• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Τραύμα - A Series Of Unfortunate One-Shots (PG-13 & Up)

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Hello, I'm Plat. Frontier. Τραύμα means trauma, which all of these one-shots will be about. This will be a series of one-shots based on Pokémon. A theme song? For once, yes:

Liquor Store Blues - Bruno Mars featuring Damian Marley

Although the song doesn't fit the first story to a "T", it fits the pain & sorrow to all of the stories.

Since I can't post pictures here, click here for some pictures.

Gastly, Haunter & Gengar: Life With No Bounds

Gastly:

Gastly, a newborn of some sorts. You could call it that, but that's not necessarily true. In-fact, it's been on the Earth decades before the trainer catches it. Even though it seems old, it has that fresh teen, no, KID Spirit that most adults, especially the elderly, yearn to have again. A Gastly will always have this spirit up until it evolves into a Haunter, which will have the teen spirit, right until it evolves into Gengar. Gengar has no "fresh" feeling whatsoever. It just has that final-evolution-Pokémon generic feeling.

When the organisms of the Pokémon see this ghost, they usually associate it with death, usually due to it's typing. But that's hardly the truth. Even though it will eventually stop evolving, and, EVENTUALLY, stop leveling up, it will still feel pain, pain which you'll find out later on...

Haunter:

Haunter. You could call it the "Metapod" of it's line. It could even evolve before Metapod's required evolution time, time-wise. It can evolve even if it hasn't leveled up ONCE. The worst part if you evolve it immediately? It doesn't get the rush of "pride" it gets for earning to evolve. It feels stripped of it's right.

That's not all. It begins it's sense of pain and sorrow, which will last for sometime which it will never understand. What part of forever it doesn't understand, we will never know.

The concept of evolution is a painful and difficult process. Imagine if you broke your leg, it healed, and simultaneously, it breaks again? It wouldn't make you feel great, right? It feels worse for the sad, sad Pokémon. Look on the bright side: The suffering of evolution will be over after this...

Gengar:

Gengar. The worse thing has arrived. You would think the pain and suffering has stopped there, right? WRONG. The smile on its face all the time. Don't you see something wrong with it? It's pretty much like a dolphin. That's its natural look. Even if its on the verge of death (which it will never be), it will NEVER frown. Notice how I say it will never die. Even if you reset the game, it will wonder around in emptiness, forever in pain, while the other Pokémon eventually die off, in an ironic happiness, thinking they will never die. When all of the Pokémon die off, only these Pokémon will remain. Even Pokémon like Arceus, Metagross and Golurk will eventually die: Arceus of extremely old age, Metagross from rusting and Golurk of erosion.

No food, no friends, only fiends and starvation. Well, I wouldn't say no food or no friends: There might be some liquor or marijuana around to cover its pain in a cloud of intoxication and stupidity, if they're lucky. Even then, it'd eventually end with a hangover or paranoia, each to their respective intoxicants. Or they could make friends with a fellow ghost, if they're lucky and desperate. But these ghosts don't even understand the concepts of "love," "friendship," and "respect." In-fact, the only reason it stays with it's trainer is because its bored.

Life can be painful, right? This is the torturous version of life: There is no death. Gambling is really the only thing they can do, but even then it isn't fun. What can they bet? Nothing. Suicide? That isn't really an option. You won't be able to kill yourself, because there's nothing to kill yourself with. How ironic. You used to love haunting humans and destroying humanity. Now humans and humanity mean nothing to this Pokémon anymore. There are no more humans. They don't even love destroying humanity anymore, because there would be no point of destroying it. Very little of humanity was left, and what was left of it was slowly dying.

I should say this is the end, but it really isn't. Worse fate might come upon it. Maybe? Maybe not. A living nightmare. A living hell. Sad, the "Shadow" Pokémon is a shadow of its former self. Sad, that it can actually feel sorrow. Sad, that it feels remorse for the humans it haunted and tortured.​

Last edited:

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
I'll never look at the Gastly line again. They will now be the Forever Alone Ghosts.

But... How does Arceus die? Isn't he a literal god?

I'll share a note: Parts of the story come from the manga/anime "Death Note." The show involves these gods called "Shinigami," (translation: Death Gods) which, they can die of natural causes (which even IDK when, but I'd say around 4,000 years if they don't kill anyone since their birth(?),) and some unknown way.

And the next Pokémon? Probably Deino's line, or Zweileous. And don't worry, this one comes original.

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
You mean how Deino's actually got two parasitic twins inside it, one that becomes more prevalent as it grows and one that absorbs the other two and turns them into puppets?

That'll be a cool oneshot.

Half right. That's all I'm saying.

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Deino, Zweilous & Hydreigon: Disabilities Come One of a Kind:

Deino:

Ah, the birth of a child. No mother cannot remember this, either because of the beauty, or because of the immense pain. In Deino's case, however, it's actually neither. It's the false hope of the mothers.

Most mothers say their children are one of a kind. The Deino aren't an exception. As the Hydreigon hope and pray that their babies can see, their hope strengthens right until their babies are born. That, of course, brings the downer. All Deino's are obviously born blind, but all of the mothers hope their baby can be special.

Deino are especially curious when they learn how to observe their surronding with scent and biting. In-fact, only 10% of Deino survive their first evolution. Most of them die terrible fates, such as pissing off other Pokémon, or falling off cliffs.

Zweilous:

Deino have more torturous evolutions than most Pokemon. They experience twice the pain of regular evolution, due to the growth of a second head. This second head, however, is used as a mindless drone and is only good for self-defense. The other side of Zweilous, however, is intelligent, having nearly the same IQ as Alakazam.

The first head comes up with hunting strategies, while the second head gets all of the credit. Envy runs within the first head towards the second head. This rivalry gets even bigger as they run towards their mother's milk. Even with his almighty strength, the second head can't get the nurturing milk, as the first head is intelligent enough to know where to get the milk. This rivalry keeps on going until it, or they, or whatever you call it, evolves into a Hydreigon.

Hydreigon:

You know what the sad part is? Neither of them are the head-honcho of Hydreigon. The final head is basically a combination between the two. Although you would expect a rivalry between the two to ensure because of the third head, it's actually the opposite: The main head is jealous of the others. The main head is just a figurehead: Even the PokéDex gets the data wrong. While it is true that the second head still doesn't have a brain, the first head is still intelligent.

The third head (which is the one in the middle) does nothing. It can't even talk. They all want to kill each other and other Pokémon as well. It's six wings are actually for strangling each other: They're the heads' two hands respectively. Hydreigon always die because of their self-inflicted pains (or should I say, murder?), due to their rivalries with each other. That's why they call it the "Brutal Pokémon."

Is it suicide? Is it murder? Or is it accidental? We may never know...​

Last edited:

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Meh. It was either like that, or go with the PokeDex. I chose the more fun one. ;)

Next one will probably Happiny line or Mew. Something pink.

Erm, let's get some things out of the way first:

A Gastly will always have this spirit up until it evolves into a Haunter, which will have the teen spirit, right until it evolves into Gengar. Gengar has no "fresh" feeling whatsoever. It just has that final-evolution-Pokémon generic feeling.

If this is Gastly's section, why did you expound on Haunter and Gengar if it could be mentioned in their own sections instead? It's not a qualm, more of a mere question. Heh.

The smile on it's face all the time

That's it's natural look.

Even if it's on the verge of death (which it will never be),

There might be some liquor or marijuana around to cover it's pain in a cloud of intoxication and stupidity

In-fact, the only reason it stays with it's trainer is because it's bored.

the "Shadow" Pokémon is a shadow of it's former self.

"Its". When you use the possessive form of "it", there's no apostrophe. "It's" is the contraction of "it is".

Most of them die terrible fates, such as pissing of other Pokémon, or falling of cliffs.

Unless you actually mean Pokemon urinating on it or cliffs falling on it, I think these should be "off". :p

They're the heads two hands respectively.

You're missing an apostrophe here.

Look on the bright side: The suffering of evolution will be over after this...

I like this take on evolution. Usually we see it so positively, but there's always that curious quirk about how Pokemon actualy feel during this process. You present it as if it was some sort of abrupt mutation, which is unfortunate but interesting.

There are several instances where you suddenly switch to second person when referring to the Pokemon. There's technically nothing wrong with that, but there are also instances where you switch to third person, using "this Pokemon" or variations of it. Maybe stick to one to make it consistent?

Anyway, with all of that out of the way, I think these one-shots are interesting. It provides a darker background for the Pokemon, making it seem like they get the short end of the stick in evolution. Like I said above, your presentation of evolution is really unique, and I hope you expound on that in your future one-shots.

What's also interesting is what these one-shots actually are. They're not really fiction [outside of the fact that they're based on fictional creatures]; they're more of short essays, the stuff you write in notebooks. Idk, just seems nice to classify it. Heh.

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Erm, let's get some things out of the way first:

If this is Gastly's section, why did you expound on Haunter and Gengar if it could be mentioned in their own sections instead? It's not a qualm, more of a mere question. Heh.

Because I said so Because it would give a hint towards the upcoming suffering of its evolutions.

"Its". When you use the possessive form of "it", there's no apostrophe. "It's" is the contraction of "it is".

Sad that I have an 'A' in ELA. Thanks, I'll update it.

...I'm in 6th Grade, so I can't really be perfect.

Unless you actually mean Pokemon urinating on it or cliffs falling on it, I think these should be "off". :p

...lulzy. Thanks for the tip.

You're missing an apostrophe here.

Again, thanks.

I like this take on evolution. Usually we see it so positively, but there's always that curious quirk about how Pokemon actualy feel during this process. You present it as if it was some sort of abrupt mutation, which is unfortunate but interesting.

I honestly can't believe I'm the first one who thought of it (at least I think I am...)

There are several instances where you suddenly switch to second person when referring to the Pokemon. There's technically nothing wrong with that, but there are also instances where you switch to third person, using "this Pokemon" or variations of it. Maybe stick to one to make it consistent?

I've always had this problem on FFs. I've been on previous fanfiction websites (specifically on Wikia), and I usually fail epically on these. An example: Compare this take on DBZ to my take on DBZ.

Anyway, with all of that out of the way, I think these one-shots are interesting. It provides a darker background for the Pokemon, making it seem like they get the short end of the stick in evolution. Like I said above, your presentation of evolution is really unique, and I hope you expound on that in your future one-shots.

What's also interesting is what these one-shots actually are. They're not really fiction [outside of the fact that they're based on fictional creatures]; they're more of short essays, the stuff you write in notebooks. Idk, just seems nice to classify it. Heh.

Is it bad that all of the stuff I write is on the moment? I don't even consult OpenOffice (an equivalent to Microsoft Word) for this.

Comments in bold.

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Happiny, Chansey & Blissey: Breathing Out Life

Happiny:

Ah, Happiny. What a wonderful creature... it may be hard for this author to say, but this is one of the only Pokémon that's truly happy to be with its trainer. But, as I always say: "Ignorance is bliss," or, in this case: "Bliss is ignorance." Funny, how she always wants to be like her mother, carrying an Oval Stone in her pouch. Weird how it takes two Oval Stones for it to evolve. Even her evolution isn't painful, due to the Oval Stones' mystical effect to get rid of evolutionary pain. As it is the evolutionary exclusive to Happiny, one reduces the pain, so divide that reduced pain by two: All she feels is a tickle. Once she evolves into Chansey, however, things start to get bad...

Chansey:

The factors of Chansey learning how to heal upon its evolution is... probably around 100%. She really wasn't made for fighting; more for healing really. The healing actually reduces her life-force, which is why in the wild she only uses her healing for emergency purposes only.

While Happiny are really useless, Chansey is one of the best Pokémon to have on a team that isn't a pseudo-Legendary or Legendary Pokémon. Although she can only learn a maximum of 5 damaging moves naturally (all of which can be used against them using Counter, a move that multiplies the attack damage by two, along with the additional damage of Fighting types,) she can learn very powerful moves via TM abuse, which is also painful for the Pokemon to learn. This makes Chansey very rare in Unova, where TMs are reusable...

Blissey:

This also makes Blissey even more rare in Unova, which Chansey only can evolve into Blissey with high "happiness." This makes Audino the weaker substitute, where it can be found all over Unova (with the obvious exception of industrial places such as Black City) with little trouble to obtain her.

After evolution, Blissey always have a shorter life-span than Chansey, because she gains a tremendous boost in just about every stat by reducing her life-force. Since she also emits a positive aura, it tries to make others happy by making it feel down. Like Gengar, she can never frown, so she can never show her true emotions. She always dies by committing suicide.

Ah, how the "Happiness Pokémon" dies in the most sorrowful way. Why must we abuse them? Why?

Last edited:

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
You're in sixth grade? You're too good to be that young! Of course, it also explains why you fail epically in some areas.

...Fail? ME? I'M DOING A SERVICE BY ERADICATING ALL OF THE FAIL I HAVE! I'LL SHOW YOU!

Ignoring the modified quote from DN, explain why I fail.

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Just the DM quote story by you, was fail.

Yeah, I know. I left that place unofficially, actually. Kinda like how I was on here, left and came back (that was 11 months ago...)

Also, that wasn't the worst story on there...

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
*~*~*~This does not mean that the first anime movie is canon. The first movie and Dr. Fuji's story contradicts each other.~*~*~*

This story has some suggestive dialouge. You have been warn.

Mew & Mewtwo: Deuces

Mew:

Ah, the original legendary, excluding Arceus, of course. Knowledge of the transformation, which is otherwise only known to Ditto & Smeargle. Little is known about this Pokémon, other than the fact it can learn every TM, and it could be your mailman, your best friend, or even the Girl Next Door. It could even be a doppelgänger of you! This seemingly cute Pokémon is one annoying bastard. Damning how many people can be tricked by it.

Anyway, this Pokémon is excruciatingly hard to obtain, only said to appear in front of those pure of heart AND only if you strongly desire to see it. Most people think this is the ancestor to all Pokémon, but it's not. That title belongs to Arceus.

This trickster is immune to really any pain, due to having no heart (it only appears in front of pure-hearted trainers so it can torture them) or feeling. Why do you think Arceus made it? It was to torture humanity with its cruel trickery.

Mewtwo:

Ah, Dr. Fuji. Why did that bastard have to make a clone of this heartless Pokémon? For reviving your daughter? Congratulations, you successfully made your wife leave you and got yourself killed by making an even more evil clone. For a genius, you sure are retarded.

Anyway, unlike Mew, it can't transform. Even though this makes it easier to recognize, its still more powerful than Mew by a longshot. Even Darkrai cowers in fear of this Pokémon cruelty. It's only used as a battle mechanism and nothing else. If it defeats your Pokémon, it will try to kill it at all costs, due to wanting to defeat its enemies, and this will ensure total defeat. Why do you think its the only Pokémon to learn Psystrike? Its because either the Pokémon can't withstand the insanity of it, or understand its torture and corruption. This is why it can't become a Shadow Pokémon: Its too heartless.

Why do these Pokémon have to exist? Why? Humanity has already suffered enough... hasn't it?​

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Ditto: Doppelgänger of a Demon

Ah, what a Pokémon, Ditto is. A commonly known doppelgänger, this Pokémon uses trickery for entertainment for people, unlike Mew, who uses it for entertainment for torturing people.

See how I mentioned Mew? Why do you think Ditto can use transform? This is because Ditto is a "corrupted" Mew. This "corruption" can't use any TMs, but can use Transform, and only transform. Ditto has an upside, though: It has a good heart, unlike Mew.

But if their trainer abuses them, they will strike back. They will become a loved one of the trainer's (such as their mother, father, spouse, etc.) and hurt them mentally, emotionally, and even physically if the original person has enough power.

So don't abuse it, trainers, and they'll be your "bestest" friend.​

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
God, I'm a terrible updater.

MissingNo.: Computer Virus

MissingNo.:

Ah, the MissingNo. What a curious Pokémon. But what is it exactly? A computer virus? No. A broken computer? No. In actuality, its a "glitchy" Porygon. See, when a virus has finally destroyed your computer, and in the process, a Porygon, or a evolutionary relative of it, is in it, it turns into a MissingNo. But how can a glitch turn into a glitch inside itself? That question can never be answered. All we know is it suddenly became extinct in three years time...

...Or has it? Has it ever occured to you how a MissingNo. can look exactly like a Aerodactyl fossil, or even a ghost? Maybe its the fossils of Aerodactyl and Kabutops? Maybe those Pokemon are truly extinct. Maybe MissingNo. is truly extinct. Hell, maybe its even a Ditto. All we know is MissingNo. tortures us with inner curiousity and awe. That one smart motherf*cker.​