• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
G
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey, thanks for the rate on my first fan fiction. I am intending on keeping the Tropius, haha. I saw you mentioned "Show don't tell" a lot, which I've been reading about all over websites. I intend to try and use it a lot more in my writing. If you don't mind, I'd just like to ask a few quesitons.

In my new version of the story, I'm trying to think of ways for Cody to obtain a Tropius. My first thoughts were the bog standard from a professor, but I'd like to take a different route. Possibly something along the lines of..It was his family pet and he took it on an adventure with him or something. I'm not sure, though. Do you have any suggestions?

Second question, can you describe some more of what you meant by "Show, don't tell?"

And the last question I have for you, what advice do you have for re-reading through work?

Oh, an extra: Do you have a fan fiction I can read?

Thanks for you time, and sorry about all these spaces. They're just the way I like to do things, space them out.
    The ghost type lovers group is holding a special halloween event now so check
    out the 'event' thread in the group if you want to see/participate in it...
    Just informing you that the Ghost Lovers Group is now holding its first tournament.
    First prize is a shiny Darkrai, Second is Shiny Sableye and Third is shiny Shuppet.
    Only 20 are being accepted, so post your FC in the tournament thread if you want to reserve a spot.
    Welcome to the Ghost type lovers group Giratina! By the way the ghost type lovers group is holding a contest for group mascot. Were currently in the nomination round. You can nominate a pokemon by sending me a PM or VM. If you want more information you can check out the rules in the group mascot thread in the group.
    ----------
    ...I just noticed I've been misreading your username. > .>

Anyway, it sounds like a general comedy story. Let me tell you, comedy stories are hard to write - mine only got to about ten chapters (and even then, most of the plot was formulated by random posters on the comments section of the FFNet interface) on a lot of Coca-Cola and other caffeinated drinks. I then pushed it to the back of my mind to pick up again next January. They aren't easy. But it sounds like there's good potential in this - maybe Super Croconaw would go trekking through a lot of (made-up, we don't want to insult people's stories blatantly) 'worlds' involving characters from a (also made-up) 'badfic'. There could be someone wreaking havoc on the Fanfictionly Junkheap and releasing all of the bad characters and Supercroc has to stop them or... something. xD Anyway, if it's entirely comedy with not much placed in the plot department, it probably won't get very far as a chaptered story. But if it's a tale that just so happens to be excessively lighthearted...
    ----------
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Exactly.

Are we, like, on the same wavelength or something?

Wait, how have you been misreading it? What did you think it was?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…