• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

“I'm looking for an anime that...” Anime Search Thread

Neosonic97

Fastest thing Alive
ACEtrainer.Cedric..117 said:
There's a boy controlling a small mecha bot which evolves into a more giant stronger versions as the anime progresses that robot was red or carmine and had a flag whose design i cannot recall. thats all folks! I remember nothing beyond that. i was a kid of 7 then.

Why am I getting distinct Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann vibes? Seriously, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann checks almost all of the boxes you mentioned. Boy controlling a small mecha? Check. Evolves into more giant mecha? Check. Red? Check. Only thing it's missing is the flag. And wouldn't you know it? It was on Animax. I'm ALMOST CERTAIN You're looking for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann there.

Last edited:

Raku

I don't remember much about this anime, but here are a few things I remember about it.

I think this anime takes the point of view of possibly a young boy. Anyway he makes friends with a fox whose fox father runs one of those outdoor ramen shop.

Anyway the kid somehow stumbles upon a gathering of these creatures (Yokai, demons, spirits I'm not really sure), and I believe it might be a night parade or some otherworldly event (I really don't remember).

I'm sorry for the vagueness in this post, but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about. Also if it helps, I think it might be either an OVA or a movie.

Maxine&Ovol

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT
Thank goodness i found this thread. Ive been trying to find this anime forever.

This blonde (or yellow) haired girl has a mental illness and becomes friends with a grey spikey haired guy. She lives with her aunt in a small japanese-setting house. At the end of the series, the blond girl is in a wheel chair, crying i think.

Theres no fantasy or fiction events that take place. Only real life things. I only like real life anime (besides inuyasha and studio ghibli movies).

I watched this when i was about 14 or 15 (im 21) so i cant remember much.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Thank goodness i found this thread. Ive been trying to find this anime forever.

This blonde (or yellow) haired girl has a mental illness and becomes friends with a grey spikey haired guy. She lives with her aunt in a small japanese-setting house. At the end of the series, the blond girl is in a wheel chair, crying i think.

Theres no fantasy or fiction events that take place. Only real life things. I only like real life anime (besides inuyasha and studio ghibli movies).

I watched this when i was about 14 or 15 (im 21) so i cant remember much.

You might be talking about Air. It fits the description you gave. If you like Air, you might also be interested in Clannad, Kanon, Little Busters!, and Angel Beats. All are made by the same company

Maxine&Ovol

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT
You might be talking about Air. It fits the description you gave. If you like Air, you might also be interested in Clannad, Kanon, Little Busters!, and Angel Beats. All are made by the same company

I thought it was air as well, but it doesnt involve other characters or fantasy, only real life situations.

Last edited:

Auronvolgar

Hallo. Well 1)they were some ppl (evil) that were dressed with some snake like customs. 2) there was a bomb explosion( 99,9% a nuke bomb). Well i dont remember anything more than that... i think it was around at least 20 years ago....

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I'm not looking for an anime, but rather a specific page from the Bleach manga. I'm pretty sure it's from Bleach at least. There's a page with a large panel that's just one big finger. Like an extended index finger. I haven't read Bleach and couldn't find it by looking it up on Google, so if by any chance someone knows the chapter it's from, that would be great. :p

arceus03

I'm not looking for an anime, but rather a specific page from the Bleach manga. I'm pretty sure it's from Bleach at least. There's a page with a large panel that's just one big finger. Like an extended index finger. I haven't read Bleach and couldn't find it by looking it up on Google, so if by any chance someone knows the chapter it's from, that would be great. :p

Umm.. more specific? The last chapters on Bleach that had fingers on them (a huge freaking hand, to be exact...) would be around chapter 637 onwards. Had a few giant fingers there.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Umm.. more specific? The last chapters on Bleach that had fingers on them (a huge freaking hand, to be exact...) would be around chapter 637 onwards. Had a few giant fingers there.

I don't know what more to say about it other than that it was a big vertical panel as tall as the whole page, and all it was was a hand doing the "warning" gesture. Though some of the panels in the chapters you mentioned were similarly silly, those will do for now. x)

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
I'm looking for anime similar to Digimon (I could probably also say similar to Pokemon) I like the monster catching/raising aspects. Bonus points if it's a little bit darker/more mature.

While I'm here, I'm also looking for some really good slice of life anime for me and my boyfriend to watch.

While I'm here, I'm also looking for some really good slice of life anime for me and my boyfriend to watch.

I might be able to help! I'm not sure about the name of the anime, but it's about a teenage boy named Saiki who has psychic powers, but instead of being a hero with them, the mostly tries to hide them and only uses them to run from social situations, get as much of his favourite pudding and so on. It's a really sweet anime with 120 5-minute episodes, and it's really funny too. As for name, I said I wasn't sure, but the English translation is something along the lines of "the unfortunate adventures of Saiki". Hope I helped!

RedShira

i have no idea how this works and aplogies in advance if im doing it wrong but im just gonna ask here hoping that this thread is still alive and you can help me.
the anime me im looking for is about this short white haired girl who is really strong and sees everything in colores, there is a lot of fighting and her rival was this dark haired girl who was taught by the same mentor, and in the end it was kinda revealed that she isnt a real human and there are lot others like her but they didnt work or something ..sounds familiar in anyway? thanks amyways if someone might read this .. lol

Janovy

Banned
i have no idea how this works and aplogies in advance if im doing it wrong but im just gonna ask here hoping that this thread is still alive and you can help me.
the anime me im looking for is about this short white haired girl who is really strong and sees everything in colores, there is a lot of fighting and her rival was this dark haired girl who was taught by the same mentor, and in the end it was kinda revealed that she isnt a real human and there are lot others like her but they didnt work or something ..sounds familiar in anyway? thanks amyways if someone might read this .. lol
I'm pretty confident this is your anime. Enjoy!

Shiroe

Looking for an anime where during an attack from a large creature a girl discovers a mech and joins the fight. This mech also fuses with the mech of a man currently in the fight. Thats all I remember about this anime. Hope someone knows something.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Not an anime, but if someone knows,it'd be a helpful. It's a movie around 2000's( maybe early 2010's), guy is pickpocketer who when walks toward the person he "accidentally" hit her/him, apologizes then when he starts walking away, it's revealed in one hand he's holding their wallets. I remember the movie is like a comedy, also starring one old Chinese guy( which kinda resembles Miyagi from Karate Kid). I remember a few scenes:
1. that guy stole money from some lady, bought a hot dog, old man has some kind of powers(IIRC) he appeared behind the guy took the wallet and hot dog and gave it back to woman
2. When that guy was in some old warehouse, gang appeared and started beating him, old man was watching him and gave him some power and pickpocketer started beating them.
Then I remember that guy was training with old man.... I checked everywhere I couldn't find it..

Bubbles18

The Crazy Eevee Lady
I need some help with finding two anime I'll try to be as descriptive as possible to help you out

The first one is an older style series similar to wolfs rain all I remember is a scene where everyone is in a large court room and are talking about a certain type of people with a worm like parasite inside there chest a scientist and a women wearing a silver full body suit stand out and as the judge si questioning the women about these people she stands up and says 'because I have one too' and presses this button on her chest that opens up a ball shaped projection of the parasite inside her I do remember everyone who had this parasite had this same projection set up and it was colored red however the womans was colored blue as well as the 'red' parasites would be moving around a lot while hers was not

That seems a lot like Final Fantasy The Spirit Within - its a CGI Movie.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Can I ask for an anime that fits a category?
This thread is for getting titles of anime you once watched. Just start a new thread if you want suggestions. Or look through the "What are you watching thread"/Top 10 Anime thread.