• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
R_N
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Is it your idea of a cruel, sick joke to make your avatar completely blend in the default SPPF background?
    R_N
    R_N
    when the forum had to revert several days it killed my avatar and i just never replaced it
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    It is kind of funny though. Sometimes, I just don't know if you're here or not.
    R_N
    R_N
    im a ghost
    Did you watch the Splatoon 3 direct?

What is your take on it?
    R_N
    R_N
    I did. Looks fine. The new idols are cool.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Yeah, I liked it quite a bit. I'm pretty excited for another release.
    I agree with you on the idols. People are singing their praises on Big Man, but I like Shiver a bit more personally.
    How far did you get in Legends Arceus if you have it?
    R_N
    R_N
    I captured Arceus and completed the dex entries to level 10 last week
    Since I asked you about the Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC with each passing one, I almost want to ask you to rank them at your convenience.

I guess for me (most liked to least liked)

Hero, Piranha Plant, Sephiroth, Pyra/Mythra, Sora, Joker, Byleth, Min Min, Banjo-Kazooie, Kazuya, Steve, Terry

This isn't meant to exact, but it's about accurate.
    R_N
    R_N
    Sephiroth (shockingly?!)
    Min Min
    Piranha Plant
    Pyra/Mythra
    Terry
    Banjo & Kazooie
    Sora
    Kazuya
    Hero
    Joker
    Byleth
    Steve

Roughly something like this, accounting for how much I liked seeing them, interested in them and playing them.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Funny how three of both our top four are the same.
    Do you have Pokemon BD or SP, or did you decide against buying them for right now?
    R_N
    R_N
    I'd have to do battle tower runs for that i think, so i dont have one right now.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    There is a random one on Rt 228, but yeah, to get a spare, you would have to do the tower.

If you managed to get that far, would you consider giving either me or BC one?
    I'm sure one of us could give you something for it.
    R_N
    R_N
    If I grab some spares I will yeah.
    Did anything from that Animal Crossing Update interest you (even if you don't pick the game back up)?
    R_N
    R_N
    There's some nice things in there (the shop island is good, for example) but it's not enough, yeah.
    How are you feeling towards Sora?
    R_N
    R_N
    Crazy that he got in
    I think in terms of gameplay he looks boring and if it werent Sora no one would care about it
    Hey, I don't think I told you, but I got infected with Covid last week, but I feel better this week.
    I shouldn't be contagious, and I did take my vaccine prior.
    R_N
    R_N
    That's unfortunate! Shame you rolled the bad die post-vaccine, but hopefully it helped make it pass pretty quick without too terrible a side effect.
    Yay, another Pokemon animated series featuring game lore.

And hey, I get the Zinnia episode I always wanted.
    Did the Pokemon Presents change your opinions on either main series game when you watched it?
    R_N
    R_N
    Actually my biggest thought about them was "These should have also been in BDSP......."
    New characters are okay.
    R_N
    R_N
    Over all I am more willing to give LA a shot than I was prior, but I really need to see more of the average gameplay loop
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Thank you for replying, though I may ask you via conversation next time so I don't have a huge number on notifications, ha.

I get a Monster Hunter: Rise vibe more than a BotW vibe from Legends: Arceus.
    I haven't played a lot of traditional Monster Hunter, but I figure you have a base camp, and then you set off in a mostly open-world to see what you can tackle.
    What do you think of the new regional forms and Pokemon?
    R_N
    R_N
    They look cool. Stantler & Basculin both could use evolutions, so that's nice.

I still hate that regional evolutions are just that: regional. It's stupid & limiting.
    I heard an argument from a Source Gaming discussion that the last fighter in the fighters pass will likely be from a Japanese company.
    This is because if they had two fighters left, they probably would show the W3P (Western Third Party) at E3 with a more Western audience.

Is this something you agree with?
    R_N
    R_N
    Honestly I don't think Nintendo particularly cares...the character will get views on it no matter what. People are too focused on the Hero/Banjo thing; Steve was shown on his own
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    There were theories that Steve might have been shown off at E3 2020 had there been one.
    R_N
    R_N
    A theory I don't think pans out, especially when Sephiroth was meant to be shown at the VGAs. I think these appearences were all planned out as-is
    You said you didn't like Hero for the Command Selection, but what do you think about Hero as far as Dragon Quest being represented in the game?

Also, would you like Hero if he just had a general Down Special (i.e. no command selection)?
    R_N
    R_N
    It's a real "arson, murder, jaywalking" situation but it's so funny to me that he is not ONLY a massive racist homophobe war crime denier but he's so stingy and overprotective of his music. They got to use an orchestral version of the theme in the Hero trailer but ONLY got to use the terrible midis with no remixes by anyone in the game.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    This reminds me of something else, they actually had a different composer for Dragon Quest Swords, which James Turner of Pokemon fame worked on.
    The composer was the first MegaMan composer if memory serves. Sugiyama is only credited for the basic themes that get in every DQ title.
    R_N
    R_N
    Correct, there's a separate stable of "spinoff" music that can be played mostly anywhere and with any quality. I believe there's even been instances where Sugiyama music ~wasnt allowed~ outside of Japan so they used that music instead.
    Oh silly me, I forgot to ask.

What is your opinion on Kazuya in Smash?
    R_N
    R_N
    Neutral.
    I've always said I'm just kinda done with 3rd parties but he's not someone I hate and not someone I love. I respect that we got Kazuya instead of Heihachi, who would have been by far the most boring option. And I like him better than Jin just because "protagonist turned villain" is a fun twist. The suit is nice, the devil options are nice?

I just wanted the other character to be revealed too.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    One thing I can say about Kazuya is that he's a good mix between traditional martial arts and supernatural powers, which puts him in a unique category. Ryu, Ken and Terry have some energy blast moves, but they don't make up a big portion of their moveset.

I agree with you on the last bit. I get tired of the "It can be everybody" type discussion where people come up with lofty ideas for characters.
    Did you ever quit ACNH? I know you were entertaining dropping it in March if there wasn't a major content update.
    Since there really hasn't been one, I sort of assumed you are probably not playing it anymore.
    If you are indeed not playing it, do you still have it around in case we get a Welcome Amiibo sized update?
    R_N
    R_N
    Ah yeah I dropped it back then, when I couldn't get the Hello Kitty cards and just bottomed out on my patience with the game.
    I bought it digitally so I'll always keep it around. A welcome amiibo sized update would be nice but honestly by this point I probably am just done in general; it's hard to get back to the swing of things.
    R_N
    R_N
    That said at this point I just don't know if they're even going to bother with major updates moving forward. Roost, vegetables, cooking...I don't know if we'll ever see it.
    To put another way, I think it'd have to be WAY more than Welcome Amiibo
    I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted on Smash speculation.

It feels like people are trying to suck out the fun of the actual surprises.

Plus you have the endless Crash speculation that gets old.
    R_N
    R_N
    I agree with you. It's been like 4 consectuive years of smash specultionat. I'm so done! I hope e3 reveals the last 2 and were just done with it.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    To further elaborate, I don't mind speculation so much when we are thinking about who is likely to get in, but it devolves into who we want to get in.
    You have no problem in being honest, what do you think of BD/SP and Legends: Arceus?
    R_N
    R_N
    BDSP: its....fine. I think it being SUCH a literal remake is...ehhh....we'll see I guess. It's weird this is outsourced.
    Legends Arceus: Well I hated it at first when I thought it was open world but they keep saying "action adventure with rpg elements" so maybe it wont be. I dont think sneaking around is really needed though.... Should have been outsourced, gamefreak has earned no trust here.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Generic response, but I guess we'll see how Legends news develops .
    There may be announcements that further clue us in on this very different game.
    Obligatory, what did you think of the new Smash Reveal?
    R_N
    R_N
    I've never played XB2 and have always thought their designs were just...hideous and awful. But the smash redesigns are nice, I am always down for more Nintendo characters, its wild that its actually 2 characters (I thought it would be like the same character, but a few tweaks; basically a fancier stance changing) and its very funny that it's not Rex using pyra/mythra
    R_N
    R_N
    Around release Sakurai was saying how, yeah, due to the timing of release vs the timing of the project plan Springman & Rex just missed out.
    And then in Fighter Pass 2 we get an ARMS character and a XB2 character and we got Minmin and Pyra/Mythra
    I haven't sent you a message this year. Man, I need to bug you more.

To start off, what do you think of the chances of a "Tales of" character in Smash?
    R_N
    R_N
    I think a Tales character is always on the table in some fashion. It's a relatively good selling & popular series, there's been several notable Tales games on various nintendo consoles, i'm sure there's some nonsense they can do for a play gimmick.

it's also kind of interesting there's just...not been another Namco character since Pac-Man. Maybe Nintendo doesnt see that as a well to keep going to, for some reason.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…