• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

“I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

Lucille

I'm looking for something similar to Death Note, Code Geass and Gantz. Something that completely screws with your mind and you can't wait to watch the next episode

andreaf

I recommend you Steins;gate, it is about time travel but not in a trivial way. A group of friends made a timetravel machine modifying a microwave oven, they can only send sms back to the past but...
The plot is really interesting, there is a lot of psychological depth of the characters and is really enjoying to see how things change every time they send a "d-mail", a sms back to the past. In the first episode they show you like 5 or 6 unexplicable misteries and some of them are explained only in the last 2 episodes.

AK Adam

What to put here...
I'm looking for something similar to Death Note, Code Geass and Gantz. Something that completely screws with your mind and you can't wait to watch the next episode
I would recommend Angel Beats. The story is about an amnesiac who ends up in the afterlife. There is a major plot twist about every 3rd episode, the characterization is mostly good, although they could do better on some characters. The action is good, and there are some emotionally moving moments.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Kaiji, a psychological drama about a man who goes into dept but is given the offer to gamble it off. It takes a few episodes to pick up but once it gets going, it hooks you in real good. The gambles are a bit weird though (like playing rock-paper-scissors using cards) and they always have another layer to them which always hits you really hard. The antagonists can be so corrupt at times. Bar the titular character, the series does severely lack in the character development but aside from that and the very unique art-style; it's an outstanding series. Everyone I have shown this series to has always come out satisfied.

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
Im looking for an anime that is mostly plot focused and has some nice action scenes, something similar to the last airbender. Please no blood/gore and suggestive themes.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Im looking for an anime that is mostly plot focused and has some nice action scenes, something similar to the last airbender. Please no blood/gore and suggestive themes.
Ugh...considering how the medium is, that's going to be tricky to find. People, don't pick on her for the example, they did nothing wrong. Can you be a bit more detailed on what you're looking for?

Mr Awesome

Leafy Trainer

I would suggest Zestun no tempest! really interesting plot with good action scenes

Valkyrie Cain

damn, dis-moi

That'd be kind of hard, but if you want something similar to TLA, try The Legend of Korra. Fairy Tail might be a good one for you to watch, there are some nice action scenes and it is quite plot focused so...

ParaChomp

be your own guru
That'd be kind of hard, but if you want something similar to TLA, try The Legend of Korra.
[IMG200]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/249/514/615.jpg[/IMG200]

I'm not complaining, it's a good follow-up to Avatar: the Last Airbender but watch your slang around these parts before people explode with fan fuelled fury.

Fairy Tail might be a good one for you to watch, there are some nice action scenes and it is quite plot focused so...
No, Fairy Tail's plot is horrid and is more episodic fun. Predictable episodic fun to boot, nothing's unique and the girls...well, at least they're better than the other ones in that other show. A note to people in general, read reviews before posting or checking out something someone has recommended you. In case of Fairy Tail, here you go (scroll down for the reviews and click on the links to open them).

Valkyrie Cain

damn, dis-moi
[IMG200]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/249/514/615.jpg[/IMG200]

I'm not complaining, it's a good follow-up to Avatar: the Last Airbender but watch your slang around these parts before people explode with fan fuelled fury.

No, Fairy Tail's plot is horrid and is more episodic fun. Predictable episodic fun to boot, nothing's unique and the girls...well, at least they're better than the other ones in that other show. A note to people in general, read reviews before posting or checking out something someone has recommended you. In case of Fairy Tail, here you go (scroll down for the reviews and click on the links to open them).

I'm just saying that if he liked ATLA, then he check out LoK, that's all.

I don't think that, but you do. I will agree, though, that Fairy Tail does play more on the episodic fun factor over the plot. The plot is cool though, in my opinion.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I'm struggling to think up series that fit those specifications perfectly that are on par with the Avatar series. I can, however, recommend Summer Wars. It's a movie rather than a series (about two hours long), but the virtual world is wonderfully colourful and has some sweet action scenes, the diversity and depth of the enormous family is insane for such a running time, and it grows in scale quickly without seeming rushed, which adds to the delightful sense of everyone pulling together for victory by the end.

Last edited:

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all the sugestions.

BTW I have seen LoK and I am eagerly awaiting season2

Well, I finally have some spare time to watch anime. However, I saw a couple eps of this one show some time ago, but I forgot the name. I think it's a bishounen anime that focuses around samurai. There's a lot of different samurai/princes and they're overly dressed up in armour and jewels. One guy has blonde hair and he looks like he's a prince that comes from Europe or something. That's all I can remember for now. I don't even remember the plot. :/

EDIT: Never mind. After a long search, I've found it. It's called Sengoku Paradise Kiwami.

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Now I know what I was thinking of, Gundam 00. The Gundam franchise is a series of science fiction war dramas where the main line of offence being massive robots. 00's pretty good but maybe start off with Wing first.

CR0WN66

Hey, i am lookin for an anime i was watching about 5-7 years ago,maybe.All i can remember from it is that the main protagonist was a blond boxer that was always wearing a red outfit.the plot revolved around 7 colored crystals that gave their holders specific powers and when they fused with the crystals they changed their apperance drastically.there were 7 crystals and one additioonal black one which belonged to the villain,who was also a boxer(i think,not sure) . one of the crystal owner was a samurai. that is all i can remember . hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'm looking for a good series similar to Gundam. Before you ask, I've seen every Gundam.

By "similar to Gundam" do you mean something in the mecha or military genre? I'll recommend you some that I've already seen, but keep in mind that I am a huge fan for dramas/psychological thrillers. Off the top of my head:

-Eureka Seven
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Code Geass
-Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 (I've only seen the remake. Iirc, it doesn't have giant flying robots, but it does have a mecha/police theme)
-RahXephon
-Heroman still waiting for an Ultimo anime >.>
-Power Dolls (Meh, it's an oav and kinda old)

Here's some that I've heard/know of, but didn't see:

-Shin Mazinger Shogeki!
-Patlabor

Hey, i am lookin for an anime i was watching about 5-7 years ago,maybe.All i can remember from it is that the main protagonist was a blond boxer that was always wearing a red outfit.the plot revolved around 7 colored crystals that gave their holders specific powers and when they fused with the crystals they changed their apperance drastically.there were 7 crystals and one additioonal black one which belonged to the villain,who was also a boxer(i think,not sure) . one of the crystal owner was a samurai. that is all i can remember . hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!

The first thing that popped up in my head is Power Stone. Don't know though.