• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

“I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

Haunter ゴースト

I've heard good things about Durarara too, now I'm worried about watching it haha. :p

Honestly, i wouldn't worry. I seem to be the only one who disliked it despite being somebody who loves that type of setting and genre haha.

Most people love it, go for it ^ ^.

But yes, just start watching Fate/zero and see if you like it. Once I started watching it, I could hardly wait before watching the next episode. :D

Yeah, i'm really hoping for a gripping anime where i can't stop watching so i'll take your word for it. Recent animes i've watched have been quite slow to watch. Not that they weren't good, just that they couldn't pull me in like others.

Agreed. Though personally, I preferred that part of Another when everything was still creepy and mysterious. ^^

I did enjoy that, just the payoff at the end was brilliant and... insane (just like Mirai Nikki).

Navin

MALDREAD
Honestly, i wouldn't worry. I seem to be the only one who disliked it despite being somebody who loves that type of setting and genre haha.

Most people love it, go for it ^ ^.

Yeah, i'm really hoping for a gripping anime where i can't stop watching so i'll take your word for it. Recent animes i've watched have been quite slow to watch. Not that they weren't good, just that they couldn't pull me in like others.

I did enjoy that, just the payoff at the end was brilliant and... insane (just like Mirai Nikki).

I don't think I've met anyone who disliked Fate/Zero. First episode can be a bit daunting (watch it a second time), but stick with it.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Can anybody recommend me an anime like Mirai Nikki?

A life and death kind of situational show. I really dig anything with Psychological, Action, Drama or Thriller elements to it.
Kaiji is light on action, but it's a pure thriller in which the main character is constantly hitting rock bottom, having to rely on only his wits to get him through high-stakes underground gambling events.

Haunter ゴースト

I don't think I've met anyone who disliked Fate/Zero. First episode can be a bit daunting (watch it a second time), but stick with it.

Kaiji is light on action, but it's a pure thriller in which the main character is constantly hitting rock bottom, having to rely on only his wits to get him through high-stakes underground gambling events.

Both shows are on my plan to watch list - thanks guys.

Janovy

Banned

Pyroli

Banned
Looking for an anime similar to Neon Genesis Evangelion. Also wondering if anyone would recommend Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because a lot of people have been trying to get me to watch that lately.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Which one of these should I watch next:

* Attack on Titan
* Parasyte -the maxim-
* No Game No Life
* Golden Time

Parasyte or No Game No Life. AoT isn't as good as the hype says, and Golden Time isn't that great

Darkeus

Looking for an anime similar to Neon Genesis Evangelion. Also wondering if anyone would recommend Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because a lot of people have been trying to get me to watch that lately.

I haven't watched it myself yet, but I've heard Bokurano is a lot like Evangelion. In fact, it's supposedly even darker.

Haunter ゴースト

Just thought i'd update people who helped recommend shows a while back.

I watched Kaiji Series 1 and 2. Loved it, definetly one of my favourite shows. Gave it a 9/10. Everything about it was just intense and the thriller aspect was brilliant - i literally couldn't stop watching.

Finally started Fate/Zero and have gotten to Episode 10 and if i'm being completely honest, i'm not really enjoying it. Finding it quite boring and the battles aren't as good as i'd hoped they were going to be. I was unsure about watching it but everywhere and anywhere was telling me to check it out so i have.

I can appreciate that it's a good show, like the animation, music, story/lore is all good in perspective - i'm just not really enjoying it and unsure why. I love action/fighting anime as well so it has been quite disappointing/surprising. Currently i'd rate it 5 out of 10 based on enjoyment.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Finally started Fate/Zero and have gotten to Episode 10 and if i'm being completely honest, i'm not really enjoying it. Finding it quite boring and the battles aren't as good as i'd hoped they were going to be. The whole magic/mage power thing never has been a big interest of mine so i was unsure about watching it but everywhere and anywhere was telling me to check it out so i have. I can appreciate that it's a good show, like the animation, music, story/lore is all good in perspective - i'm just not really enjoying it and unsure why. I love action/fighting anime as well so it has been quite disappointing/surprising. Currently i'd rate it 5 out of 10 based on enjoyment.

Hmm, I mean I enjoyed the first half too, but I can sort of see why you might be feeling why it's slow. Don't stop watching. It gets better. Second half is definitely better than first half. Maybe part of the problem is that we overhyped the show for you, although it is considered one of the best anime.

Haunter ゴースト

Hmm, I mean I enjoyed the first half too, but I can sort of see why you might be feeling why it's slow. Don't stop watching. It gets better. Second half is definitely better than first half. Maybe part of the problem is that we overhyped the show for you, although it is considered one of the best anime.

It has been hyped a lot, but i don't ever let hype kill things for me. I'm just not gripped by it. Other than Ryder, most characters aren't diverse enough or their personality relies on one trait or emotion.

As well, a lot of conversations end up saying what needs to be said but lasting too long and becoming boring.

I'll stick with it for the sake of saying i've seen such a high rated show though. It's weird I also didn't like Durarara! another highly viewed anime.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I can appreciate that it's a good show, like the animation, music, story/lore is all good in perspective - i'm just not really enjoying it and unsure why. I love action/fighting anime as well so it has been quite disappointing/surprising. Currently i'd rate it 5 out of 10 based on enjoyment.
Yeah, I get that. Sometimes you can recognize a show as well-written, well-directed and stuff but even so you will not necessarily find it enjoyable. As you said yourself, you don't enjoy the magic stuff all that much so it's understandable if you're not into the show.

Haunter ゴースト

Yeah, I get that. Sometimes you can recognize a show as well-written, well-directed and stuff but even so you will not necessarily find it enjoyable. As you said yourself, you don't enjoy the magic stuff all that much so it's understandable if you're not into the show.

Yeah cheers, a lot of people would tell me where to shove it and get better taste in shows. I don't know why i said i didn't like magic type stuff because i do i take that back, i was tired last night though. I like it, it's just dependant on how it's executed, and i do like some kind of explanation for magic existing, FMA and FMAB are two of my favourite anime's of all time and as most know, the magic aspect is treated as alchemy and the laws of it all make sense that nothing can be made without an equal sacifice.

I appreciate the recommendation, i did need/want to check it out because of it's popularity. I've finished S1 now anyway, i'll get to S2 sometime this week.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
Yeah cheers, a lot of people would tell me where to shove it and get better taste in shows. I don't know why i said i didn't like magic type stuff because i do i take that back, i was tired last night though. I like it, it's just dependant on how it's executed, and i do like some kind of explanation for magic existing, FMA and FMAB are two of my favourite anime's of all time and as most know, the magic aspect is treated as alchemy and the laws of it all make sense that nothing can be made without an equal sacifice.

I appreciate the recommendation, i did need/want to check it out because of it's popularity. I've finished S1 now anyway, i'll get to S2 sometime this week.

I felt the same way when I first watched Fate/Zero. I changed my mind when I rewatched it after I finished UBW. Fate Zero is a lot more enjoyable if you have some Fate/stay night knowledge. Now Fate Zero is one of my favorites with Saber and Rider being my favorite characters.

Can anybody recommend me an anime like Mirai Nikki?

A life and death kind of situational show. I really dig anything with Psychological, Action, Drama or Thriller elements to it.

You could check out Elfen Lied. I dislike both Mirai and Elfen, but many people who love Mirai Nikki seem to also love Elfen Lied, since both anime have similar vipe. The heroine in both anime are Yandere type. Check out this link for more recommendations: http://myanimelist.net/anime/10620/Mirai_Nikki_(TV)/userrecs

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Both are, dark, mature, and unique stories which aren't afraid to extend the boundaries of their genres + Interesting characters with unique motives, emotions, and interests yet you can still relate to them. I'm a fan of both NGE and Madoka.

Last edited:

MrRoo

March towards love
Hey! With Blood Blockade Battlefront coming to a close in a few weeks (sadly), I was wondering if anyone could recommend an anime with a similar world-building atmosphere? For specifics, I guess something with elements of sci-fi/sci-fi fantasy or cyberpunk. Maybe a balance between the comedy and drama? I've already seen Trigun and I'm in the process of completing Cowboy Bebop (if that helps with any recommending).

And just putting it out there, is Space Dandy any good?

If you're looking for all that then Gintama is a good recommendation. But be ready the comedy is heavy on it, but it
is still a brilliant show. As for Space Dandy I haven't really watched it yet, but it seems good.