• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

‘Arceus and the Jewel of Life’ in 2009 for America?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
I'm so surprised that this is coming to America AFTER Australia.

Quick question: If I were to see the one that airs in Australia, would it be the exact same as the one that is coming to America? Or would the voice actors and what not be different?

StaryJirachi2

Body Shredder
Not unless Australian media is suddenly dubbed into Australianese or something.

Its not. Not one Simpsons episode I saw had diffrent voice actors from the American version so I would Imagine the same with Pokemon.

To me, this is quite shocking, as I get to watch Austar on Friday night and Saturday.(Austar is technicaly foxtel, so don't worry)

HoennMaster

Its interesting how CN online schedule says that the time slots are occupied by regular 30 min shows while TV Guide.com says that the time slots are TBA. I guess we cant really say if the movie will air friday or not. But you would think the CN online schedule is more reliable but they could be hiding the fact that the movie is about to premiere but i personally dont see why they would do that. Plus the episode where Chimchar evolves into Monferno does not air until Nov 13 (unless they surprise us with a 2 episode special one day this week, which I doubt). So I hope it airs the 6th but since somethings need to happen so it makes sense, I wouldnt expect it until, at the earliest, Nov 14th.

CN wouldn't hid the release date on their schedule, especially for one of their top shows. Also, it was revealed before you posted that the two episodes of Paul vs. Ash are not airing together.

Ok, so the U.S. airdate is November 20th. Two weeks from this Friday. The official site has a spoiler on it. Thankfully that spoiler is only two weeks away.

Last edited:
Now this is a first for the American premiere to show both movies in one year. Also, the date makes sense due to Arceus being available at Toys R' US during the week, perhaps that foretold something in the upcoming future. I'm looking forward like the rest of us! Judgment day comes to the Pokemon world in 18 days and only will then shall we witness what befalls our very eyes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Now this is a first for the American premiere to show both movies in one year. Also, the date makes sense due to Arceus being available at Toys R' US during the week, perhaps that foretold something in the upcoming future. I'm looking forward like the rest of us! Judgment day comes to the Pokemon world in 18 days and only will then shall we witness what befalls our very eyes.

What are you talking about? What Judgment shall befall us?

Last edited:

thunderblade12

So it's airing right after Ash's _____ evolves huh? I guess it makes since that they'd wait until after that the episode with that particular evolution to air these episodes rather then air it in early November like Austrailia. Has the episode with this orange fire and/or water type pokemon's evolution already aired in Austrailia? If not, massive spoilers for them. Hell, I don't even know if the episode where Staravia evolved has aired in Austrailia yet. Two evolutions may get spoiled for them.

Rex Kamex

^ Arceus's exclusive attack. (Aimed at the person above me.)

I forgot if I said already... I'm no longer not happy about the movie coming in 2009. But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna be upset about the whole issue with Japanese music thing. Heh... double negatives.

What I mean is, I won't justify how TPCI handles the background music by how they aired this movie early.

EDIT: By the way, I am greatly amused that Australia gets the movie before the US, and I'm not even an Australian. It's especially weird because I still wish Japan got the DS before we did, but whatever.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
HoennMaster said:
Ok, so the U.S. airdate is November 20th. Two weeks from this Friday. The official site has a spoiler on it. Thankfully that spoiler is only two weeks away.

It's good to see that the movie has a confirmed date even though I still think that they should've aired it in 2010 to keep it consistant. Oh well, the Arceus was came earlier than I expected.

HoennMaster

The only bad thing about this is that it is going to be one hell of a wait for the dub of Movie 13 unless they plan to release them every fall from now on.

Rex Kamex

... So how long have we known that Gishin's American name is Marcus? Or did I just reveal that right now?

It's on the American Pokemon movie site for the movie if the latter is true.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
...Marcus... the main villain's name is Marcus...

Honestly, I don't know if I can take him seriously, Heatran or no.

Rex Kamex

HoennMaster said:
It was just revealed.

By me or by someone else? Because I don't know whether to feel slightly excited that I revealed the name of a cartoon character of the movie of a foreign dub of a Japanese kids cartoon, or to just... move on.

when you think about it, ark-ee-us is better than are-say-us anyday.

Why?

FlashCannon

I Love Miltank!!
Well I live in america so I'll wait 2 weeks.

I absolutly hate cartoon network, the TWF is not even necessery, about a month ago CN messed up the time for yu gi oh 5ds and replaced the entire 30 mins with 12 year olds thumb wrestling, now yu gi oh is all fuked, they are about 30 episodes behide 4 kids in episodes and all.
And CN real, OH WOW. A wannabe ghost hunters with 15 year olds, a over energenitc pot heat screaming, fake Man Vs Wild and 4 teenagers pulling pranks. God I hate cartoon network, I just watch it for yu gi oh and pokemon...

Well I live in america so I'll wait 2 weeks.

I absolutly hate cartoon network, the TWF is not even necessery, about a month ago CN messed up the time for yu gi oh 5ds and replaced the entire 30 mins with 12 year olds thumb wrestling, now yu gi oh is all fuked, they are about 30 episodes behide 4 kids in episodes and all.
And CN real, OH WOW. A wannabe ghost hunters with 15 year olds, a over energenitc pot heat screaming, fake Man Vs Wild and 4 teenagers pulling pranks. God I hate cartoon network, I just watch it for yu gi oh and pokemon...

Ironically enough, the network is suppose to show cartoons, yet, now they're airing reality junk that's not worth watching nor producing (poor creators) since that show is just brainwashing the youngsters. The only thing I've been watching these days are Pokemon ,the music station Direct TV has "Watercolors" and I may watch a little football or hockey and that's that.

Yes, I'm 20 years old and this has been going through two years now. And yet, some television stations need saving, but that's the stations with cartoons that are causing them to decline. I'm hating that one by one. But for now, lets keep this on topic. Like I said, I feel as if I'm existing as apart of the media, like I have role to do, save American animation. Heck, the shows Canada airs are junk. Yet, I felt like making movies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.