• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

“I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

Xionea

Half a centaur
Im looking for good scary anime. I've tried Higurashi but sometimes it was just nasty. Oh and any romantic comedy.

For scary anime, Insanity_ said the ones I know of. Although they aren't really "jump out of your seat" kind of scary.
But for romantic comedy, Acchi Kocchi is a great one. The subtle romantic feelings are adorable to watch and the comedy is hilarious.

Thanks

Thanks very much you guy's very much. By scary I mean Like thriller type stuff. I know nowadays most people take gory as scary, but something less nasty would be nice. Thanks again

Xionea

Half a centaur
Any good Battle Royale-type anime out there? Anyone who knows me knows I've seen Mirai Nikki about a trillion times because I love it so much, so something that is similar to that would be nice.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Any good Battle Royale-type anime out there? Anyone who knows me knows I've seen Mirai Nikki about a trillion times because I love it so much, so something that is similar to that would be nice.
You could resume Eden of the East. You won't have encountered the battle royale aspect yet, and a lot of it's more mental than physical, but it's a very good series.

Fate/Zero is another one you might enjoy. Its balance of mental and physical battles is closer to that of The Future Diary than Eden of the East's is, so it might be closer to what you're looking for (even if I preferred Eden of the East personally).

Last edited:

absolalone111

Any of you know any good sort of gang, or criminal based anime, preferably with kids involved? Kinda like if you got durarara, removed the magic, and just made it about teenage gang wars. Only thing I could find like this was Tokyo tribe 2 which was pretty dope, but most of the characters where all in their early 20s iirc.

AyameTori

solitude sometimes is best society
I am looking for an adventure anime, one where someone goes travelling far distances, romance and action is great with me too just not all about boys and relationships, but a good adventure anime with a romantic relationship and alot of action is perfect!

absolalone111

I am looking for an adventure anime, one where someone goes travelling far distances, romance and action is great with me too just not all about boys and relationships, but a good adventure anime with a romantic relationship and alot of action is perfect!
TTGL if you haven't already seen it. It is indeed very actiony, with a lot of traveling and romance too. If your looking for something without traveling, Btooom is also pretty decent.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Have you seen Eureka Seven?

What's this anime right here?

(has sound)

TTGL if you haven't already seen it. It is indeed very actiony, with a lot of traveling and romance too. If your looking for something without traveling, Btooom is also pretty decent.

lol, all attempts at romance in TTGL were shameless.

Because Kamina dies when Yoko falls in love with him. Same thing happens with Kittan.

Last edited:

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
lol, all attempts at romance in TTGL were shameless.

Because Kamina dies when Yoko falls in love with him. Same thing happens with Kittan.
[spoil]you forgot nia disappearing once simon gets married with her. derp.[/spoil]

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Yeah so they didn't actually get to romantically love eachother for very long, did they?

[spoil]they probably did during the four(? i don't remember really) years that weren't shown but it's not like we got to see anything other than simon giving her the ring lol... ttgl just decided to break everything off before anything could even happen so it wouldn't be like eureka 7. not like either weren't good anyway.[/spoil]