• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

‘Arceus and the Jewel of Life’ in 2009 for America?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
I'm not trusting this, sorry. The Pokemon.com mailbag is known for giving wrong or badly researched answers to people's questions.

I'm a bit skeptical, as well...But considering it's run by the same company that handles the dubbing, I say it's pretty likely.

Tbh, I can't think of one time pokemon.com has been wrong about the anime. Only about the games.

halloweenghost

I'm a bit skeptical, as well...But considering it's run by the same company that handles the dubbing, I say it's pretty likely.

Tbh, I can't think of one time pokemon.com has been wrong about the anime. Only about the games.

the peron who does the mail says that in the advanced battle opening, the cloaked shadowy figure is the scizzor from that battle frontier episode (crimson wave i think it was called)) when it is clearly MEWTWO!

Last edited:

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
Eh, true. bu that was a long time ago.

mockingjay

swift and lol
it probably was, but i don't think 4kids also handled the mailbag.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
IF it comes out this year, it's probably not until late December.

While I AM pumped about this, they still have to go through the battle with Paul before they can have the Arceus movie, given that Monferno is in the movie (granted from what I hear only 10 seconds). That means that they have to do the whole Candice Arc, Regigigas, and the battle. So 8-9 episodes still need to be aired. I mean, they COULD go ahead and do it anyway, it would just leave a small plot hole in the movie that kids are going to be HIGHLY confused over. That, or hour-long new episodes on CN.

Either way, I do hope they do stay true to their word. It would explain the early Arceus reveal, AND hopefully segway into an early HG/SS release.

Last edited by a moderator:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Technically its 10 episodes till then so a late December is possible. I can't see them releasing it in February another 10 episodes after when dawn will get Cynda.

halloweenghost

It is very possible.. including this saturday..if there isn't any more delays like last week,, there will be 6 episodes before the ash vs paul two parter.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Also the TCG and everything makes it coming out in 2009 fit perfectly. I personally want it out sooner then later so the yearly cycle can be shifted to December for the movies.

Rex Kamex

Wait, what?

Have two movies ever come out in the same year before? I expected a spring 2010 release.

Like it was said before, this would be the first time two movies were released in one year. (Although I expected January 2010 for this one...)

Meh... I have mixed feelings about this. Having a 2009 release would mean we'd get it earlier than I expected, so I'd see the movie earlier, but... they care more about releasing stuff like this early than keeping ALL of the Japanese music in the TV episodes... (At least this movie will probably keep all the bgm...)

I doubt it's be easy for TPCI to pull this off, but the effort they'd use to get this movie early could've been used for buying the rights to all the original music.

This, to me, is kinda like how HeartGold and SoulSilver were released Saturday the 13th in Japan. I was hoping they'd be released Saturday November 21, the ten-year-anniversary of Gold and Silver. (I prefer having them be released later, on a special day that'll actually have meaning years from now, than have it be released earlier, play through the entire game within a week, then, when November 21 comes around, whine constantly about when the fifth generation is coming and no longer caring about the Johto remakes.)

So if this is true, thank you, TPCI, but... could you please use all the Japanese music from now on?

It's like TPCI is cramming every single Pokemon event down into the winter season! The Advent of Arceus decks (if that's what they're called), the movie, and maybe the games....good Arceus, it's like 2009 is Judgment day for all of us Poke fanatics!

Torpoleon

Yeah, I saw this too! Strange thing is that Pokemon.com says on the Movies section tat the release date is 2010. Perhaps, they are talking about the DVD release.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
2009?Wootz!This could mean the DVD release is sooner{since I'm in New Zealand this is good}

mockingjay

swift and lol
because it's probably airing late this year, new zealand will probably get it around march-june on dvd.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Wow they really are stepping up their game aren't they

Only 20 episodes behind and now they're showing the movie off before it even comes out on dvd in JAPAN LIKE OMG!!!

I think the title is a good one as well it suits the filme really well

I don't think they stated how we'll see the film did they??
If not maybe a (Everyone locks Guns) Cinema release? (BANG)

Wow they really are stepping up their game aren't they

Only 20 episodes behind and now they're showing the movie off before it even comes out on dvd in JAPAN LIKE OMG!!!

I think the title is a good one as well it suits the filme really well

I don't think they stated how we'll see the film did they??
If not maybe a (Everyone locks Guns) Cinema release? (BANG)

I would pay to see the movie in theaters, unfortunately, parents wouldn't want to let their kids see a movie that phenomenal in theaters anymore, or it could have been Nintendo's decision in the past to stop airing them there. by the way, we're only 18 episodes behind. Japan didn't air a new episode this week, as well as last week, so therefore it is still 18.

Also, Bulbapedia has confirmed a DVD release (December 18) for Japan.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Also, Bulbapedia has confirmed a DVD release (December 18) for Japan.

Wait wait wait wait wait.... We're getting a Pokemon movie (most likely) BEFORE it comes out on DVD in Japan?! Also, given the ambiguity of the response, we might get the DVD around the same time?

Mind blown. Not as much as HG/SS, but still pretty shocked.

BCVM22

Wait wait wait wait wait.... We're getting a Pokemon movie (most likely) BEFORE it comes out on DVD in Japan?! Also, given the ambiguity of the response, we might get the DVD around the same time?

One more reason why this is a puzzling turn of events, to say the least.

I'm never one to go against official sources, but it has been pointed out that Pokemon.com has been wrong before, particularly on animated matters. I'm interested to see exactly how this timeframe plays out in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.