• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~¤Pretty May-chan¤~

lilbluecorsola

Binky-boo! <3
~¤Pretty May-chan¤~

(Humph. Photobucket resized it. >>)

MayButterfly.png

I have to say, I'm really proud of this one. 8. Second time inking a picture, and probably my first succesful attempt at coloring a human character in Photoshop.

Comments and/or Critisicm are greatly appreciated!

P.S. I really also have to thank Ash.mx for contributing to this pic. ^^; His coloring tutorial really helped a lot! *automatic huggletacklesquooze + Supa Lolly* Thank you thank you thank you!

hm...first of all, her name was supposed to be may maple right? And second..That's really awesome!!! It's really adorable.The shading is good.

lilbluecorsola

Binky-boo! <3
╬HyPnOtIk╬ said:
hm...first of all, her name was supposed to be may maple right? And second..That's really awesome!!! It's really adorable.The shading is good.

Erm, I don't know, really. oO; I thought that was just a fan-name?

Thanks for commenting. =) *Lolly*

Tenten

"Just kidding!"
Aww...that May is so cute! Hmm...her arms, near the elbows, looks a bit too wide for me.

VampirateMace said:
Chan is japaness for little... it comes after one's name...
Actually, this is the definition for "-chan", from Wikipedia.

-chan: Chan is the informal, intimate, diminutive equivalent of san, used to refer to children and female family members, close friends and lovers. Chan is also used for adults as a title of affection. For example, Arnold Schwarzenegger gained the nickname Shuwa chan in Japanese. Similar to kun, chan is not necessarily optional when referring to the female children of others, and it is often avoided when referring to one's own children.

Chan is sometimes applied to male children if the name does not fit with the kun suffix. For example, a boy called "Tetsuya" will be nicknamed "Tetchan" rather than "Tekkun" for reasons more to do with phonetics than anything else.

Although it is usually said that honorifics are not applied to oneself, some women refer to themselves in the third person using chan. For example, a young woman named Maki might call herself Maki-chan rather than using a first person pronoun like watashi. Chan is also used for pets and animals, such as usagi-chan.

Last edited:

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
The anatomy looks pretty good. The coloring is awesome. The only thing that bugs me is her right foot (our right) which is kinda bent funny, along with her right arm (our right still) which is bent in a way in which she looks like she either has a broken arm OR is double jointed like me XD

Nice work though, keep it up =D You did a great job on the lineart, very smooth and well done. Keep working at it and I won't have any crits for you :p

lilbluecorsola

Binky-boo! <3
TenTen said:
Aww...that May is so cute! Hmm...her arms, near the elbows, looks a bit too wide for me.

Hm, perhaps, but I've rather taken to that style of drawing the arms. XP

Thanks for commenting. *Lolly*

VampirateMace said:
Okay, so it's a little more complicated.

I sould probaby comment on the art now... I like the background, you dealt w/ her hair well. She's seems to be standing pigeon-toed.

Thank you! Yeah, the feet came out a little odd. >>; It was too late to change it though.

*Lolly*

Kirby said:
The anatomy looks pretty good. The coloring is awesome. The only thing that bugs me is her right foot (our right) which is kinda bent funny, along with her right arm (our right still) which is bent in a way in which she looks like she either has a broken arm OR is double jointed like me XD

Nice work though, keep it up =D You did a great job on the lineart, very smooth and well done. Keep working at it and I won't have any crits for you :p

XP I know, both the hand and the foot turned out funny. Ah, well, I did this pretty quickly.

Really? 8D I'm so glad you think so. ^^; It's only my second time inking a picture, so I was afraid I did a bad job.

Thanks a lot for reviewing! *Supa Lolly*

unownmew

Banned
lilbluecorsola said:
(Humph. Photobucket resized it. >>)

MayButterfly.png

I have to say, I'm really proud of this one. 8. Second time inking a picture, and probably my first succesful attempt at coloring a human character in Photoshop.

Comments and/or Critisicm are greatly appreciated!

P.S. I really also have to thank Ash.mx for contributing to this pic. ^^; His coloring tutorial really helped a lot! *automatic huggletacklesquooze + Supa Lolly* Thank you thank you thank you!
OMFG!!!!!!!!
that is beautiful!!!!!
that is soo freaken well done, I love it, I love it, I love it!!!!
this is one of THE best pics you've ever drawn!!!
I love everything about it, the texture, the way it's drawn, the colors, (the person who drew it XD), EVERYTHING!

only one thing wrong, the feet are slightly oddly placed and a bit disproportionate.