• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Über Fast Hazards

larrylexinghu

Me love Samurott.
Ãœber Fast Hazards

I decided to restart this thread, so yeah.Hi, this is my first uber team that actually won ONCE. I have developed a like in hazards, so I have made a team that sort of specializes in spikes and rocks. I'm not really good at Pokemon, and I often need my brother to help out. Oh well, here goes nothing........

Girantina(regular form)
Item:Chesto Berry
Nature:Relaxed
Ability: Pressure
EVs:108 Defense, 108 Attack, 80 HP, 212 Sp. Defense
Moves:
Dragon Tail
Rest
Shadow Sneak
Thunder Wave

This huge baby is one of my main Pokemon on my team. Still, I usually send in Deoxys-S first. But we'll get to that later. I usually T-Wave everything although I some times directly get to the Dragon Tailing with hazards(more of that will be explained when we get Deoxys-S). Shadow Sneak serves to revenge kill Deoxys-A and taking out already weakened foes.

Deoxys-S
Item:Focus Sash
Ability:pressure
Nature:Timid
EVs:252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves:
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Taunt
Psycho Boost

I always send in this fasty first. I have a trusty Focus Sash with me so I can always send out at least a stealth rock. I sometimes Taunt stat raising lovers and annoying Baton Passers. I rarely use Psycho Boost, but it's a powerful stab move. I don't often get a chance to use Psycho Boost, but I do. Rarely.

Mewtwo
Ability:pressure
Item:Choice Specs
Nature:Modest
EVs:252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves:
Aura Sphere
Focus Blast
Psystrike
Flamethrower

Mewtwo is one of my huge bombers. Psystrike is a great stab move and Flamethrower takes care of stupid bug types, like Genesect. Aura Sphere is a normal attack, but I rarely use Focus Blast, but it is still useful in emergencies 'cause it does more damage. It's good when Mewtwo is my only Pokemon left and the opponent only has 1 Pokemon left.

Arceus
Item:Silk Scarf
Ability:Multitype
Nature:Adamant
EVs:252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves:
Swords Dance
Extremespeed
Brick Break
Shadow Claw

This guy is the commander of my bombers. Swords Dance and Extremespeed is my main combination. They destroy everything except for Rock, Steel and Ghost types. I'll say goodbye to Rock and Steel types with Brick Break and I'll destroy Ghosters with Shadow Claw. Yes, this guy is deadly!

Rayquaza
Item:Life Orb
Ability:Air Lock
Nature:Jolly
EVs:252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves:
Extremespeed
Outrage
V-Create
Dragon Dance

Allow me to introduce you to another one of my bombers. V-Create smashes Ice types to bits(Ice is quadruple effective against me). I don't really like Sun teams, because that messes up Kyogre. But good old Air Lock takes care of that. Outrage is my stab move and Extremespeed takes down already weakened foes.

Kyogre
Item:Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Modest
EVs:252 Sp. Attack, 56 HP, 100 Defense, 100 Sp. Defense
Moves:
Ice Beam
Water Spout
Thunder
Substitute

Kyogre is second in command for my bombers. Ice beam takes care of Grass types and Water Spout is a cheap stab move. Thunder kicks other waters out of my way. Substitute protects me a lot of damage, mainly from other Kyogres who know Thunder.

I'll add a threat list soon.

Last edited:

Atrocious

BP Chains aren't really a problem anymore so I'd put Magic Coat to beat Darkrai leads and other hazard setting leads. Any reason for the weird EVs on Kyogre and Giratina? WoW over T-Wave.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Why Brick Break over Earthquake? It's far stronger and still hits Rock- and Steel-types super-effectively. And it's not like there are all that many Flying-types/Levitaters in Ubers. Xatu and Ho-Oh are the only ones I see really. Come to think of it, all Brick Break hits harder than Earthquake is Ferrothorn.

Kyogre and Giratina should use more dedicated spreads, Kyo has no reason to run anything besides the standard 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 anywhere else offensive, and Giratina should be going for either 252 Hp / 252 Def/SpD / 4 Def/SpD or 248 Hp / 252 Def/SpD / 8 Def/SpD

Last edited:

larrylexinghu

Me love Samurott.
Hey, T-Wave is good. As for the EVs, I want Girantina to tank hits so I can Dragon Tail. If this still does not convince you, well, I'm not really good at competitive battling.

larrylexinghu

Me love Samurott.
Hey, T-Wave is good. As for the EVs, I want Girantina to tank hits so I can Dragon Tail. If this still does not convince you, well, I'm not really good at competitive battling. To add to to the convincing, Brick Break destroys other Arceuses.

Atrocious

If you want Gira to wall, you'd probably want 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe with Bold or 252 SpD with the according nature and swap T-Wave for Will-o-Wisp which cuts physical attackers attack in half. Also, I'd take out Focus Blast / Aura Sphere for Hidden Power Ice as the coverage is needed. Idk, I'd recommend Fire Blast over V-Create as you just throw away that DD boost if you manage to get one and still demolishes Ferrothorn and Forretress. What Ice type is used in Ubers besides like a rare Arceus-Ice? Can't really think of one. Subsitute with Water Spout makes no sense and with those EVs, Kyogre is sure to take some damage before it fires off a Water Spout. EVs need to be dedicated like loco suggested as Subs won't really protect you from opposing Thunder's because you're too slow to set them up in time. Hydro Pump or Surf / Thunder / Ice Beam / Subsitute or Calm Mind with a dedicated spread.

Bossk

Like a champ.
Put Ice Beam over Focus Blast, there's no reason to have two fighting type moves. Aura Sphere is more reliable and with Mewtwo's power you don't need the power of Focus Blast, but if you really want to it's still a viable option. As Atrocious said, you could use the Ice-type coverage, but Hidden Power {Ice} is useless when he learns Ice Beam; maybe he just didn't know that he could learn it.

Atrocious

Yeah, meant Ice Beam, don't play Ubers much but have a general understanding and basics of it. Don't see many Mewtwos much anymore anyways.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Larry, trust me when I say you tank hits better with a 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD spread. Atk EVs are pretty much useless on Giratina since it isn't really offensive, Dragon Tail isn't there for damage. Invest fully in one defensive stat instead of spreading them out too, it lends itself to overall bulk much better.