• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

¤ tyranitar's sand stream wipped up a sandstorm ¤

DMFG

Aim for the horn!
Doom Desire means 2 dragondances then swapping to lucario or heatran...

I have no idea what you're talking about. Example situation:

- You bring in Jirachi on Weavile as he does.. well, anything really.
- Weavile switches out to... anything really, let's say DDMence, as you Doom Desire.
- You bring in your Mence counter (say bulky Gyarados with Ice Fang) as he Dragon Dances, as you seem to think that Doom Desire Jirachi is set up bait.

Oh look. Now he has to bring in his Gyara counter in, but he has to take a Choice Specs'd neutral effectiveness BP 120 attack in addition to any damage Gyarados deals, making it very possible that Gyara can beat his counter now.

In an instant you've turned defence into offence, have lost nothing by using Doom Desire, and have not given your opponent any room to set up except the one turn that always happens when you switch.

EDIT: I hope you do realise that Doom Desire still hits Heatran and Lucario neutral. I just ran the calcs and Lucario takes 78 - 91% damage from CS Doom Desire, whilst Heatran with no defensive EVs takes 48 - 56%. Not bad for an attack that only requires one turn to use and doesn't get STAB.

EDIT 2: Should have mentioned explicitly but bulky Gyara is a possible replacement for Clefable as it will deal with Mixape and special Lucarion.

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
But i don't think it will work too well in a sandstorm team is there anything else that can counter mixape that resist sandstorm and how is my new jirachi set do you think it is good or should i change it back?

DMFG

Aim for the horn!
New Jirachi set looks fine, most people use Reflect but Light Screen probably helps you more.

Gyara doesn't like Sandstorm no, and doubly so as you don't have a spinner (not that that would help much).

Other good options are defensive Starmie and Salamence.

Salamence can be very tough to take down with Roost or Wish, but is weak to SR, slower than Mixape and can be hit by Lucario's HP Ice.

Starmie meanwhile is nearly as tough but only takes neutral damage from SR. It's main problem is a worrying weakness to Pursuit meaning that CBTar or Weavile can quite easily come in on it (even on Surf) and assassinate it, leaving you wide open.

Alzi

Toon link
New Jirachi set looks fine, most people use Reflect but Light Screen probably helps you more.

Gyara doesn't like Sandstorm no, and doubly so as you don't have a spinner (not that that would help much).

Other good options are defensive Starmie and Salamence.

Salamence can be very tough to take down with Roost or Wish, but is weak to SR, slower than Mixape and can be hit by Lucario's HP Ice.

Starmie meanwhile is nearly as tough but only takes neutral damage from SR. It's main problem is a worrying weakness to Pursuit meaning that CBTar or Weavile can quite easily come in on it (even on Surf) and assassinate it, leaving you wide open.

Hmm would cradily help a little ?

Starmie seems good i might use that but i'm still thinking. Thanks for your suggestions. And most mixape's have hidden power ice as well.

Edit:Should i add in this Quagsire to help my team from mixape??
Quagsire@Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Relaxed 252 def / 252 hp / 6 sp.atk
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Yawn / Toxic

Can any one use a damage calculater and see if it can take hit's from a mixape and i might replace earthquake for stone edge to hit gyrados harder and i'm not too sure for the last move slot and i might put this over clefable..

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
Hmm would cradily help a little ?

Starmie seems good i might use that but i'm still thinking. Thanks for your suggestions. And most mixape's have hidden power ice as well.

Edit:Should i add in this Quagsire to help my team from mixape??
Quagsire@Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Relaxed 252 def / 252 hp / 6 sp.atk
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Yawn / Toxic

Can any one use a damage calculater and see if it can take hit's from a mixape and i might replace earthquake for stone edge to hit gyrados harder and i'm not too sure for the last move slot and i might put this over clefable..

Anyone??

I repeat would this help my team to mixape?

_Aerodactyl_

Skilled Trainer
Very good sandstorm team! Although I'd add in a Bronzong in replace of Gliscor ;) Since it can light screen for Skarmory ;) But all in all excellent team!

Alzi

Toon link
Not taking 137% minimum from LO'd Grass Knot it won't.

True..

Jirachi's zen headbutt's should hurt but then again it's faster and has things like close combat. I might just not worry about mixape since i don't see them around that often in teams. But should i still add Quagsire in?

And i need gliscor there to counter heracross.