1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

‘Arceus and the Jewel of Life’ in 2009 for America?!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by JohnLee, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnLee

JohnLee Well-Known Member

Although there aren't any promotions for the movie on CN, there are promotions for the movie elsewhere on the official Pokemon website. There is the notched-ear pichu ad in the corner plus the page dedicated to the movie. I don't think they'll stealth premiere the movie either, but we'll find out tomorrow when the CN schedule is updated to included Friday's lineup.

2. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase (5:00 - 6:00) and Johnny Test (6:00 - 7:00) are scheduled for that time.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  3. JohnLee

I don't think that you're looking at it right. It's TBA from 6:30-8. The times could be different depending what time zone you're in.

4. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Promotions for the movie itself, which started when they announced the movie for its international release months ago, are not tantamount to promotions for the premiere. You can promote the heck out of something and it'll be worth jack if you don't tell people when to watch it far enough in advance, and "less than a week" is definitely not far enough in advance.

Please, think about it. Unless you believe that they don't want people to know it's on, I'm not sure how you can think that it'll premiere with no advertisement.

5. JohnLee

Personally, I feel that a week is sufficient enough to advertise a premiere. It's not that hard to put commercials around all the pokemon episodes that will air this week or put advertisements on the CN website. Australia's CN just revealed today that they're going to air it on the 6th without any promoting! Everyone was shocked that it would even air in 2009, so as far as it goes I wouldn't put it past anyone that it will air on the 6th in the USA.

6. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

Johnny Test (6:30), Batman: The Brave and the Bold (7:00), and Star Wars: The Clone Wars (7:30). Oh, and Destroy Build Destroy (9:00) so it won't begin at 8 PM EST either.

Edit: It's funny that Australia is airing the 12th movie even though they don't even have the latest season airing.

7. JohnLee

Here, I just give you the link from what I'm looking at.

http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/

It's already on Friday, November 6th, so all you have to do is scroll down to Cartoon Network and look at the lineup.

8. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

That you think this is largely immaterial.

Except the concept of advertising just plum doesn't work that way. If you intend for people to watch something, you give them more than a week's notice, not less.

No. A non-Australian website just picked up on the fact that it was airing then. Do you get CN Australia in Missouri? Do you know for a fact that CN Australia hasn't aired any advertising yet? They could have been airing advertisements for the last two weeks and no one outside of Australia would know.

Think what you like. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but it defies any and all logic, reason and common sense, both conventionally and within the context of television advertising. Again, just think about it.

Furthermore, Yahoo! TV's grids have nothing but normal 30-minute Friday night shows listed and don't have any "TBA" block listed for next Friday either. You're seeing what you want to see and balking at the possibility that it's a complete mirage born of wishful thinking.

9. Reign G

Reign G Roggen and Rolan

Yes, it dosn't make sense that CN hasn't advertised it. But CN has been so caught up in their CNReal segment it wouldn't surprise me if they figured no one cared.

Either way, it's gonna be airing sometime in November; the DVD is out December 18th.

10. arceus7

arceus7 Arcane Of The Wild

cn reall is junk

11. JohnLee

No. I saw it on Cartoon Network's Australian website. Yes, I do know for a fact that they haven't aired any advertising yet. One, they're still in last season. Two, they stopped airing new episodes of pokemon. They've been on a break. DO you get CN Australia where ever you are?! DO you know for a fact that they've been airing advertisement for the new movie? You know just as much as I do, so stop acting like whatever you say is right. The movie was revealed in early September by the official Pokemon website. CN can air whatever they want, whenever they want. There's no pattern or logic when it comes to predicting things. You have your opinion and I have mine.

12. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

"Opinions" have absolutely nothing to do with this discussion nor does claiming as much automatically exempt you from the senseless arguments you're making. I'm sorry you intend to act like a child told that there's no Santa Claus simply because you're being told that television networks do not do movie premiere events with less than a week of advertising and if you feel that's the most civil and mature course of action in a discussion, I certainly can't stop you. Again, if that's how it ends up, then that's how it goes. However, there is absolutely nothing - not the programming grids, not common sense, not precedent, nothing - to suggest that will be case.

13. Yuppirox

Yuppirox hello

So, the movie has an airdate? Already? Jeez, that was early. But I'm not complaining; been anxiously awaiting this date to happen, no matter what country it's airing in.

Also:
    The matter on Chimchar's evolution should be interesting considering it's evolution episode isn't until the Saturday after this one, and Ash is shown to have Monferno in the movie. Major spoilers, much?

14. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

The official CN Schedule also says that Johnny Test, Batman etc is airing then

This is another case of you know who not doing his research

I'll let you guys know when an airdate appears

15. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

In the US there is NO confirmation for a November airing, and the December DVD release is Japan.

16. A_Merry_Snowrunt

A_Merry_Snowrunt Snorunt!

Good catch there; that proves a trial and error! I guess we can just let this argument lay to rest now.

17. ikusgca

ikusgca Member

i need help >.< plz
    how can i watch this channel on TV? do i have to pay extra fee each month?
    i live in sydney

18. mockingjay

mockingjay swift and lol

If you have Foxtel then you can watch it.

19. arceus7

arceus7 Arcane Of The Wild

serebii put it up on the site now

20. Typhlosion Trainer

Typhlosion Trainer Fire Trainer

Its interesting how CN online schedule says that the time slots are occupied by regular 30 min shows while TV Guide.com says that the time slots are TBA. I guess we cant really say if the movie will air friday or not. But you would think the CN online schedule is more reliable but they could be hiding the fact that the movie is about to premiere but i personally dont see why they would do that. Plus the episode where Chimchar evolves into Monferno does not air until Nov 13 (unless they surprise us with a 2 episode special one day this week, which I doubt). So I hope it airs the 6th but since somethings need to happen so it makes sense, I wouldnt expect it until, at the earliest, Nov 14th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.