• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
E
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey, I wanted to know your thoughts about Serena in ep105 and how she was handled. I always liked reading your analysis even when I fundamentally disagreed with some of them and I was wondering what your thoughts were about the episode in particular!
    E
    Epicocity
    I generally find JN's animation flat with weak cinematography and a lack of impact compared to a lot of past series. More accurately, I think they exchanged animation impact for animation fluidity without realizing fluidity without impact is just as bad as having no animation.
    E
    Epicocity
    Again, my personal preference. I'm happy with a less technically better animated show if it means I feel every event through dynamic angles and shots.
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    tbh the issue is also that JN's animation itself isn't really that fluid either. It just feels like the worst of both worlds
    I recall that we had a debate about Ash's character some time back and I recall you being much more open and positive about how he has been treated this season. Has that assessment still held?
    E
    Epicocity
    Character-wise, I still think he's fine. There are some quibbles I have, mainly Tomiyasu's tendency to start treating Ash as someone who shuts down and can't make decisions internally when the odds are stacked against him, but by and large, I think his character is perfectly fine. He feels like Ash, much like BW Ash, for everything there, still felt like Ash.
    E
    Epicocity
    His handling? Another issue entirely, since he gets no focus and feels like a side character. Which, while I like Gou, and he's definitely co-star so I'm okay with his role, it's clear they have no idea what to do with Ash and Tomiyasu shows he also doesn't care to handle it back in SM, so they push him to the side except when they need to.
    E
    Epicocity
    Add to that the horrible misbalance of the team and yeah, Ash has some issues. Just not as a character.
    Have you seen the most recent pokemon episode? I'm sure you'd have an interesting take on it
    E
    Epicocity
    I have seen it, but I find I don't comment on most episode threads.

It was an okay episode that was enjoyable to watch but hampered by foreseeable production problems (namely animation and Hayashi's score) and displayed the upper bounds of the episodic nature the series has taken.
    About your reply from the Ash's need thread. Yes, I'm unsatisfied and I was annoyed about the issues. My Serena fan project was the perfect solution to get over these issues, since I really got what I wanted from her and there's no way the writers would do something on that scale. And it's not only a Serena issue, but the whole status quo issue where Ash got to do much more than the companions.
    E
    Epicocity
    Except...what you expected wasn't even in line with what the show was close to presenting. That's what baffles me. That you expected something that was never in the cards for the show and somehow feel it needs to be "punished" for being that, in a sense.
    E
    Epicocity
    It feels more, ultimately, that you wrote your own story and instead of trying to accept what the writers wanted to tell, when it didn't match your vision, it was considered as worthless, which is a poor frame of mind for any storyteller.
    AznKei
    AznKei
    Well, go ahead baffle more if you must, I don't care. You're not going to change my mind that I don't like Ash & the show status quo and I would have stopped arguing more and get over with if you guys aren't there to influence me to have your ways for the sake of your favoritisms, which is something I don't take it lightly. That being said, we're done.
    Yo man, how is it going? How's the fanfiction biz going on? Or that new book you are working on?
    I was thinking of making my own fanfic about Amourshipping. Of my own telling of Pokemon XY
    could you make a fanfiction about Serena fighting agianst all the girl for Ash's love?
    I see that your final SatoSere-related fanfic is done (or almost done). What comes next for you? [SM is doing a bad job of entertaining me, alas.]
    Ah, a fellow SatoSere comrade. Greetings. I see you're a writer for (ostensibly) a living. What do you write about? [I have no interest in fan fiction, I'm sorry to say, but I've been a writer/editor ever since I wrapped up my undergrad.]
    I could, and the Pokemon company could be in existence so Yvonne could walk in on Ash playing X or Y version with his Kalos Team.
    Yeah, true, but it would be against the Au, I'll think about it.

Ooo! I'll go check it out sometime.
    Well the story is a crossover AU in the real world Toyko, but more characters will be showing up soon enough like Diantha, Cynthia, Lance, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor so that shouldn't be a problem. I have five reviews between my two chapters and over 100 views per so, I'm not doing so bad. My stories always seem to get some kind of attention, even if they are crossovers or something of the like. I like that story, I can't wait for the next chapter.

Yeah, I always found their relationship to be cute. Really? That sounds exciting, I'm looking forwards to it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…