1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

‘Arceus and the Jewel of Life’ in 2009 for America?!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by JohnLee, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Well-Known Member

Well, yeah. That was kind of what I meant was possibly going to happen.

2. GoodPokemonTrainer121

GoodPokemonTrainer121 Yeah man!! :)

I'm really glad it going to air this year hopefully this isn't the first time and it's going to air on Cartoon Network like the others..

3. Cartoonami

Cartoonami To know the unkown

I don't approve of this. First, it's breaking with tradition to bring two Pokemon movies in a year to the States. Second, they (TPCI) are taking all the fun out of waiting for the movies (and games for that matter) by releasing them in a predictable time frame, over the last two years or so. And third, what will they do once they've brought movie 12 and HG/SS to us? They'll have practically caught up with our Japanese counterparts. Nothing left to surprise us with.

4. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Is there a particular reason why people are giving TCPI credit/gump for things in which they have little to no hand?

5. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

WTF? Your like the only fan on the planet who actually enjoys waiting.

6. A_Merry_Snowrunt

A_Merry_Snowrunt Snorunt!

Okay, since Ash's Chimchar evolves into Monferno within 6 weeks (November 14) from today's episode (DP126) ; whereas DP135 (December 5th) and DP136 (December 12th) have Arceus and the Jewel of Life in between those two episodes (once it premiered) this could confirm a December 7th (didn't the Sky Warrior run on Cartoon Network for three days?) ,December 8th, and December 9th premiere for the states making it the first Pokemon film to concide with Sky Warrior which debuted in 2009 of February and was released the month afterwords.

Therefore, Pokemon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life should come out around the time of late January 2010 and early February 2010. If my hypothesis is correct, that means Heartgold and Soulsilver will debut later on in March and Japan will air....oh right that's against the rules...that season later in March. I could be wrong though. (Yes, Bulbapedia helped me with the dates. I know my accuracy isn't good enough as future sight, but it was worth it.)

7. HoennMaster

The dub does not care about airing movies in their proper place in the anime, so that theory is a no go.

8. A_Merry_Snowrunt

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Arceus_and_the_Jewel_of_Life

Okay, it's fine to disagree, I'm not always correct and do you find it interesting how both the eleventh movie and the twelvth movie are six months apart between theater release (July) and movie release (December) in Japan?

Giratina and The Sky Bouquet (July 19, 2008 Theater) (Dec. 19, 2008 DVD )
    Arceus and To a Spacetime Conquer (July 18, 2009 theater) (Dec. 18, 2009 DVD)

The Darkrai movie (and before) didn't follow the same pattern as those two. What is also interesting is that the Darkrai movie premiered three months in between for the US whereas Shaymin a month different. Who knows what TPCI could throw at us this Winter! It's going to be thrilling no?!

9. JohnLee

JohnLee Well-Known Member

With more and more dubs rolling in for America, I think that this is becoming more and more likely. All the dubs are revealed for October, and the next first couple of episodes for November are the full battle episodes, which I hope will end up being an hour special, but either way chimchar will evolve. Monferno is the only evolution currently different from the anime and the movie, right?

10. pokedexfiller

pokedexfiller Unova Trainer

wow, pokemon inc. is really releasing things fast now. i figured it would at least be next year. at this rate the arceus event will be out this yearr, too.

11. A_Merry_Snowrunt

Yes you're quite correct young fellow. If my accuracy is correct by the TPCI episode scheduling for the next five weeks (tomorrow starts off) which concludes to be November 14(like I stated the above mention few posts ago), Chimchar will evolve into Monferno. Tomorrow's episode is "Sliding towards Seventh" followed by October the 17ths episode "Pyramid Rage" (correct me if I'm wrong. The 24th and 31st will air the two part saga of the Regigigas episode (Pillars of Friendship and some other unknown english dub) for the month of October.

Man, has this month been cool or what? (Yes pun intended since we're still in Snowpoint city! Now that I mention it, we've been in Snowpoint/Coronet Mt. since the middle of August!) Following the next two weeks afterwords will be Paul and Ash's battle (November 7th, then 14th) . I swear, I'm going insane with this because I'm not really accurate most of the time, but with all the recent merchandise and TPCI releasing stuff early than expected, I can sort of see a pattern. Yes, I'm sane, even for a 20 year old.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  12. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Well-Known Member

^ So much for spoilers... -__-

And I'm sorry, but I'm still not happy about this news. I know I "should" be, but... no.

EDIT: Then again, why does that matter? I'm not in the target audience anyway. So as long as the kids like it...

13. grovyle09

grovyle09 Active Member

You are so right they show dp movies on cartoon network, but
    if you want to watch it on that cannel you must
    be ready for alot of commericals. Anyway the dvd release for it
    will be 2010.

14. HoennMaster

We already knew that. We knew that before the movie came out in Japan.

15. JohnLee

Actually, the 31st is "Frozen on Their Tracks" when Looker appears. I didn't know it was a two-part saga. I completely agree with you! I've been starting to predict stuff coming out early and I've been right so far. We'll see how it plays out in the coming months! I like how you called me a young fellow, but I'm 19 years old :p

16. HoennMaster

Please post in spoilers!

Regigigas only appears in one episode, not two.

17. shadow and jolteon

shadow and jolteon Ghetto Team Rater.

wow we've been really fast with pokemon lately. we're only 23 episodes behind japan which isn't bad when you think about it.

18. The Mega Champion

The Mega Champion Well-Known Member

Is it just me or did the Movie 12 synopsis on this site disappear?

I swear it was on there a couple weeks ago...

Anyone having the same problem? I'm starting to wonder if I'm the ONLY one having this problem...

19. JohnLee

I'm dead set on a 2009 air date for the movie after today's news. Shaymin was given away the same month as it's respective movie debuted, Feb. 7-14 and the movie debuted on Feb 13. Then Platinum was released on March 22nd, a little over a month after the movie. I think that the movie will premiere during Thanksgiving weekend.

20. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

I think it would be a good time to debute it.. might happen on thanksgiving day maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.