• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

‘Arceus and the Jewel of Life’ in 2009 for America?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalt_Latios

So they come to stop Arceus?

This is news to me~
Sort of... I don't want to spoil anything (very odd, since I love spoiling myself), but I can say that Arceus, in general, is in a very very bad mood.

And, considering the attributes of a couple of characters in movie 12, and the end result of movie 11, and you'll figure it out.

<C_L>

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hmm well from what I had seen last summer in the trailers...

It appeared that the dragons were fighting and Arceus came to stop them. Though it makes some sense now that it appears to be the opposite. I did cheat a little the other day and I saw the first 10 minutes of the film :p

HoennMaster

I sort of did too. I just wanted to hear the new version of the Galactic Battles theme song.

I started to look at the pictures today, but I stopped. I really want this movie to be 100% surprise.

JohnLee

I sort of did too. I just wanted to hear the new version of the Galactic Battles theme song.

I started to look at the pictures today, but I stopped. I really want this movie to be 100% surprise.

I've done the same thing. I watched the first 10 minutes or so and made myself stop! Then when Serebii posted the pics, I clicked on them and then hated myself for doing so. Just 10 more days! We can do that!

Cobalt_Latios

Hmm well from what I had seen last summer in the trailers...

It appeared that the dragons were fighting and Arceus came to stop them. Though it makes some sense now that it appears to be the opposite. I did cheat a little the other day and I saw the first 10 minutes of the film :p
Pfft, I dled the whole thing and watch chunks of it at school on the big screen computers.

You could have just searched it on YouTube, I found the Galactic Battles theme song there as well. I think it's the best one PUSA has done, besides the "We Will be Heroes" one. That one... not the typical style. Very glad of what they did here.

Yeah, I can't help myself. I posted quite a bit in the movie section. All I can say is: Dialga is god of time for a reason.

<C_L>

BlueDragonfangirl

This could have been said already, but the thread expanded way beyound to where I can't look through it. So I heard from Toon Zone, which is a good source to get info on. November 20th yes.

laronde

Before I post what I thought about the movies (which will be in the "spoiler" of this post), I gotta ask to those people who want to see the movie so badly, why not just Youtube it? There's already the 9 parts if you want to see it.

Anyway, onto the movie. I'd have to say the movie was one of the better ones through out the entire franchise (I stopped liking the movies after the 2nd one, Destiny Deoxys was only worth watching because of the insane battle in the city, however the last three films are getting better). However, I have some griefs, mainly how they handled Arceus, it wasn't bad and certainly worked with what the movie was aiming for, but compared to what I have expected, Arceus was a totally different thing.

The backstory on how he saved the world also made me "meh" (He creates the entire universe but can't take on a huge asteroid, which is part of his creation, without dying? Gets defeated by hundreds of slave Pokemon? Yeah, I guess "God" isn't so tough).

Also, the way they made Arceus too talkative and emotional/sensitive repulsed me a bit.

Now, I don't know about you guys, but when I've first heard about the existence of Arceus, I had to check him out. Tried to Action Replay cheat to unlock the event and damn it is amazing. It had such an effect on me using the Azure Flute (Oh damn! The theme!) and climbing those golden stares to capture the legendary Arceus.

Arceus had such mysteries surrounding him it made me go gaga on wanting to know more. And the less you knew about him, the cooler he was. I think it would have been better if they made him mute or less talkative (if he wore to talk, it should have been in a monotone voice).
Strangely however, I thought the voice actor who did Arceus did a good and bad job all at the same time.

The thing they did Arceus in the game were very fitting, the very vague side story you could read on Diamond and Pearl (which can be found here if you didn't read it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKW4N8-5JNU, the themes :
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_h9Tu2Qd-8, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3xZa9hY3qg&feature=video_response, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtSN_rcYM44) and the overall atmosphere. It's disappointing that they didn't include much from the game onto the movie.

However, I can see why they choose to go with the way they went, there wouldn't be much of a fight if Arceus wasn't angry.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I didn't get to watch it on TV because of a little thing called "a job", but...damn, the movie turnaround time has REALLY decreased since they changed dubbers, hasn't it? I know part of it's that the current company only has to deal with Pokemon(whereas 4Kids had a bunch of anime on its plate), but jeez.

It's going to be so bizarre seeing the dub before the Japanese version. Especially since the last dub thing I watched was bits of move 11, just to hear what Shaymin sounded like(since people were complaining about it).

Cobalt_Latios

I didn't get to watch it on TV because of a little thing called "a job", but...damn, the movie turnaround time has REALLY decreased since they changed dubbers, hasn't it? I know part of it's that the current company only has to deal with Pokemon(whereas 4Kids had a bunch of anime on its plate), but jeez.
Tell me about it. I mean, I'm so used to knowing that I have to wait for the Japanese version to come out, then wait patiently for them to dub it. Not the case anymore it seems.

It's going to be so bizarre seeing the dub before the Japanese version. Especially since the last dub thing I watched was bits of move 11, just to hear what Shaymin sounded like(since people were complaining about it).
Heh, I still have both movies 10 and 11 somewhere on my computer (subbed and dubbed). I was hoping to add movie 12 to that list... but I may not. Shaymin didn't sound bad. I actually think it suited her character.

<C_L>

i watched it on youtube, i didn't really think it was anything special, they made it seem like it was gonna be the movie to end all movies, totally was not the case at all

BCVM22

It's Movie 12 of lord knows how many there will be when all is said and done. If you really believed it would be this one movie that would be the "end all, be all", the misconception is largely yours.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
it is just the end of that sinnoh saga. then there is gonna be a movie involving ho-oh and lugia fighting each other.(i know i saw the trailer) i mean i dont get why they are rushing it. we did just get the 11 movie and bam! in six days we are getting no.12.
*sigh* PUSA you are soooo damn confusing.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
cuz now he doesnt know what to see next. movie 13 might just pop up out of nowhere like movie 12 did.

BCVM22

cuz now he doesnt know what to see next. movie 13 might just pop up out of nowhere like movie 12 did.

That's called "being a dunce and creating your own confusion." Movie 12 will be out in America in less than a week. Movie 13 won't even see its Japanese theatrical release for another eight months. Is someone really trying to make the case that "they don't know what to see next"? Really?

Honestly, people.

Buoydog

Buizel Fanboy
Released too quickly? Released too late? There's no pleasing some people.

I'm tired of people who complain about things just so they can feel smart.

Cobalt_Latios

Released too quickly? Released too late? There's no pleasing some people.

I'm tired of people who complain about things just so they can feel smart.
Yup, welcome to the Internet; nothing is hidden, and you may not like everything you seek, even if you were expecting it.

<C_L>

Status
Not open for further replies.