• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

¤ tyranitar's sand stream wipped up a sandstorm ¤

Alzi

Toon link
¤ tyranitar's sand stream wipped up a sandstorm ¤

I decided to make a sandstorm team. I tried to make it a little different from every one else’s since they all look the same. Let’s just hope you can rate it :)

248.png

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Adamant 252 atk / 196 spd / 60 hp
-Pursuit
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Stone Edge

My Lead, Choice band so then it can hit things even harder. Stone Edge and crunch are there for stab and pursuit for any switches i can predict.

227.png

Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish 252 hp / 252 def / 6 spd
-Spikes
-Drill Peck
-Whirlwind
-Roost

My pysical wall and spiker. It becomes even more annoying since the sandstorm is on and whirlwind to blow away any thing that trys and get in my way.

395.png

Empoleon@Leftovers
Calm 252 sp.def / 252 hp / 6 sp.atk
-Stealth Rock
-Yawn
-Surf
-Ice Beam

My special wall. Yawn to force things to try and switch so they take damage from sandstorm, ice beam for dragons and surf for other things such as tyranitar. Stealth rock there to add a little more annoyence with spikes and sandstorm. Hmm i might replace this with swampert since i already got clefable who can calm mind and act as a special wall.

385.png

Jirachi@Leftovers
Trait: Serence Grace
Impish 56 atk / 240 hp / 136 spd / 76 def
-U-Turn
-Light Screen
-Wish
-Zen Headbutt

A support for my team wish + U-turn combo would work well and light screen to help my team from special attacks and zen headbutt to KO Heracross.

472.png

Gliscor@Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
Impish 6 atk / 252 hp / 252 def
-Roost
-Earthquake
-Knock Off
-Aerial Ace

Ok my team is very weak to heracross so i added this thing in. Knock off to help the team.

36.png

Clefable@Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
Bold 152 def / 252 hp / 104 sp.atk
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Calm Mind
-Softboiled

Well i heard it can be hazed, roared or whirlwinded away so i might replace this for a infernape counter and somthing that can take down lucario's.

I still think my team might be weak to fighting types so i just might add in garchomp but won't really know who to replace him with. And i might need a rapid spinner but i got clefable to help me since all i have to do is switch into a pokemon that i think is going to spike then magic guard won't allow them to do so. And also thanks to pokebeach for the pictures :)
All people's suggestions will be bolded.

Hope you like the team Rate Away
Alzi;251;

Last edited:

U DIE TONIGHT

don't be afraid
Lol what's with all the sandstorm teams lately? Unfortunately softboiled and magic guard on clefable are incompatible and thus illegal. Damn hey? Heracross may give your team problems, but then again it gives any sandstorm team problems. Nice team. :)

Alzi

Toon link
I thought that softboiled and magic guard on clefable was illegal aswell but it's not since i pm'ed some one on this forum called DarkSpectrum and he explained to me how to get softboiled on a magic guard clefable so it's not illegal. Yes heracross does give me problems hmm all those close combats and things like that but maybe Torterra can take care of him can't it?

U DIE TONIGHT

don't be afraid
I forget does ground resist bug? lol He won't like taking megahorns and hera is faster, so that ain't a counter. Can you really get softmagic clefable? If you could explain it to me i'd be grateful.

Alzi

Toon link
A bug type from heracross will only be 2x super effective since bug > grass and a bug type attack to gound is a normal attack. I'll just switch too clefable on bug type attacks and to Torterra on it's close combats since most of them run choice band or choice scarf. And dam i forgot to make a threat list -_- oh well not very good at those.

And to get a clefable with softboiled and the magic guard trait first you need to get a cleffairy get it too know softboiled then trade it to d/p then evolve it in d/p then it has a small chance of it's trait changing to a new one. Well it's somthing like that.

And are there any more suggestions?

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
CB Close Combat ohkos Tar/Clefable/Empoleon

2hkos. Jirachi/Torterra/Skarm

I think you have a problem.

I'll just switch too clefable on bug type attacks

Okay but Megahorn does about 80%. Why ruin you Clefable when you have Skarm, a 4x bug resist.

Torterra is too slow to sub-seed. Rock Slide or Stone Edge over it, or even Seed Bomb.

I shall give Empoleon 252 Speed and 252 Sp.att EV, a Modest/Timid nature and give him Agillity so he can sweep. Then give Stealth Rock to Torterra instead of Substitute.

Yeah that's pretty awful. Empoleon isn't a sweeper, and will never be fast enough. agility is a waste of time with it as Blissey is the number 1 switch in.

Alzi

Toon link
Ok should i add in garchomp to help my fighting weakness?

And maybe replace jirachi for a Giscor? Would that work a little better?

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
Gliscor would remove your rather huge Hera weak. Put it in, in place of either Torterra or Jirachi, although even Choice Specs Jirachi should carry Wish imo, just for the sake of helping the team.

Also Thunder's accuracy isn't lowered in sandstorm, only in sunlight. Thunderbolt's accuracy is never lowered by any weather condition.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Empoleon is not a wall

Torterra@Leftovers
Adamant

Earthquake
Wod Hammer
Stone Edge
Leech Seed

Tyrantar wants Dragon Dance with Life Orb, leftovers

If you add in Gliscor or Garchomp then

Gliscor@Leftovers
Jolly,Impish

Knock Off
Aerial Ace
Roost
Earthquake

Garchomp@Life Orb
Jolly

Dragon Claw/Stone Edge
Swords Dance
Fire Blast
Earthquake

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
Correct, if the opponent switches. The next turn you can choose a move again.

Doesn't work in the US/EUR versions. It only worked in the JPN version and won't work if you're using a JPN game vs a US/EUR game on Wi-Fi.

Not sure if they left it in on Shoddy though.

"L"

Pursuit isn't locked in by choice band if the opponent switch. That's why it works so goo with CB.

Only the Japanese ones have that, and the Advanced games. Aparantly it was taken out from all the current english games. Perhaps Nintendo thought it was one of the multitude of glitches DP had

Alzi

Toon link
Ok i'm going to replace torterra for a Gliscor to help my heracross problem and should i take out skarmory for a garchomp since gliscor already is helping the team by being a pysical wall and i'm going to put wish on jirachi as nooblet suggested.

Thanks for all your help every one.

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
bump

ZOMG YOU BUMPED YOUR THREAD!

Yes i know that but can any one help me. I replaced torterra for gliscor to help my hera problem and should i put in a garchomp in there or is it all fine?

DMFG

Aim for the horn!
Tyranitar@Choice Band
Adamant 252 atk / 196 spd / 60 hp
-Pursuit
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Stone Edge

I prefer to hit at least 210 speed myself but Marowak is hardly ever seen now so this works I guess

Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish 252 hp / 252 def / 6 spd
-Spikes
-Drill Peck
-Whirlwind
-Roost

why not

Empoleon@Leftovers
Calm 252 sp.def / 252 hp / 6 sp.atk
-Stealth Rock
-Grass Knot
-Surf
-Ice Beam

I'm not convinced by GK as it is literally only for Swampert and even then it only does about 68 - 79%, which means you might not even KO it before it hits you for about that much with EQ.

Seeing as this thing can't counter Swampert, and Swampert would not really want to come in on you, GK is basically just a waste of a moveslot 99% of the time. Put something else over it like Yawn or Roar

Jirachi@Choice Specs
Trait: Serence Grace
Timid 252 sp.atk / 164 spd / 92 hp
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Wish
-Hidden Power [Fighting]

I'm not so keen on a Specs user with 100 base Sp Atk, 100 base speed and not a single STAB move.

I'm very much against Wish - as soon as your opp realises you're choice item'd you basically give them a free turn every single time you use it. They know what your injured pokes are, they know you have to switch and that just gives them free predicts. You don't have the option of staying in and attacking because you're stuck on wish, so they can't lose here. If they predict correctly as you go to your wounded poke it could die AND your Wish would be wasted.

Or you could switch to a healthy poke, in which case although their predict probably was wasted, so was the turn you spent Wishing.

This isn't Wish Jirachi, who has gazillions of options - if faster he can stay in after the Wish and try to flinch with Zen Headbutt, or U-turn out to preserve his own HP, and if slower he can tank their hit, he can U-turn out to guaranteed heal the next poke, or switch out to preserve his own HP and heal the next poke. Meanwhile Specs Jirachi has only one option - switch out, and when you have only one option your opponent will predict it every single time.

I like Doom Desire on Specs Jirachi. It still doesn't get STAB, you still have to switch after using it, but when you use it and go to T-tar your opp suddenly has the problem that when they go to Swampert, they're going to take 44 - 52% from Doom Desire on top of T-tar's attack (for example).

Psychic is also a nice option for general STAB and OHKOing Hera, though he won't like switching in on anything really

Gliscor@Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
Impish 6 atk / 252 hp / 252 def
-Roost
-Earthquake
-Knock Off
-Aerial Ace

yeah

Clefable@Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
Bold 152 def / 252 hp / 104 sp.atk
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Calm Mind
-Softboiled

From Smogon's research thread:

Magic Guard - Magic Guard ...(snip)... also does NOT block Roar\Whirlwind.

It wouldn't be a good poke even if it did block phazing so I don't think you missed out too much.

I still think my team might be weak to fighting types so i just might add in garchomp but won't really know who to replace him with. And i might need a rapid spinner but i got clefable to help me since all i have to do is switch into a pokemon that i think is going to spike then magic guard won't allow them to do so. And also thanks to pokebeach for the pictures :)

I think you need to research what Clefable's ability actually does before you base your strategy around it

All people's suggestions will be bolded.

Hope you like the team Rate Away
Alzi;251;[/size]

I don't think Clefable accomplishes anything at all on your team. He can't take physical nor special hits that well (with your EVs he takes physical hits only as well as Blissey), nor can he sweep easily with such low speed, no paralysis support, no BP'd boosts.

Meanwhile like the majority of SS teams I've seen you are 6-0'd by Mixape and special Lucario (especially if Lucarion is not Choice Item'd or if you Knock Off its Specs/Scarf). You should probably do something about that.

Anyway I like the Specs Jirachi and I think it could be pretty effective with Doom Desire.

EDIT: Added a mini rant on why you shouldn't put Wish on Choice Jirachi.

Last edited:

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I don't think Clefable accomplishes anything at all on your team. He can't take physical nor special hits that well (with your EVs he takes physical hits only as well as Blissey), nor can he sweep easily with such low speed, no paralysis support, no BP'd boosts.

Meanwhile like the majority of SS teams I've seen you are 6-0'd by Mixape and special Lucario (especially if Lucarion is not Choice Item'd or if you Knock Off its Specs/Scarf). You should probably do something about that.

Anyway I like the Specs Jirachi and I think it could be pretty effective with Doom Desire.
EDIT: Added a mini rant on why you shouldn't put Wish on Choice Jirachi.

Doom Desire means 2 dragondances then swapping to lucario or heatran...

Alzi

Toon link
Hmm i might go with a support jirachi with the wish + U-turn combo and i might replace clefable for maybe a garchomp? Or a infernape counter does any one know a good counter for a infernape that will work well in a sandstorm team? I also gave empoleon yawn to make the foe switch out and get more sandstorm damage + spike an stealth rock damage. I changed my jirachi around alot i went with the wish + U-turn combo and gave it light screen to make infernape's damage lower to my team.

And thanks for suggestions.

Last edited: