• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
O
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Did you pick Sword or Shield, or both?

Which one do you have the expansion pass for?
    O
    oarfish
    Yeah, that sounds fun.
    Let me know when that happens.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Regardless, I might have you in a group of people to do Dynamax Adventures with if the opposing legendary proves to be difficult.

In these situations, I may give you a message giving you the code for the DA.
    O
    oarfish
    Sounds cool.
    Hello.

I've been playing Final Fantasy VII.

I might actually start a Pokemon Sword file and just take a plunge and buy that version's DLC.

The reason I'm doing this is because I want a copy of Zacian, Single Strike Urshifu, Regieleki, and Glastier.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I should mention for context.
    I bought the Sword and Shield double pack and gave my friend Sword. He only really plays it during his visits at my house, so we decided that I could borrow the game.
    The DLC is the only price barrier, but my friend helped allievate the cost a bit (he's very nice).
    O
    oarfish
    Well, that sounds like a great friend.
    I mean, I have no issues with my finances, so I'd be fine paying for it also. I'm not trying to convince you not to pay more. You have made some good points, and you should do what you want.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I beat the first gym, and I'm currently breeding Timid Eevee.

One more to have a viable Jolteon.

I also did a lot of Isle of Armor activities.
    Do you buy the Smash Fighter Passes?
    O
    oarfish
    I really enjoy using Piranha Plant. It's so versatile, and it fits my playstyle pretty closely.
    I also really like Byleth. I find the many options he/she have are fun to use.
    I guess I like the versatile fighters especially due to how I can play them differently depending on who my opponents are.
    I like all the DLC fighters quite a lot, as I've said.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Piranha Plant might be my best fighter. Ptooie is such a good move.
    O
    oarfish
    Yeah, it's so great. I use it all the time.
    X-Box, Red Cherries, Jingle Bells, Magic Cheese

Sephiroth
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    It wasn't offensive, so don't worry about that.

Sephiroth is the antagonist of FInal Fantasy VII (the same game Cloud is in). There is an infamous "Luke, I am your father" spoiler associated with Sephiroth.

The final boss theme is the one I'm referring to. The Latin lyrics start up past the minute mark.
    O
    oarfish
    hmmm...
    I listened to about 2 minutes of that. I don't really care for that flute playing. It reminds me of this infuriatingly irritating Grubhub commercials.
    Also, part of the lyrics sound like "eggs on my knees" lmao.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    If you wanted a guitar motif to the song.

You know, there's this one microgame in Wario Ware Gold that has you draw Kanji.
    I found it so difficult, so I looked up how you do every Kanji character that the game will throw at you.
    O
    oarfish
    I don't even know what Kanji are lmao.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    They are those complicated Japanese characters. Not to be confused with the simpler ones.

They stand for certain words, like river or moon.
    O
    oarfish
    Oh, those.
    I don't know much about Asian written languages.
    Finally got Pikmin 3 Deluxe. I might play that soon.

Random question, but have you ever attempted a Dragon Quest game?
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    7 has this very weird go back to the past and get something in the futre mechanic. It is also long.
    8 is just a very competent RPG. It's a favorite among some.
    9 is a DS only experience with customization features out the wazoo.
    10 is an MMORPG not released in the West.
    11 (S) is a very good game with many likable characters.

I've played parts of 7, 8, and 11 S.
    O
    oarfish
    Those sound cool for the most part.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Fun fact, Dragon Quest Swords also exists with the original Mega Man composer doing the music and James Turner (of Pokemon fame) doing the artwork.
    Enjoying the Crown Tundra yet?

I did the Galarian bird and Regi quest.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I'm picking Spectrier as well. They are both pretty cool, but Spectrier wins because I would rather have Calyrex use special moves.
    Plus, it's a night mare, get it?
    O
    oarfish
    lmao, nice pun.
    I agree about Calyrex and special moves also.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I caught the Calyrex combo with a Gentle Calyrex and a Hasty Spectier, and I was like, close enough.

Regice was a good Pokemon for this because it can use Zap Cannon for paralysis, plus it has 200 base Sp. Defense, and can use Amnesia.
    Between Steve, Crown Tundra, and Pikmin 3 Deluxe, October is going to be a good time.
    O
    oarfish
    I thought about choosing Wind Waker HD. It was between that and Pikmin 3 for me.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Wind Waker HD was really good. You can't go wrong with either version, but WWHD looks fantastic.
    I didn't like that they replaced the Tingle Tuner with a nearly pointless Tingle Bottle, but that's my only complaint.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Twilight Princess HD is another good remake that I don't think gets enough credit.
    Some of the changes they did add were pretty meaningful. Namely, they tell you how many Poes you have left in each location.
    The domesticated fox experiment was something I first read in a Nat Geo, but I found this book that goes into further details. I read the beginning of the book, and apparently, the experiment was set up in 1952 back when Stalin was still in power, and genetics was a heavily discouraged field of science. They got around this by making it appear as if they were doing the study to produce more fox furs.
    O
    oarfish
    Yeah that certainly sounds like Stalin. Glad he was within like 2 years of death at that point.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    A great deal of it was because Stalin had a puppet scientist who was essentially a fraud. Any understanding of genetics would have proven him wrong.
    O
    oarfish
    Yeah, Stalin had lots of scientists do what he wanted. He'd just send them to the gulags otherwise.
    Hello. Have you been doing anything recently?
    O
    oarfish
    In video game news, I've pre-ordered Mario 3D All-Stars. I have Paper Mario: The Origami King, and I'm planning on getting SM3DW for Switch, and maybe Pikmin 3 Deluxe (I had Pikmin 3 for Wii U, but I never played it - I got it from the MK8 free extra game promotion, and I chose that for my free game).
    O
    oarfish
    To be clear, the books from Amazon are not for my college classes. They are for my personal enjoyment. I also had to split up these messages because of word limit.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I'm planning on getting Pikmin 3 Deluxe even though I have the Wii U version since they added some worthwhile features. I kind of what to replace whatever Wii U games I have with Switch games, but that can be a bit pricey. I recently got a book about the Siberian experiment that sought to breed tame foxes, and from the looks of it, I think I'll enjoy that book.
    It's been a while, hasn't it?
    O
    oarfish
    Yes, it has. How have you been?
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Doing fine, looking forward to Pokemon DLC, and can't wait to play as Byleth in Smash.
    O
    oarfish
    I agree with you there. I am excited for the DLC, partly because some of my more used Pokémon have already been confirmed to be returning.
    I am also looking forward to Byleth.
    Would you like to do a Corviknight Raid sometime today?

Edit: I might have screwed this up by catching a Centiskorch, I'll let you know if I can still do it.
    I tried a few times to get good stats for Zamazenta. I decided to keep one that was Adamant, but unforuntately, it's stuck with a 10/11 Defense IV. Not the worse, but it isn't that great.

Some of my previous attempts left me with Quiet nature, low Attack, those type of things.
    O
    oarfish
    Yeah, I understand that. Something always is missing.
    I tend not to do that sort of thing for legendaries unless I plan on using them in battles.
    I finally have a way for repaying you.

I happened to find another Centiskorch raid last night.

So, would you like a Gigantimax Centiskorch from me?
    Anything you would like from me? I got slightly past the fourth gym.

BTW, did you decide on Sword or Shield?
    O
    oarfish
    I chose Shield for my main game. I am saving Sword for Christmas. You?
    I suppose you are taking your time and enjoying the main game. Nice. I'm not sure what you can get (besides perhaps some items like Tart / Sweet Apples. I can never have too many of those just in case).
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    I actually picked Shield. I was going to go with Sword, but the exclusives made me change my mind at the last minute. I got both, but my friend is using Sword right now.
    O
    oarfish
    Cool. I considered Sword, but I prefer the Shield exclusives also.
    If you have any Pokemon in the early to mid thirties, would you help me catch a Centiskorch in a Raid?
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Luckily, I had a Net Ball to use.

I'm only slightly past the third gym. I'm very slow at these games as I like to think about what I want to do, and I'm not playing all the time.
    O
    oarfish
    …Why didn't I use a special ball instead of an ultra ball?
    Yeah, I beat the main game two days ago. My Inteleon is level 81, so that's probably why is took like 1/3 health from max-growth and beat centiskorch so easily.
    Auraninja
    Auraninja
    Sorry you didn't get the Gigantimax form that you wanted. Perhaps there will be another way I can repay the favor you did for me.

BTW, I could trade one of my fossils for one of yours if you so wanted.
    I can't wait to get Sword/Shield.

I actually got the dual pack and my friend will play the version I don't immediately pick up.
    O
    oarfish
    Nice. I plan on picking up Shield from gamestop that morning and saving Sword for later. I think I prefer Shield from what is known between the games.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…