    Thoughts/opinions on Steve/Alex for Smash Bros.?
    R_N
    R_N
    It makes sense
    I have no issue with minecraft or people who do like them

But I despise how they look in smash. It looks fake, in a very bad way.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    How would you change it?
    R_N
    R_N
    Either a complete visual rework in some fashion or just....not having them in the game, really.
    Don't quit New Horizons until I get all of Redd's art.

On a serious note, while I like New Horizons, I don't think it is quite as good a New Leaf.
    The potential is there, but I wish there was more oomph in the game.
    R_N
    R_N
    i genuinely wish it was New Leaf+
    instead of New Leaf 0.5 that might one day possibly might maybe reach parity with New Leaf
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Would there be any hypothetical update that could change your mind?
    R_N
    R_N
    Well anything substantial that isn't just stuff from new leaf arbitrarily left out would be a start.
    Also just going "whatever" and dropping all the new leaf stuff at once
    If it gets into your court, would you like a perfect painting in New Horizons?
    R_N
    R_N
    Perfect's one of the ones I got, sorry!

Also sorry iuf I keep missing your messages. I have Serebii open most days but I dont refresh it that frequently. Its partly why Im always replying to your messages hours later.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    No problem. My mom actually bought the painting for me, so maybe I can offer it to someone else in the future.
    Thanks for your tidbit on the villagers in New Horizons. I now will talk to the villagers until they give me more interesting dialogue.
    Do you know what plagues me?

I go through the Realgam Tower tournament in Pokemon Colosseum twice only to be unsatisfied with the Metagross I get in return.

I'm just torturing myself with this.
    R_N
    R_N
    oh my god i could not imagine rerolling in that stupid tower
    they set it the first time you see it right? Horrors
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I wish it was like XD and didn’t give you the choice, lol! Anyway, I didn’t get a great Metagross, but it wasn’t as bad as prior tries.
    Do you want to buy an authentic painting from Redd in my mom's village?

She has Dynamic and Proper, which I don't think either can have forgeries.
    R_N
    R_N
    Sorry I just caught this, but I believe I have both these paintings. Thanks for the offer, though, I always appreciate it
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Well, it turned out I got someone to buy one of the paintings, and that my mom bought the proper painting and I made a mistake thinking there were two paintings left (after I bought one).
    Do you believe this datamine rumor? I happen to see you mention a bit of it on Smogon forums when I was looking around.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I was talking about the various Home leaks that were mentioned on CentroLeaks twitter. This included the moves, two abilities, and items (like the Galarica stuff).
    It could be that they wanted to establish the unique idea that the two regions each have an item to evolve Slowpoke, so they did that one differently.
    R_N
    R_N
    My supposition comes from this: every single galarian form (& almost every Alolan form) had a "gimmick". Either a unique ability or a unique move.
    But judging by the leak, it would seem only Slowbro has this (an ability & a move). Slowking's is likely not implemented yet (or shared). Every other Move is either for Urshifu (, Zarude (Jungle Healing) or one of 18 move tutor moves.
    R_N
    R_N
    Just for reference, since it can be easy to miss:
    Rapidash: Pastel Veil
    Sirfetch'd: Meteor Assault
    Obstagoon: Obstruct
    Cursola: Perish Body
    Runerigrus: Wandering Spirit
    Perrserker: Steely Resolve
    Mr Rime: Screen Cleaner
    Weezing: Strange Steam
    Darmanitan: Gorilla Tactics
    Stunfisk: Mimicry & Snap Trap
    Did you ever get Sword/Shield? If so, will you get the DLC?
    R_N
    R_N
    Yeah I got Sword at launch. I'll get the DLC as well, yeah.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    BTW, I was merely curious. I wasn't going to beat down your doors if you said no to either question.
    I said I did all BL paralogues but never got Annette’s! I should have worded it better admittedly. :p

I’m going to wager that it involves some support shenanigans to unlock it.
    R_N
    R_N
    Gilbert & Annet need C Rank support. The paralogue will activate on teh 14th chapter at the earliest and expire after the 18th
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…