1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

‘Arceus and the Jewel of Life’ in 2009 for America?!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by JohnLee, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnLee

JohnLee Well-Known Member

I think it's the perfect time to debut it! Kids will be home from school on break and will have nothing to do. I'm not sure about exactly on Thanksgiving day, but that would be cool if happened and I most certainly will not complain!

2. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

Nothing to do? Homework. Teachers are not that nice. :)

3. JohnLee

Haha well whatever homework kids do get, I highly doubt it'll be enough for them to not enjoy their break and watch the new Pokemon movie lol. Plus, cartoon network won't be airing any Christmas movies yet. At least I hope not anyway.

4. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Nothing save for NFL games that's intended to get even passable ratings is ever debuted on Thanksgiving Day - it's too big a gamble and an ill-advised gamble at that to expect that it'll garner enough viewers while the entire country is eating turkey and mashed potatoes and cranberries.

5. HoennMaster

Don't rule that out though. A lot of places love to start as early as they can. Thankfully some stations wait until December 1st

6. JohnLee

Yeah I agree for it not being on Thanksgiving day, but I would still shoot for the following weekend. I'm sure we'll get info in the coming weeks about the movie if it is truly going to air during the month of November.

7. The Mega Champion

The Mega Champion Well-Known Member

Um... hello?

Is the Movie 12 synopsis on this site gone or not?

Someone help me out here. Please?

Thanks.

8. HoennMaster

Not to mention it's once in a blue moon new episodes are shown on a holiday, even on networks that don't show stuff like sports.

9. Oumba

Oumba Member

The Japanese DVD of the movie is airing on 18th of December 2009, what about the engl. movie? Is it going to be in Spring 2010? Let's hope we get the details about it. I'm exited to see it on DVD.[IMG200]file:///Users/el-khouryroland/Desktop/Naga-trainer%27s-card.gif[/IMG200]

10. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

You can't post an image from your desktop, Bill Gates. :|

If anyone knew the exact details, you'd see them plastered everywhere and repeatedly brought up. Do you see that anywhere?

No?

OK then.

11. JohnLee

Two new more dubs for America and the second dub reveals the last spoiler that the Arceus movie will have. When did the advertisements for the Shaymin movie start to air on CN before the movie aired?

12. A_Merry_Snowrunt

A_Merry_Snowrunt Snorunt!

The day before "Doc Brock" aired; basically it aired before Valentine's Day. Therefore Arceus and the Jewel of Life should premiere sometime early December on cartoon network and release on DVD sometime late January. This is the same for Sky Warrior since they were a month apart.

13. JohnLee

Yeah, I knew that the movie aired on February 13th. I was asking when did advertisements saying when it was going to air start showing on CN?

14. Janovy

Janovy Banned

HEY!
    Info from Pokebeach:

According to Cartoon Network Australia's online schedule, Arceus and the Jewel of Life will be airing this upcoming Friday, November 6th, at 6:00 PM. Considering it is unlikely Australia would be airing the movie long before the United States, we'll probably see the movie within a few weeks as well, possibly even on the same date.

15. JohnLee

WOW! Awesome find. There's no way Australia is getting it before the US. I hope that it airs here on the 6th as well. How far is Australia even the anime?! Either way, I'm excited that it's getting closer. I will gladly put money on a November release for America.

EDIT- Just checked the tv listings for Friday, November the 6th using TV Guide and it says TBA from 5:30-7:00 pm. I live in the midwest so that's central time. I'll bet that's when it's going to air!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  16. Lorde

Lorde Banned

That is a good question.

But you shouldn't assume that the US will get it before Australia.

17. JohnLee

Yeah, I should know not to assume. Just checked the tv listings for Friday, November the 6th using TV Guide and it says TBA from 5:30-7:00 pm. I live in the midwest so that's central time. I'll bet that's when it's going to air!

18. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 Pokémon Lyricist

19. A_Merry_Snowrunt

A_Merry_Snowrunt Snorunt!

Thanks for the information and perhaps we might get to see Arceus and the Jewel of Life next week, who knows?

20. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

November 6th is less than a week away and though I don't claim to monitor Cartoon Network intensely during the CN hours, to the best of my knowledge, there's been no promotion for an airing of the movie and they're certainly not going to stealth premiere such a thing. I would wait until Cartoon Network makes their intentions for the American premiere known before jumping to any conclusions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.