• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

“I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Okay, I just finished watching "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" and I really like the feel of the show. Does anyone here have any recommendations? The show is fantasy but you rarely notice that fact, just on occasions the character will do things like: Jump through time, battle an alien, go to another dimension, stuff like that, but that doesn't happen very often, its more of a humor based show. So basically a humor based show with some Fantasy/Sci-fi elements in it.

EDIT: Oh, and (Call me uneducated or whatever) it would be great if the show had a Dub, I usually listen to shows and half watch them, so subs just don't work well for me.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Angel Beats will probably be the closest thing to Haruhi with a dub.

Other similar anime are Ano Natsu de Matteru and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Neither of those have dubs though.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Okay, I just finished watching "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" and I really like the feel of the show. Does anyone here have any recommendations? The show is fantasy but you rarely notice that fact, just on occasions the character will do things like: Jump through time, battle an alien, go to another dimension, stuff like that, but that doesn't happen very often, its more of a humor based show. So basically a humor based show with some Fantasy/Sci-fi elements in it.

EDIT: Oh, and (Call me uneducated or whatever) it would be great if the show had a Dub, I usually listen to shows and half watch them, so subs just don't work well for me.

Well, there's the near 3-hour Haruhi movie that you have to see if you haven't already. Best part of the series.

This one is a bit different but Lucky Star is a fantastic follow up to Haruhi. There's a bunch of cameos and shout-outs to it, plus Lucky Star is just a great show.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord

That's not uneducated, that's multi-tasking. I could in fact be associatied with being educated or productive, depending on what else you're doing.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Anyone know the name of the show where a small boy who goes for an adventure looking for 9 orbs labelled with numbers? He is accompanied by a talking cat/small tiger and a fairy who supposed to have angel wings, but have bat wings instead.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Angel Beats will probably be the closest thing to Haruhi with a dub.

Other similar anime are Ano Natsu de Matteru and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Neither of those have dubs though.

Well, there's the near 3-hour Haruhi movie that you have to see if you haven't already. Best part of the series.

This one is a bit different but Lucky Star is a fantastic follow up to Haruhi. There's a bunch of cameos and shout-outs to it, plus Lucky Star is just a great show.
Thanks, I'll take a look at those. ^_^
And yeah, I've seen the movie, but I was stupid and when I came across it on Youtube, I just watched it, before I saw the show, so I'm actually going to re-watch it now that I've finished the show. XD

That's not uneducated, that's multi-tasking. I could in fact be associatied with being educated or productive, depending on what else you're doing.

Lol, thanks.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Anyone know the name of the show where a small boy who goes for an adventure looking for 9 orbs labelled with numbers? He is accompanied by a talking cat/small tiger and a fairy who supposed to have angel wings, but have bat wings instead.

Only thing I found similar to that description is Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba. You would think with that much description, it would be easy to find

Dwlr

Banned
It's prolly the Dragon Gob Orbs arc of Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba like JB suggested, the only back-up I can think of is Fairy Tail, but that's just because of Natsu and Happy.

Darth Revan

Coming Out!
I'm a picky Anime watcher, I've only really enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist. Could you guys recommend me one that:
1. Is not overly-sexual
2. Doesn't have giant muscle-bound people jumping at each other.
3. Character Development
4. Not too bloody.
5. Not too...weird.

And please don't talk about Dragonball Z, I tried it, and hated it.

Love you

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I'm a picky Anime watcher, I've only really enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist. Could you guys recommend me one that:
1. Is not overly-sexual
3. Character Development
4. Not too bloody.
5. Not too...weird.

Love you

Aria the Animation
One Piece
Hidamari Sketch
Gurren Lagann
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Bakuman
Hunter x Hunter(2011)
Toradora!
Nagi no Asukara
Kill la Kill
Gintama
D-Frag

ruffelsChips

help i have been looking for an anime for a while now and cant seem to find it
it cam out on the syfy a long time ago and what happen in the beginning was these 3 people in skin tight suits where chase after a boy it seemed who was transforming into some brown and then someone came in and saved him in a skin tight suit then it changes setting to a dome where they took the boy to and that all i can remember also they can minipulatet stuff with there mind i remember some kind of human grabbing pole and turning it into a spear please help

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
1. Is not overly-sexual
3. Character Development
4. Not too bloody.
5. Not too...weird.

Love you

Angel Beats sounds what you're looking for, maybe. Maybe Naruto, not overly gory. Maybe Bleach? Blue Exorcist is also pretty awesome!

Mirrai Nikki and Deathnote have good character development but is kinda weird if you're not into it and kinda gory and no over sexualization. But those are just some of my favourites so of course I'll mention them :p

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
1. Is not overly-sexual
3. Character Development
4. Not too bloody.
5. Not too...weird.

Love you

I dont know if you consider mecha weird but Eureka seven is a pretty good series with Character Development

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
Im looking for an anime that doesn't have too much suggestive content with lots of action, and no confusing plot. Anime that I like are Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Naruto, Yugioh and Yugioh 5Ds.

You might like sword art online, it has a very simple plot and a lot of action.
I see you like Naruto, I personally am not a fan of neither Naruto or Sword Art Online but I have seen both. I see a lot of people who enjoy Naruto also enjoy Sword Art Online, so you might find it worthwhile to check out for a few episodes.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
You might like sword art online, it has a very simple plot and a lot of action.
I see you like Naruto, I personally am not a fan of neither Naruto or Sword Art Online but I have seen both. I see a lot of people who enjoy Naruto also enjoy Sword Art Online, so you might find it worthwhile to check out for a few episodes.

I'll look into SAO, thanks for answering.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Im looking for an anime that doesn't have too much suggestive content with lots of action, and no confusing plot. Anime that I like are Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Naruto, Yugioh and Yugioh 5Ds.
A few that I really liked, that you may like, seeing as you like pokemon and yugioh as well. Stellvia, is one with a bit of a more serious tone, but still hilarious, or Cyborg 009, which is basically a superhero anime.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Figured I'd drop a post in here.

Okay, so I just got through watching Barefoot Gen. And I am starting to like this type of movie. I have seen this one and Grave of the Fireflies, and I know there is a Barefoot Gen 2, I'll check that one out when I get the time, but does anyone know any other animes similar to these 2?