• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

“I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

vodor

Banned
Its like the Title suggest !
Suppose You watch a Anime long time a ago.
And You want to watch it again now But you don't remember that anime's name.
You only remember few detail about the anime.
Well , Then Post those hint here.
If anyone know the Anime that fit your description they he/she will tell you that Anime name.
Plus , If You have a story in your mind and want to know if there any anime based on that Story then you can ask here.
For Example :
I'm Looking for a Anime I seen in CN back in my childhood.

-It was a Mecha anime.

-It was about a war where the protagonist was fighting for a princess.

-At first the main character used a yellow color Mecha.

-There was another Mysterious White Mecha that could move without a Pilot.

-That Mecha Usually show up in middle of the battle where it turn itself into a White orb and fuse itself with various Mecha.

-Whenever it fuse with other Mecha , Those Mecha somehow transform into a Animal mecha.
For example , When it fuse with the Protagonist first Mecha , It transform into a Tiger.
And when if Fuse another character Mecha , His Mecha become a Dragon.

-Anyway , When the Dragon Mecha got seriously damage in a fight So The Mysterious Mecha somehow goes to the main character who was traped and chose him as its pilot

-Anyway , After that The protagonist can call upon that Mecha by using his knife.

-Also there was a guy who usually stay close to the princess. He was like a love rival but he betray the princess & her nation. He also defected the Protagonist's previous Mecha who was in its Tiger form.

I don't remember the name of this Anime.
So Does anyone here Know that Anime ?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Poor grammar in the title of the thread!

Joking aside, I'm going to take a shot at this and guess "Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure" from what Google has given me.

vodor

Banned
Poor grammar in the title of the thread!

Joking aside, I'm going to take a shot at this and guess "Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure" from what Google has given me.
Sorry , But The event of the Anime I'm looking for took place in future.
Plus , There were other male who can use Mecha.
I think there were 2 other male Protagonist beside the Main Protagonist.
Iirc "Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure" aired on TechTV aka G4TV, not Cartoon Network.

Anyway, was it Zoids or some Gundam series?
No , I don't think it was Zoids .
Because In the Anime I'm look for , The Mecha transform into a Anime when that Mysterious Mecha fuse with them.
There was a gundam Protagonist who redeemable that Anime's Protagonist.
But the Story is difference.
Plus , I seen the anime so long ago that I might clearly remember the protagonist face.
All I remember that he wears a sleeveless black outfit.

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Iirc "Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure" aired on TechTV aka G4TV, not Cartoon Network.

Anyway, was it Zoids or some Gundam series?
Like I said, took a wild guess.

I bet you $20 that those threads still get started every now and then.
They do and let's hope this one does too, the title's got poor grammar.

Ah well, I fixed up the title a bit and turned it into a sticky. Maybe it'll get more recognition that way.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Screw what the first guy said, I'm using this thread as a recommend me something thread. Looking for a show that will hook you from the get-go, has minimal fan service, a great amount of suspense, isn't filled to the brim with cliches, and has a legal stream.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
^ lol

Anyway, the only anime I can think of that matches a great majority of your wants (I have no idea what you mean by "a legal stream", and I'm not sure if there are any clichés in the anime) is Monster. Fanservice is minimal because any fanservice that does exist (e.g. prostitutes) is shown as an ugly thing or is in an ugly situation, which you don't see often. Also has great characters, great atmosphere, and possibly the best villain ever. You can go with either the English sub or dub, both are great.

EDIT: Jb (below hi I come to you 20 minutes from the future) mentioned Crunchyroll. Though I don't think Monster is on Crunchyroll, it is on Hulu (have to be a member or pay, though), on YouTube under a channel, and a subbed version is available on Netflix.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Screw what the first guy said, I'm using this thread as a recommend me something thread. Looking for a show that will hook you from the get-go, has minimal fan service, a great amount of suspense, isn't filled to the brim with cliches, and has a legal stream.

What do you mean by legal stream? Like watchable on Crunchyroll and the like?

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Monster is also available on Viz Anime.

You live in the US, right?

Ga-Rei-Zero is an action-packed show about a defence group called the Supernatural Disaster Countermeasures Division. It has a great central relationship between the two leads, with a main character that really grows realistically as an individual. It opens fantastically (you're going to have to trust me on this, because elaborating would spoil it) - the first episode alone should convince you that the show will not depend on clichés to deliver impact. The show deals with duty, sacrifice and friendship, and is suspenseful in the sense that I couldn't always guess what was coming, and even when I could, I wanted to see how it was going to happen. Despite the tragic elements, it's not a show that drowns in melancholy. The series is available on FUNimation's YouTube channel.

Eden of the East is also very good. I can't really describe it better than themightydoof did, so I'll link to his recommendation here. It's also available on FUNimation's YouTube channel.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Hm... I'm looking for an Anime.... like, all I remember are these plant like eyeballs... They're yellow and have vines but with eyeballs, BIG ones and, also these coins. They're huge... it's like big as a gong. They're gold coins. I believe there's two main characters. They're kids. A boy and a girl... that's all I remember actually.

Does anyone know what Anime this is? nya~

ParaChomp

be your own guru
You live in the US, right?

Ga-Rei-Zero is an action-packed show about a defence group called the Supernatural Disaster Countermeasures Division. It has a great central relationship between the two leads, with a main character that really grows realistically as an individual. It opens fantastically (you're going to have to trust me on this, because elaborating would spoil it) - the first episode alone should convince you that the show will not depend on clichés to deliver impact. The show deals with duty, sacrifice and friendship, and is suspenseful in the sense that I couldn't always guess what was coming, and even when I could, I wanted to see how it was going to happen. Despite the tragic elements, it's not a show that drowns in melancholy. The series is available on FUNimation's YouTube channel.

Eden of the East is also very good. I can't really describe it better than themightydoof did, so I'll link to his recommendation here. It's also available on FUNimation's YouTube channel.
Canuck. I'll check them out and act from there.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Like a sticky has ever stopped people making duplicate threads before.

I'll give you this one. It does help make a person look more like an idiot when they do though.

Yer talking to me? Uhm, I don't quite rememeber coz I was lik 8 years old, and I dunno the plot or language of it...nya~

That's helpful.