1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

“I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by vodor, Oct 14, 2012.

1. vodor

vodor Banned

Its like the Title suggest !
    Suppose You watch a Anime long time a ago.
    And You want to watch it again now But you don't remember that anime's name.
    You only remember few detail about the anime.
    Well , Then Post those hint here.
    If anyone know the Anime that fit your description they he/she will tell you that Anime name.
    Plus , If You have a story in your mind and want to know if there any anime based on that Story then you can ask here.
    For Example :
    I'm Looking for a Anime I seen in CN back in my childhood.

-It was a Mecha anime.

-It was about a war where the protagonist was fighting for a princess.

-At first the main character used a yellow color Mecha.

-There was another Mysterious White Mecha that could move without a Pilot.

-That Mecha Usually show up in middle of the battle where it turn itself into a White orb and fuse itself with various Mecha.

-Whenever it fuse with other Mecha , Those Mecha somehow transform into a Animal mecha.
    For example , When it fuse with the Protagonist first Mecha , It transform into a Tiger.
    And when if Fuse another character Mecha , His Mecha become a Dragon.

-Anyway , When the Dragon Mecha got seriously damage in a fight So The Mysterious Mecha somehow goes to the main character who was traped and chose him as its pilot

-Anyway , After that The protagonist can call upon that Mecha by using his knife.

-Also there was a guy who usually stay close to the princess. He was like a love rival but he betray the princess & her nation. He also defected the Protagonist's previous Mecha who was in its Tiger form.

I don't remember the name of this Anime.
    So Does anyone here Know that Anime ?

2. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Poor grammar in the title of the thread!

Joking aside, I'm going to take a shot at this and guess "Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure" from what Google has given me.

Asuka likes this.
  3. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Iirc "Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure" aired on TechTV aka G4TV, not Cartoon Network.

Anyway, was it Zoids or some Gundam series?

Asuka likes this.
  4. vodor

vodor Banned

Sorry , But The event of the Anime I'm looking for took place in future.
    Plus , There were other male who can use Mecha.
    I think there were 2 other male Protagonist beside the Main Protagonist.
    No , I don't think it was Zoids .
    Because In the Anime I'm look for , The Mecha transform into a Anime when that Mysterious Mecha fuse with them.
    There was a gundam Protagonist who redeemable that Anime's Protagonist.
    But the Story is difference.
    Plus , I seen the anime so long ago that I might clearly remember the protagonist face.
    All I remember that he wears a sleeveless black outfit.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  5. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

This actually ain't that bad of a thread idea. Seeing as every so often this kind of subject comes up it'd be good to have a general thread for it.

6. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

I bet you $20 that those threads still get started every now and then.

7. ParaChomp

Like I said, took a wild guess.

They do and let's hope this one does too, the title's got poor grammar.

8. Sweet May

Sweet May o.o

Ah well, I fixed up the title a bit and turned it into a sticky. Maybe it'll get more recognition that way.

9. Charizard Champion#06

For the best really. Now we don't have to worry about new threads asking about anime and Jolteon91 owes me $20.

10. ParaChomp

Screw what the first guy said, I'm using this thread as a recommend me something thread. Looking for a show that will hook you from the get-go, has minimal fan service, a great amount of suspense, isn't filled to the brim with cliches, and has a legal stream.

11. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie All I want for Christmas is you...

^ lol

Anyway, the only anime I can think of that matches a great majority of your wants (I have no idea what you mean by "a legal stream", and I'm not sure if there are any clichés in the anime) is Monster. Fanservice is minimal because any fanservice that does exist (e.g. prostitutes) is shown as an ugly thing or is in an ugly situation, which you don't see often. Also has great characters, great atmosphere, and possibly the best villain ever. You can go with either the English sub or dub, both are great.

EDIT: Jb (below hi I come to you 20 minutes from the future) mentioned Crunchyroll. Though I don't think Monster is on Crunchyroll, it is on Hulu (have to be a member or pay, though), on YouTube under a channel, and a subbed version is available on Netflix.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  12. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

What do you mean by legal stream? Like watchable on Crunchyroll and the like?

13. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Vegetable of Doom!

Monster is also available on Viz Anime.

You live in the US, right?

Ga-Rei-Zero is an action-packed show about a defence group called the Supernatural Disaster Countermeasures Division. It has a great central relationship between the two leads, with a main character that really grows realistically as an individual. It opens fantastically (you're going to have to trust me on this, because elaborating would spoil it) - the first episode alone should convince you that the show will not depend on clichés to deliver impact. The show deals with duty, sacrifice and friendship, and is suspenseful in the sense that I couldn't always guess what was coming, and even when I could, I wanted to see how it was going to happen. Despite the tragic elements, it's not a show that drowns in melancholy. The series is available on FUNimation's YouTube channel.

Eden of the East is also very good. I can't really describe it better than themightydoof did, so I'll link to his recommendation here. It's also available on FUNimation's YouTube channel.

14. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Hm... I'm looking for an Anime.... like, all I remember are these plant like eyeballs... They're yellow and have vines but with eyeballs, BIG ones and, also these coins. They're huge... it's like big as a gong. They're gold coins. I believe there's two main characters. They're kids. A boy and a girl... that's all I remember actually.

Does anyone know what Anime this is? nya~

15. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Was it dubbed or did you watch it in Japanese? Do you remember what channel it came on?

16. ParaChomp

Canuck. I'll check them out and act from there.

17. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

Like a sticky has ever stopped people making duplicate threads before.

Asuka likes this.
  18. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Yer talking to me? Uhm, I don't quite rememeber coz I was lik 8 years old, and I dunno the plot or language of it...nya~

19. Charizard Champion#06

I'll give you this one. It does help make a person look more like an idiot when they do though.

That's helpful.

20. vodor

vodor Banned

How many anime out there where the protagonist summon a Mecha by using a Knife ???