• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

‘Arceus and the Jewel of Life’ in 2009 for America?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Arceus does sound like starscream but it sounds cool. I like the Australian accents too. The pronunciation is like that in the Destiny Deoxys movie. Remember they called it RayQUAYza instead of Rayquaza. Im starting to like the pronunciation of Arkeus better than Arceus.

halloweenghost

Arceus does sound like starscream but it sounds cool. I like the Australian accents too. The pronunciation is like that in the Destiny Deoxys movie. Remember they called it RayQUAYza instead of Rayquaza. Im starting to like the pronunciation of Arkeus better than Arceus.

they call it raQUAYza because of the Quazar part

Wah, that preview was awesome. Red-clothed guy has a really fitting voice, so has Arceus (and yeah, slight Starscream resemblence). Not to mention, I didn't really see that kind of background music to be used in Pokemon! Epic, sir, epic.

Though... miss. Natochenny, you suck.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Though... miss. Natochenny, you suck.

What? No. She's really charming and she's grown on me.

This is her 4th movie and I think she did great.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
To all the people who thought PUSA would destroy the dub I have two words for you all. "WHAT NOW!"

BCVM22

To all the people who thought PUSA would destroy the dub I have two words for you all.

People who convinced themselves that a Pokémon dubbed production was going to be any different than the last in terms of voices, content and music and that Pokémon is really a dub that can be destroyed in the first place aren't people who are going to see the trailer and think "wow, was I ever wrong."

csisps_26

Roark <3
I'm a little late on this, but... gee, Ash doesn't even sound angry (from the ad, at least). Marcus (lol, name doesn't sound as evil as Gishin) sound really good, & Sheena sounds OK. I like Arceus's voice. Not bad at all.

Cobalt_Latios

That trailer is pretty good and i'm all excited about finally seeing this movie!!! :D:D:D

Arceus' voice is good i really like it same with marcus

the trailer was beyond awesome! Just hearing the Latin chorus made it even more epic!
I'm just going to throw this out there, but did this trailer have a very light "Tales of" vibe to it? I mean, Arceus using Judgement with all this epic look and all?

1) I sware Arceus sounding like Starscream is friggin' hilarious. Can you imagine the thing monologuing? LOL! JUDGEEEEMEEEENT!!!

I'm a little late on this, but... gee, Ash doesn't even sound angry (from the ad, at least). Marcus (lol, name doesn't sound as evil as Gishin) sound really good, & Sheena sounds OK. I like Arceus's voice. Not bad at all.
Never trust the trailer. Learn that now. Also, this movie looks awesome.

I hate you all now. I can't look at Arceus anymore without thinking of Starscream. Thanks a lot... (lol).

Also: Arceus is pronounced [Ark-ee-us]? Since when? I've always been pronouncing it [Ar-See-us].

<C_L>

Cobalt_Latios

Hmm, let's see... first, it was the Pokemon.com Mailbag post, then the Australian trailer, and finally, the movie. I think.
Okay, so it was my blatant ignorance then. Fair enough.

I still think Ar-see-us is easier to pronounce than Ark-ee-us. Though, I do get where the "Ark" comes from.

<C_L>

Cobalt_Latios

Ark-ee-us is the English pronunciation, Ar-see-us is the Japanese. Both are right.
Actually, I pronounce the Japanese one [A-roo-see-us](Aruseus).

Also, I'm going to be very curious to see who does the voices for this movie. I want to know who's voicing Arceus. If people are saying he sounds like Starscream, I'm not going to be able to take him seriously, being a god and all.

<C_L>

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
arceus is not stupid sounding starscream though but he says time for revenge in the ad on youtube someone in this thread had posted

JohnLee

Ark-ee-us is the English pronunciation, Ar-see-us is the Japanese. Both are right.

I don't know which I like more, the English or the Japanese. The English pronunciation is catching on to me. So I was originally right with the Thanksgiving Break release for the movie. Haha sorry I got a little carried away there for a sec. Either way, it'll be a nice kick-off to my Thanksgiving break.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Coincidentally, the dub airs in America ten years and ten days after the premier of the 'First Movie'. Is this a coincidence, when it was released in Japan exactly 11 years after their first movie release?

yiruma

Pokemon movie 13 already announced

Pokemon Movie 13 has been announced. The trailer is at pokemon-movie.jp
The movie will feature Ho-oh vs Lugia

Status
Not open for further replies.