• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

SerGoldenhandtheJust
SerGoldenhandtheJust
As someone who liked BvS UE and The Last Jedi, I kinda agree with his point that YouTubers who talk about movies (especially cinemasins) suck. Plus movies aren't meant to be watched in one defined way as well imo
LazySpy
LazySpy
Ohhh... To be honest with you, I also liked TLJ. I left the theater satisfied and not offended. But then - thanks to my younger brother, who was a lot more criticall and had a lower opinion of that film - I've found breakdowns of this movie by Mauler and E;R, and I really liked their videos, I agreed with the standards for writing they presented and it had a huge impact on the way I analyze media.
LazySpy
LazySpy
I'd say it's all about finding the right youtubers. Almost everyone who came on EFAP I found to be all right. I also agree, I think everyone does that there shouldn't be only one valid way to view movies.

Also screw Serebii's profile post character limit. BMGF has none AFAIK.
SerGoldenhandtheJust
SerGoldenhandtheJust
Serebii's character limit sucks, I remember wanting to discuss LoK once and couldnt lol. I feel in this age and day there is certain entitlement people have towards content&lots of gatekeeping as well with aspects of franchises. TLJ had its weak points but it succeeded in what it turned out to do, esp in Luke's arc for me.
SerGoldenhandtheJust
SerGoldenhandtheJust
I would appreciate these youtubers more if they didnt feed the toxic haters which it unfortunately ends up doing
LazySpy
LazySpy
They are well aware of the toxicity in their fandom and they are doing their best efforts to call it out - Southpaw, for example, believes many in the EFAP audience are hypocriticall/racist/bigoted, and calls them out when he can, as does Mauler. Sadly, the community is too big to solve this issue once and for all. Really, worst EFAP's hosts and guests did are jokes.