• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
bobjr
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Did you see that Shaun video about Kellie Jay Keen?
    bobjr
    bobjr
    Yeah, I saw it a few days after it came out. I know he does a lot of work making sure everything is clear and documented, both him and Hbomb deal a lot with people arguing things that the video doesn't even say.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    One thing I like about Shaun is that even if it's the person he's criticizing, he doesn't like to spread misinfo, and he will use the right context to their words.
    You know, I've heard that FE: Engage's hard is harder than 3H's, but at the same time, I heard the DLC can make it easier.
    As someone who plans to do the DLC in a hard playthrough, maybe I'll go through with that idea.
    bobjr
    bobjr
    I think 3H just has easier ways to cheese maps, along with smaller maps to warp kill bosses. Engage they worked around some of that
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Don't think I ever really cheesed maps with Three Houses. I just found the difficulty manageable.
    I still want to keep my normal playthrough because I've grown somewhat attached to it.
    That being said, I want to create a hard playthrough and strategically make my way through both the story and DLC.
    You were telling me earlier about how Fire Emblem can have a Normal that doesn't feel hard enough, and a Hard that feels a tad too difficult.

I kind of wish certain FE games had a Medium Hard mode. This mode would be less generous than Normal, but not as butt kicking as Hard.
    bobjr
    bobjr
    Yeah, I've seen a few games do that recently and it's usually best for returning players who don't want to immediately do hard mode.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I did Three Houses main campaign on Hard, but DLC on Normal, which felt like the right move on both.

For Engage, I decided to do Normal (partially to do an experiment), and because I heard that Hard was a bit, Hard.
    Did you watch that 2 hour HBomberGuy video about the "oof" sound you hear in Roblox?
    bobjr
    bobjr
    Yeah, I do like how he had one idea and turned it into a better video idea
    Have you played any Dragon Quest games?
    bobjr
    bobjr
    It’s one of those series I always mean to play but never do. Like a lot of RPGs really
    Did you ever play Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

Despite the gripes people have with it, it really clicks with me.
    I love having the blades do different tasks both in battle and in the overworld.

I feel like this will be what the "7th party member" will essentially be like in Xeno3.
    bobjr
    bobjr
    No, I played the first but never got to the second. Long RPGs I do have a thing where I don't start them but like them.

But I'm also playing Red Dead Redemption 2 which is also a long game.
    I wanted to check by and see how you were doing.

If I may ask, what's your favorite 3d Zelda title?
    bobjr
    bobjr
    There’s definitely tedium in old Metal Gear games. The original 1 and 2 have stuff that might as well be a joke on the player.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    One thing I should mention about MGS3D is that you can hunch over and walk around (I believe this was a thing in Peace Walker), which is sort of a compromise to normal walking while exposed and crawling around inefficiently.
    bobjr
    bobjr
    Peace Walker is weird because it’s basically MGS 5 in all but name, but it’s treated as a side game
    What is your opinion on Fire Emblem Tharcia: 776: at least from what you heard/played?

I don't know much about the game.
    However, it does seem weird to me that we have a midquel with a presumption on how certain events in the first game went (like marriages).
    bobjr
    bobjr
    It’s difficult but in a way where you can also break the game yourself, and has a bunch of unique things for the series id like to see come back in some way.

But that’s a problem with any game that gives you options like that. Roy could marry 6 women in his game but they go with Lilina officially more often than anything else
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I was mentioning this in the sense that Tharcia 776 operates with assumptions with Genealogy Part I. Fire Emblem Binding Blade doesn't have a follow up, and I think for the most part, Blazing Sword doesn't have a specific set up with it's pairings for Binding Blade to work.

Though I heard that both Tharcia 776 and Blazing Sword retcon a few things from their predecessors, but I cannot hold testimony to that.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    But maybe Tharcia doesn't do that. After all, Lief's parents don't change in Part I from what I gathered. I guess I don't really know to be honest.
    Hi! Nice to see old members still around! I don't remember if we ever chatted, but it's still nice to know I'm not the only old member still around. Btw, did 95% of all the old mods and admins leave or did they just change their names? I only recognize Ellie, Coronis and Kirby (and Serebii of course). (one question, should be okay, right? ;) )
    bobjr
    bobjr
    I’m sure name changes happened but things did change a little, especially from chat type stuff moving to discord
    How are you doing?

I have to do a presentation in hopes I get hired by a community college. I have to present a topic on aerobic respiration.

I'm also playing Fire Emblem Three Houses. I'm playing it on Hard, and I already get stressed out trying to plan stuff out.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    F-Zero GX was like that for me. Man did I feel powerful after finally beating all chapters in story mode in all difficulties. You had to do it that way to unlock all the characters (unless you found an AX machine, and well, good luck on that).
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Fire Emblem is more stressful because I don't want bad decisions to cost me something throughout the rest of the game. I picked Hard because that seemed to be the more appropriate difficulty level (although I did the DLC on Normal).
    bobjr
    bobjr
    New Fire Emblem has this weird thing where normal can feel too easy and hard can sometimes feel too hard.
    I have this bad tendency to not add the word "not" to sentences.

This landed me in trouble here where I said something like "There is just one type of gay person", when I meant "There is not just one type of gay person".

I'm glad people online give you the chance to explain yourself before you double down, lol!
    bobjr
    bobjr
    I have kind of an opposite problem where I’ll list something twice if I’m writing a big thing, so I have to delete it so I don’t sound redundant
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    One of my other problems when I type is that I will sometimes type what I hear in the background as it interrrupts my thinking.

Sometimes I listen to VG music on headphones just so I don't hear background noise.
    Hey, I was going to just let you know that my last surviving grandfather was likely going to pass away.

It's a sad moment right now for the family.
    bobjr
    bobjr
    I'm sorry to hear that, it's always rough in that situation for sure, and any family planning around it often just adds more stress.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    My grandfather has since passed away.
    I decided to take a break on Pokemon: Shining Pearl in order to play some of Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Can't believe the game came out two years ago. It feels longer than that, actually.
    Do you dislike It Takes Two, or are you more bewildered that it was in the Family category?

I know in an earlier back-and-forth we've had, you said you replace it if you had the chance, but do you dislike the game, or don't think it was GotY material?
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    This reminds me of seeing a random tweet of someone getting mad at that Family Guy skit of Peter being Bojack Horseman.
    I know FG has some problematic jokes, but that shouldn't even be on the radar.

But yeah, I get what you're saying. It's like when people say animation isn't a genre. You can tell various stories with the same kind of medium.
    bobjr
    bobjr
    Bojack is a show I have a lot to say on, but it did have this weird initial backlash that it did look like a kids show, instead of going for a more unique visual style.

It’s funny because Tuca and Bertie is the one that feels like an adult nicktoon, but in a good way
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I've heard good things about both shows. For Bojack Horseman, I heard that the show delves into the mental psyche with topics like depression, while Tuca and Bertie has earnest discussions about the lives of women and what they go through.

I don't watch a lot of television. The furry show I stuck to was Beastars.
    I like Gohin, the panda voiced by Keith Silverstein who is all like "Shut the hell up!".
    I have a question about posting on the forums?

I know double posting is often discouraged, but if it's been about a month and you had something new to add to the discussion even though you were the last person to post, is it acceptable? I wanted to post in the Smash Bros. thread regarding the latest patch (being the final character balance patch).
    bobjr
    bobjr
    If it's been some time it's more accepted. The main problem was when post count was more of a thing and people would spam to increase it.
    Is Cyberpunk 2077 RPG enough to be an RPG?

I need to know this, so I can justify my anger.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I do feel like there were better contenders at least. I haven't played them but I heard good things about games like NEO:TWEWY for example.

Just feels odd to put it in a category.

I also remember that one woman who got bogged down my angry gamers because she gave it a lower review score.
    bobjr
    bobjr
    If I could replace It Takes Two that would be the slot, but they did make it hard to complain about great games that were more genre defining rather than expanding on the genre.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I feel like there are different games that fill different "genre molds". Some follow the genre formula to a T, some expand the genre, and some define its own genre. Dragon Quest is a good example of the first one. It doesn't do anything that new and is rather trope-y, but it does it's part well. I'm curious about this "Dragon Quest for adults" that DQXII is supposed to be, but XI followed the formula closely.
    Not everyone at Gamefaqs was a total nimrod, but going through some of the threads that would get nuked here in an instant makes me not really miss it.

I got rid of my account there during the BBND days.
    bobjr
    bobjr
    My favorite is the guy who wrote a Persona 2 guide then because of the religious references and becoming a born again Christian openly denounced it.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I asked my friend, who had an account there, and he might have remembered that.
    bobjr
    bobjr
    I'm still shocked Persona/SMT made it over here without heavy censorship, especially the latter.
    I'm starting to get those post Covid symptoms.

It hasn't been very fun. Hopefully, I'll live when the last Smash fighter is released, lol.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…