• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~¤Life of a Legend: Ho-Oh¤~

lilbluecorsola

Binky-boo! <3
~¤Life of a Legend: Ho-Oh¤~

The world is dying.

I've been watching it, ever since the beginning of time and space itself.

These past few years, all I've seen is hatred and grief. People and Pokémon die, young and old, for pointless causes.

I've witnessed so much anger, so much heartbreak, so much woe... I wonder how it is possible that they've survived all this time.

"Because there is still love."

I slowly turn to gaze ruefully towards a pink furred cat, emerging into view from the darkness. She, in turn, looks back imploringly, sapphire eyes shimmering in the starlight.

I sigh and close my eyes. "I know, but so little."

I open them once again, and turn back towards the world. We both watch as slowly, the darkness that shrouds the sphere slowly wraps around the entire planet, engulfing the world in sorrow.

"Can't you see? There is too much hate, and not enough love. We cannot deny it any further. Perhaps it is better to end it all now, instead of prolonging their suffering."

At this point, she would stare at me furiously, trembling, as opal teardrops form at the corners of her eyes. She'd shriek, "No! We can't!” and then begin descending down to earth, bolting towards one of the few remaining patches of light.

I restrain her though, holding her back. Sobbing, she turns back to look at me, struggling against my mental grip.

"Let me go!" she screams, "They're still alive! They still have feelings! I can teach them! You told me I could! You promised me!"

I watch as she breaks down into tears, unsuccessfully attempting to escape my grasp. Gasping, she tries in vain over and over while her strength continues to diminish.

Then, suddenly, she falls silent whilst we both look towards the patch of earth she had been striving for. Horrified, she watches, tears no longer streaming, as the surface slowly becomes engulfed in shadow like everywhere else.

I release her, and she drifts slowly downwards to hover by my side. Head hanging, her blue eyes gaze off into empty space, fixed on nothing in particular.

"There's no more love."

The tone of her voice was difficult to understand. Half of the sentence was a statement, the other half a question.

I turn away from her grief-stricken face, and close my eyes.

"Perhaps. Perhaps not. I do not know."

After a moment of dejected silence, I spread my wings and begin my own descent down towards the planet. Surprisingly, my comrade does not follow.

I soar over the lands, surveying the chaos below. There is so much agony, desolation, fury, and rage.

But most important of all, there is too much pain.

They are suffering, I realize once again as I noticed the vast numbers in poverty. Cries of cold and hungry children reach my ears, and my heart pangs.

The Pokémon too, they suffer. The shots and anguished screams of distress from wounded creatures echo throughout my mind, and I watch as they're snatched from their nests to be sold by the cruel and heartless.

I drift lower, aware that my presence would strike terror into the hearts of the beings below, although by now I doubt that they even have hearts anymore.

Perhaps this will act as a warning to them, I think as I fly overhead, encountering despair wherever I go. Maybe this will remind them...

But I fear it is too late. I close my eyes and listen as the sound of bells ring in the distance, acknowledging my approach.

I land atop the tower, and gaze across the lands once more, seeing the misery that now surrounds the earth.

I'd made this, this world, in hopes of building a place where love prospers and prevails. Instead, it is filled with turmoil, spite, and gloom.

I close my eyes, but I can still hear their pain, and I feel it with them, experiencing the heartache. There's too much, I realize again for the final time. Just too much.

I'd created the world...

Should I now destroy it?

Ho-oh Lover

;250; ;250; ;250; !!!! Yay! Ho-oh!!! Wow, I must say that was really good, I have read your other ones too, they all seem sad in some way.... but I think it's great! I didn't notice any spelling or grammer errors though,..... yay ho-oh,

------ ;250;

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
I was wondering if you were gonna do like a sequel to Mew, only with Ho-oh. Woosh...again, very meaningful and deep. I found it better, and more question-answering than Mew was, and, like all of the others, depressing, and full of depth. COme to think of it, both this one and Mew remind me of LilyPichu's Finality.

~Chibi~;249;

billy5772

SENIOR
Once again you've done a very good job of portraying one of the Pokemon legends. That is a tough thing that HO-OH has to witness. I was just waiting for you to put in something lovely that HO-OH could witness that would make it not want to destroy the world. Like, when Mew was going to fly to earth, you could've had HO-OH say something like "find me one thing that is still lovely and I will spare this wretched planet" and then Mew would've found something really sweet and innocent and that would've appeased HO-OH. But as you have it now, there really was no reason for HO-OH to spare the world because the conflict was not resolved. Maybe you're setting up a sequel? Because I know that this is a sequel of the Life of a Legend: Mew.

Anyway, good job as always!

lilbluecorsola

Binky-boo! <3
Ho-oh Lover said:
;250; ;250; ;250; !!!! Yay! Ho-oh!!! Wow, I must say that was really good, I have read your other ones too, they all seem sad in some way.... but I think it's great! I didn't notice any spelling or grammer errors though,..... yay ho-oh,

------ ;250;

=) Thanks loff. They're supposed to be sad. The point is to make people realize what being a Legend is all about.

Thank you for reviewing! *lolly*

Chibi Pika said:
I was wondering if you were gonna do like a sequel to Mew, only with Ho-oh. Woosh...again, very meaningful and deep. I found it better, and more question-answering than Mew was, and, like all of the others, depressing, and full of depth.

Yay! Thank you very much Chibi Pika! (^.^) I'm really glad you liked it.

I think this one was really my most depressing. ={ When I was writing it, I started tearing up a bit, and every time I read the story it happens again. ;.;

Yes, Mew and Ho-Oh do seem to have a strange relationship in my stories, don't they? o_O;

Chibi Pika said:
COme to think of it, both this one and Mew remind me of LilyPichu's Finality.

*snaps fingers* That was the name of it! 8O

Yeah, Lileh's One-Shot was an inspiration for me. =) I suppose you could call this the prequel to "Finality". ^^;

Thank you for reviewing! *supa lolly*

billy5772 said:
Once again you've done a very good job of portraying one of the Pokemon legends. That is a tough thing that HO-OH has to witness. I was just waiting for you to put in something lovely that HO-OH could witness that would make it not want to destroy the world. Like, when Mew was going to fly to earth, you could've had HO-OH say something like "find me one thing that is still lovely and I will spare this wretched planet" and then Mew would've found something really sweet and innocent and that would've appeased HO-OH. But as you have it now, there really was no reason for HO-OH to spare the world because the conflict was not resolved. Maybe you're setting up a sequel? Because I know that this is a sequel of the Life of a Legend: Mew.

Anyway, good job as always!

=/ Yeah, but then the One-Shot wouldn't be as sad as I'd intended it to be. And, unfortunately, I fear this story will never have a happy ending due to my views about the world.

The world is dying. Think about all the chaos, war, and suffering out there. Is there really any love left?

*hums "Where is the Love?" by Black Eyed Peas*

And I think the sequel's already been written. =)

"Finality" by LilyPichu

Thanks a lot for reviewing! =D *supa lolly*

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
So, out of curiosity, what's the next one gonna be? :) Doing one of each of the three birds/dogs/golems would take forever and Groudon and Kyogre don't really fit the guardian image so I'm guessing either Latios or Latias, right?

~Chibi~;249;

lilbluecorsola

Binky-boo! <3
Chibi Pika said:
So, out of curiosity, what's the next one gonna be? :) Doing one of each of the three birds/dogs/golems would take forever and Groudon and Kyogre don't really fit the guardian image so I'm guessing either Latios or Latias, right?

~Chibi~;249;

^^; Uh, I really have no idea. I'm out of easy Legends to write, and I feel too lazy to go through and read the entire movie summary in detail for Latios and Latias.

Gak. x.X Help me.

Maybe I'll take a break from the series and write some regular One-Shots. I came up with a plot idea for one today. It'll be called, "Hide and Seek", and as always, it'll be sad. =P

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Well, I'll check it out when you post it. Lol, I'm guessing you haven't seen any of the recent movies, right, seeing as you said you had to read the sumarry for the Jirachi one.
98% percent of non-Japanese Pokémon fans didn't see Pokémon 5 in theaters because of Nintendo's infinately stupid idea to not advertise to cut expences, but ultimately doom the movie to a mere one million.
I am part of the 2% percent that did manage to find it in theaters. Go me =P

~Chibi~;249;

lilbluecorsola

Binky-boo! <3
Chibi Pika said:
Well, I'll check it out when you post it. Lol, I'm guessing you haven't seen any of the recent movies, right, seeing as you said you had to read the sumarry for the Jirachi one.
98% percent of non-Japanese Pokémon fans didn't see Pokémon 5 in theaters because of Nintendo's infinately stupid idea to not advertise to cut expences, but ultimately doom the movie to a mere one million.
I am part of the 2% percent that did manage to find it in theaters. Go me =P

~Chibi~;249;

Yeah, I haven't seen anything past #3. ;.;

Might get a chance to see Destiny Deoxys on Saturday though. =D

Anyhoo, not really sure when I'll start writing it. I know I should be working on my school projects instead... >.>

N

Noveskan

yes, i have school projects too. i need to see jirachi wishmaker and mewtwo returns.

N

Noveskan

okay. i have only read this one of your many fics, but i think it's very good. what legendaries have you done?

lilbluecorsola

Binky-boo! <3