1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

‘Arceus and the Jewel of Life’ in 2009 for America?!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by JohnLee, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arceus7

arceus7 Arcane Of The Wild

Arceus does sound like starscream but it sounds cool. I like the Australian accents too. The pronunciation is like that in the Destiny Deoxys movie. Remember they called it RayQUAYza instead of Rayquaza. Im starting to like the pronunciation of Arkeus better than Arceus.

2. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

they call it raQUAYza because of the Quazar part

3. Durden

Durden .

Wah, that preview was awesome. Red-clothed guy has a really fitting voice, so has Arceus (and yeah, slight Starscream resemblence). Not to mention, I didn't really see that kind of background music to be used in Pokemon! Epic, sir, epic.

Though... miss. Natochenny, you suck.

4. Lorde

Lorde Banned

What? No. She's really charming and she's grown on me.

This is her 4th movie and I think she did great.

5. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

No they didn't. When they give Pokémon their English names they decide how to pronounce them.

6. Oumba

Oumba Member

I was wondering when they're going to upload it on site? It's going to an incredible, an epic movie .

7. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

To all the people who thought PUSA would destroy the dub I have two words for you all. "WHAT NOW!"

8. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

People who convinced themselves that a Pokémon dubbed production was going to be any different than the last in terms of voices, content and music and that Pokémon is really a dub that can be destroyed in the first place aren't people who are going to see the trailer and think "wow, was I ever wrong."

9. csisps_26

csisps_26 Roark <3

I'm a little late on this, but... gee, Ash doesn't even sound angry (from the ad, at least). Marcus (lol, name doesn't sound as evil as Gishin) sound really good, & Sheena sounds OK. I like Arceus's voice. Not bad at all.

10. Cobalt_Latios

Cobalt_Latios Well-Known Member

I'm just going to throw this out there, but did this trailer have a very light "Tales of" vibe to it? I mean, Arceus using Judgement with all this epic look and all?

1) I sware Arceus sounding like Starscream is friggin' hilarious. Can you imagine the thing monologuing? LOL! JUDGEEEEMEEEENT!!!

Never trust the trailer. Learn that now. Also, this movie looks awesome.

I hate you all now. I can't look at Arceus anymore without thinking of Starscream. Thanks a lot... (lol).

Also: Arceus is pronounced [Ark-ee-us]? Since when? I've always been pronouncing it [Ar-See-us].

<C_L>

11. csisps_26

csisps_26 Roark <3

xD I see, I see.

Hmm, let's see... first, it was the Pokemon.com Mailbag post, then the Australian trailer, and finally, the movie. I think.

12. Cobalt_Latios

Okay, so it was my blatant ignorance then. Fair enough.

I still think Ar-see-us is easier to pronounce than Ark-ee-us. Though, I do get where the "Ark" comes from.

<C_L>

13. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

Ark-ee-us is the English pronunciation, Ar-see-us is the Japanese. Both are right.

14. Cobalt_Latios

Actually, I pronounce the Japanese one [A-roo-see-us](Aruseus).

Also, I'm going to be very curious to see who does the voices for this movie. I want to know who's voicing Arceus. If people are saying he sounds like Starscream, I'm not going to be able to take him seriously, being a god and all.

<C_L>

15. arceus7

arceus is not stupid sounding starscream though but he says time for revenge in the ad on youtube someone in this thread had posted

16. JohnLee

JohnLee Well-Known Member

I don't know which I like more, the English or the Japanese. The English pronunciation is catching on to me. So I was originally right with the Thanksgiving Break release for the movie. Haha sorry I got a little carried away there for a sec. Either way, it'll be a nice kick-off to my Thanksgiving break.

17. Cartoonami

Cartoonami To know the unkown

Coincidentally, the dub airs in America ten years and ten days after the premier of the 'First Movie'. Is this a coincidence, when it was released in Japan exactly 11 years after their first movie release?

18. arceus7

remove triple post please

19. yiruma

yiruma New Member

Pokemon movie 13 already announced

Pokemon Movie 13 has been announced. The trailer is at pokemon-movie.jp
    The movie will feature Ho-oh vs Lugia

20. Typhlosion Trainer

Typhlosion Trainer Fire Trainer

You are late. We all been knew about that since July.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.