• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

Yuugis Black Magician
Yuugis Black Magician
Unfortunately, I haven't kept up with Yuugi-Ou! since I made this account when I was a thirteen girl. :(
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
oh well :(, there's quite a bit of stuff I was wondering about (like DSOD being a likely cause for Arc V and Vrains' production issues, 5Ds and Zexal's soft reboot halfway through, or even with DM, why the animation took a huge dip post-Battle City)
Yuugis Black Magician
Yuugis Black Magician
Yeah, sorry, I don't know. Chances are the series stopped being a priority for whatever reason. That or the producer stopped trying to get more animators.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
Afaik by the time Arc V and Vrains were goign on Gallop wasn't doing much aside from Yugioh, though yeah it could be that they didn't have many animators on hand (and DSOD may have torn a huge hole on the budget). Also apparently things got so bad that by late Arc V one of the animators was saying they weren't even getting character sheets on time
Yuugis Black Magician
Yuugis Black Magician
Dang, that sucks. The entire production could also have been mishandled by the series director or production desk or even the producer. All-in-all it just seems like chaos and I feel sorry for the creative staff.
mehmeh1
mehmeh1
and it doesn't stop there, I think Vrains had to switch directors like 10 episodes in and there were so many recap episodes (7 in total AFAIK) there had to be like 3 public apologies. The series ended up having only 120 episodes (5Ds-Arc V had around 150 each), and then they had to switch studios