• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
BCVM22
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Have a good rest of the year (and a happy new year as well)?

I'm excited about Legends: Arceus, and other promising titles are coming out this year, including, but not limited too: Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, and BotW sequel.
    Just once, I would like to go to Twitter without seeing people trying to dunk on the new Pokemon games' graphical quality and compare it to BotW/Persona 5/whatever. I hate suggested topics on that site sometimes.
    Reactions: Teravolt
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    Which is why you block those people as you come across them, as I do.
    Hey, how's it going? Finding a job is a nightmare, and I almost want to go "Branch Chief Faba" on these fools to prove that I am the most qualified person to help out in the colleges.
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    I don't know what that means.

Sorry you're having trouble finding a job, though.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Branch Chief Faba was that pretentious head in the Aether Foundation in Pokemon Sun and Moon that had a big head about how qualified he was.
    It's why he tells people to always address him as "Branch Chief Faba".

The nuclear option for me would be to move into a bigger city, but I'm trying to work for a local college first.
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    I get it now.

I hope you're able to find one soon.
    Just beat the fourth gym and on my way to Celestic Town. *Slowpoke jpeg*

The odd thing is I already put over 40 hours into the game. I guess I've been doing other things in-game.
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    I beat the E4 at 30 hours - what have you been doing that you're at 40, four gyms in????
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Some side stuff. I've done some underground things. I am thorough on fighting trainers.

I also don't really streamline anything. I constantly switch Pokemon, for example, so that no Pokemon is too strong.
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    Makes more sense if you're taking time to rotate more than six.
    Could you get me one of those "close enough" Starly, and would Calm work as a nature for Swablu for you?
    How far are you in the game?

If you get into the underground and find an extra Skull Fossil, I will trade you the Skull Fossil for an Armor Fossil.

I would rather revive it myself.
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    I've caught a few Starly with natures that would all be moderately acceptable alternatives to Modest, all female. Let me know when you make it to Solaceon Town.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Okay, welll I'm in Hearthome for right now, so I might do those things before I get to Solaceon Town.
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    Sure, my intention isn't to rush you. When you get to the point that you can.
    Just to let you know, I can probably get you a Swablu pretty soon. They are in one of the Underground areas as soon as you reach Eterna City.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    OK, well, I might be able to get to Solaceon by the middle of the week (since I'm taking my time).

In the meantime, if you happen across anything that is within Swablu's breeding groups (example Starly) that is Modest, then you might trade it to me.
    Also, since it is impossible to really check stats at Level 1 without a IV checker, you might have to settle for what I give you.
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    I'm more concerned with Nature than IVs specifically, so that's fine. I'll start looking for a Modest Starly.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    To answer my previous question, happiness doesn't seem to have a ceiling, which is unfortunate because now you have forced hax.

Oh well, I guess I'll get use to it (or maybe I should throw a fit).
    I am enjoying the game at my slow pace, but I will say that I hope we get some patches on some glitches and oversights.

My game crashed twice on me already, granted, one was when I just loaded it. To be fair though, Dragon Quest XI S (the demo) crashed on me twice.
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    Not ideal. Hopefully they patch it soon.
    If you haven't gotten to Snowpoint Gym, be careful, as you potentially could get softlocked.

From what I've heard, the snowballs can spawn again if you save in the gym, so don't save in the middle I suppose.
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    Long ways away from that.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Just wanted to give you a fair warning.
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    Thanks.
    Starting a new VM thread.

The only maple recipes I'm missing are the Tree's Bounty Arch and Tree's Bounty Big Tree.

Also, if you have any extras lying around. Can you hold on to Maple Leafs and Pine Cones for a while?
    I'm going to see if I can get them by myself, but they are seasonal.
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    I can do that. I got Maple rug today, which apparently I didn't have.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    They added the Maple Rug recipe in the 2.0 Update.

There is also a cherry blossom rug for the sakura time period.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    All I have left now is the Big Tree recipe.

Edit: And, that's all of them.
    I wanted to share a bit of interesting bit of Animal Crossing lore.

As figured, Nat and Flick are father and son (same with Chip and C.J.), but the interesting thing about Nat and Flick is that while they share the same interest, they conflict each other on how insects should be treated. If you remember, Nat liked to eat insects, while Flick likes to keep them around.
    Reactions: TheCharredDragon
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I'll still need to get some maple recipes once that window pops up.

I have 2 out of 10 of those, so I need nearly all of them.

So if you get any extras, consult me if you will.

I would hate to have to look hard after BDSP come out, lol!
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    As the maple stuff starts popping up I'll keep an eye out.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I have the red leaf pile and the Autumn Wall, and that's it for Maple recipes.
    Were you getting Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl?
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    Brilliant Diamond. Which one are you getting?
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    My main game will be Shining Pearl.

I'm getting both, but Brilliant Diamond is basically for a friend.
    Reactions: BCVM22
    Bigfoot_the_Pokémon
    Bigfoot_the_Pokémon
    Arceus mostly, unless I win the Pokémon Pet Contest. Win that and you get one for FREEE. In that case, BD.
    Do you have a favorite villager in Animal Crossing?
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    Deli. Drago is a close second. Keaton third.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    My favorite is Ribbot because it combines my childhood interests in frogs and robots. I also like Croque quite a bit.

My favorite not a frog villager is probably Octavian.
    Reactions: BCVM22
    Are you getting the ACNH paid DLC? You've been at the game for a while.
    Reactions: TheCharredDragon
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    I don't know if I would go for it directly, but I'm likely going to pony up for NSO+, so I might as well play the DLC if I'm getting it included.
    Hey, if you ever decide to not have Metagross as your avatar, you should change it to the baseball guy from Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase.
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    I'm not sure that has any significance to me.

Scooby Doo on Zombie Island was the superior movie anyway.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I just remember the virus making baseball puns, so baseball guy had to have done it (even though, he could have been framed...)

I just can't help but get a "you" vibe from that character, and while I agree Zombie Island is the better movie, it doesn't have baseball references.
    I'm so hyped to see this last smash character. I'll be glad when it's done as well. There's just only so much pointless speculation one person can handle.
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    I will be delighted with it all over.
    Seth Rogen is Donkey Kong.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the Direct?
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    It was alright. Didn't have a ton for me but that's okay. Kirby looks interesting and N64 on NSO is good.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    What are your thought on the cast of the Mario movie?
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    Insanity.
    How are you doing?

Ever since I got over my sickness, I've been really tired. It's hard to initiate a process of getting up.

Anything on your end?
    BCVM22
    BCVM22
    All quiet over here. Sorry to hear COVID is still making things difficult. Hopefully you get your strength back soon.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…