• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

Blood Red
Blood Red
Hi! I'm doing great, how 'bout you?
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
I'm Ok, taking a rest after working and might try to watch some episodes of Violet Evergarden tonight.
Blood Red
Blood Red
Nice. It's on my watchlist, along with hundreds of other shows. Might pick it up sometime, if only cuz the main character looks cute.
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
She's adorable. The anime seems kind of sad really.
Blood Red
Blood Red
It does seem kinda depressing, yeah. Still, not as depressing as Pokémon (though in this case, it's entirely unintentional).
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokemon has been depressing since DP ended for me (yes that includes XY too)
Blood Red
Blood Red
XY gave me some hope. That hope died in Sun/Moon, and it's just gone downhill from there.
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
XY felt like a hollow shell of AG/DP to me except it focused way too much on Ash compared to those two series.
Blood Red
Blood Red
XY was a bit of an overcorrection after the mistakes they made in BW, which is probably why it ended up like that.
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
Probably. I also dislike that it was so self contained compared to the other series.
Blood Red
Blood Red
They seem to have over-corrected in that department too, with Journey being nothing but hollow pandering and 'DO YOU REMEMBER THIS? THIS WAS A THING, HUH GUYS?' moments. The anime's done a terrible job at balancing plot elements since DP.
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
Agreed. Journeys should have been the Battle Frontier 2.0 except for an entire series, with its fanservice of past characters and reserves.
Blood Red
Blood Red
Journeys should've been its own show with a different protagonist, honestly. I don't think Goh and Ash work together in the same show.
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
Every series after DP should have been its own show with different protagonists.
Blood Red
Blood Red
Agreed, it would've been nice to have the game's actual protagonists take center stage. Besides, DP was the perfect place to end Ash's story.
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
I'm frustrated that it didn't happen.
Blood Red
Blood Red
But hey, they brought Dawn back at least
Pokegirl Fan~
Pokegirl Fan~
I guess that's good
Blood Red
Blood Red
Depends on how they handle here return, honestly. It could either be really good, or really, really bad.