• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~¤Present for a Friend¤~

lilbluecorsola

Binky-boo! <3
~¤Present for a Friend¤~

Wicked.png

I was too lazy to go over the lines... So I just resized it. >> Bleh.

Comments and/or Criticism are appreciated!

Diamond

Thunder Trainer
It looks like a pretty nice drawing, but the dodge and burn tools are your ENEMIES!!! Don't use them. Really. They'll keep sucking the blood out of your pictures until there's nothing left...take it from me ^_^' Try darkening the initial tones that you have and using them for your tones of shade. It's all a matter of practice before you realize what works and what doesn't.

Other than that, there's another shading issue, regarding the placement of your shadows...with this pic, you would probably be better off switching the 'shine' in her eyes and place it towards the left side, as most or all of the shadows seem to be coming from the right side, where you have your light source (indicated by the eyes in this picture) It's all a matter of consistency...choose one light source and stick with it throughout the pic, or it'll end up looking...quite funky..again, practice is the key here...it should become second nature to you eventually...Not bad at all though, practice practice practice! (I'm lame that way...)

lilbluecorsola

Binky-boo! <3
Diamond said:
It looks like a pretty nice drawing, but the dodge and burn tools are your ENEMIES!!! Don't use them. Really. They'll keep sucking the blood out of your pictures until there's nothing left...take it from me ^_^' Try darkening the initial tones that you have and using them for your tones of shade. It's all a matter of practice before you realize what works and what doesn't.

Other than that, there's another shading issue, regarding the placement of your shadows...with this pic, you would probably be better off switching the 'shine' in her eyes and place it towards the left side, as most or all of the shadows seem to be coming from the right side, where you have your light source (indicated by the eyes in this picture) It's all a matter of consistency...choose one light source and stick with it throughout the pic, or it'll end up looking...quite funky..again, practice is the key here...it should become second nature to you eventually...Not bad at all though, practice practice practice! (I'm lame that way...)

People have forgotten me, haven't they? >>

Like, wow. =O Good review.

I've been told things about my shading, but only when it comes to Photoshop colored images. Hm...

Blah, truth is, I can't use Photoshop for my life. XP I just slap some burn on places I think should be dark and call it done. I'm more of a sketching person. I'll keep what you said in mind though, if there's ever a next time. (^.^)

*hands you a Supa Lolly*

lilbluecorsola

Binky-boo! <3
Phantom_Bugsy said:
Wicked! :D

Teehee. XD She's cute. I love the coloring job~

P_B! *huggletacklesquooze* I haven't seen you in like, forever. 8D

Ha, so you actually like the coloring? XD You blind or something?

Well, thank you. 8) *Supa Lolly*

Ash.mx

Hehe, nice work Blue.
I really like using the dodge and burn tools ,as you know most of my works are made with those tools.
An advice: color the picture with differentes tones for the shading ,then use the dodge and burn tool where you think it´s necessary.(just try not to go over the whole drawing XD).
Personally I like the works with those tools , I liked the shine in the hair (where it´s the best part to use Highlights I think) , maybe you should give some shine to the eyes too ^^

Last edited:

lilbluecorsola

Binky-boo! <3
Ash.mx said:
Hehe, nice work Blue.
I really like using the dodge and burn tools ,as you know most of my works are made with those tools.
An advice: color the picture with differentes tones for the shading ,then use the dodge and burn tool where you think it´s necessary.(just try not to go over the whole drawing XD).
Personally I like the works with those tools , I liked the shine in the hair (where it´s the best part to use Highlights I think) , maybe you should give some shine to the eyes too ^^

Ash! Hey, haven't seen you in a while either. 8) *huggletacklesquooze*

Hm, so I should use different tones, all right. =) I've seen people do that, but I was always afraid I'd botch it up if I tried it myself. I'll give it a shot next time.

Heh, the eyes were bugging me. ^^; I kind of gave up on them.

Thanks for your review! *Supa Lolly*