• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

•Official B2/W2 In-Game Tiers• * READ THE OP *

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Well, I'd argue that with 33% more power than Bulldoze, Dig should be able to help Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon take plenty of foes down that it wouldn't otherwise be able to.
Man, this arguing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. To wash it away, I'll submit something that has nothing to do with Dig:

Weezing - Upper-Middle Tier
Availability - Early (Virbank Complex)
Notable Moves - Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Will-O-Wisp, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Payback, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt
Stats - Huge Defense, decent attacking stats, middling Special Defense, poor Speed

+Fantastic early-game with Poison Gas and Venoshock
+Good defensive typing and ability
+Can beat the majority of physical attackers late-game with Will-O-Wisp and bulk
+Surprisingly good neutral offensive coverage
-Not so great mid-game
-Poor offensive typing
-I wish it was a bit faster!

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
I say it be dropped to Middle tier. Poison is a terrible Monotype STAB move to work with. I suppose it also has Return to use, but that's about it. It doesn't help that it's virtually useless against the Plasma battles that are often filled eith Dark, Poison and Steel types.

Last edited:

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Shadow Ball is already there (and you get Payback before Shadow Ball, anyway). When I say "the majority of physical attackers", mine managed to beat Iris's Haxorus one-on-one at level 56 with no healing items, which is why I value it so highly.

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
i'm suprised the starters haven't been brought up yet...

497.png

Serperior - High Tier
Availability - Beginning
Notable Moves - Leech Seed, Leaf Blade, Coil, Giga Drain, Dragon Pulse, Aqua Tail, Toxic, etc
Stats - Decent HP, Atk, and Sp. Atk, great defenses, and super speedy

+ Versatile stats,movepool
+ early capture
+ early evolution
- Poor typing
- Takes time to build a good moveset
- Can't handle the early gyms typing

It has potential to be a great pokemon mid to late game, but for the beginning it can be a challenging pokemon to use.

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
@Weezing; I will concede that it has a great endgame against Physical Opponents, but you have to take it's horrible middle game into account. While 85 SpA isn't bad, it just doesn't cut the standard that most Endgame 'mon use. That, and the lack of a setup moves makes Weezing no higher than Middle imo

@Serperior; imo Serperior only really does something lategame. Lackluster offensive stats mean that it won't be dishing out damage to well, failing to OHKO with some SE hits. It's inability to do anything to half the gyms in the game (Roxie, Burgh, Skyla, Drayden) and general inability to deal with Plasma's newfound obssesion with Steel / Poison types also means it'll falter. No higher than Middle, possibly Lower-Middle imo.

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
I'd argue to say serperior is middle tier. Defences and speed is good but it hits as hard as a patrat. 75/75 offences really do hinder this guy espically in the later game when you will probably need atleast 1 coil to drop even an opponent with a super effective hit. I was considering dropping snivy because he really left something to be disired. However he is pretty useful in providing general support and resists ground/electric typing which is useful when running a lucario or frail fire types.

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
The fact that it requires setup to deal any notable damage alone makes it suffer a lot. I still say Lower-Middle.
--------
Magmortar - High / Upper Middle / Middle [0/3]
Swanna - Middle [1/3] (FoldingScreen)
Hydreion - Bottom [1/3] (FoldingScreen)
Electivire - Lower-Middle [2/3] (FoldingScreen, Aurawarrior8)
Gigalith - Lower-Middle / Middle [0/3]
Mienshao - Middle [2/3] (FoldingScreen, Aurawarrior8)
Terrakion - Middle [1/3] (FoldingScreen)
Weezing - Middle / Upper-Middle [0/3]
Serperior - High / Middle / Lower-Middle [0/3]

I've taken the time to go through the thread and list all the unfinished tierings with the number of approvals. Finishing them off or adding new arugments would be great, thanks!

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Also Magnezone is still waiting for its 3rd approval for Top (the tiering is on Page 1; AuraWarrior8 and FoldingScreen have both approved so far).

I'll [2/3] Swanna for Mid. It's got very average stats and although its handy, it's not amazing enough to be any higher.

And definitely [2/3] Hydreigon for Bottom. Zweilous just comes too late to be of any use, really.

[3/3] for Electivire being Lower-Middle for the reasons already stated in that its even worse off than Magmortar due to its movepool, and [3/3] Mienshao for Middle for the reasons stated by others.

And finally, I'll go ahead and [2/3] Terrakion for Middle. It's got great stats but yes, it does come a bit late, and isn't brilliant against the E4, I would think.

I'm not going to comment on Gigalith or Weezing since I honestly have no clue how they'd fare, although that traded Gigalith looks pretty nice.

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
I've editted the OP with Mienshao and Electivire's profiles. I've also editted the OP (the first one!) with a list of ongoing approvals. Tell me what you think about this feature!

EDIT : I feel really motivated to work on this thread today for whatever reason x). Editted the first OP with thr List of Pokemon found in order of appearance. I may have missed a couple, or certain Pokemon may have been misplaced, though.

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Also, I just realised (thanks to the OP, yay) that Magmortar hasn't received any approvals yet. I think Mid suits it the best (especially with Electivire in Lower-Mid), with my reasoning explained in the spoiler below.

Also I can't see Magmortar any higher than Mid, possible Upper-mid at the very best. It faces stiff competition from Growlithe and Darumakka although I don't think other Pokemon should dictate whether a Pokemon is good or not. The fact that it'll be stuck as a Magby until Lv 30 is pretty annoying, and you don't get Magmortar until after the 8th gym so you'll likely be babying it a lot.

And also I agree in that Serperior shouldn't be placed that highly. It really relies on Coil to leave a dent in anything; sure its speed is nice but apart from that, its not that amazing. It definitely struggles midgame against Roxie, Burgh, Elesa (Zebstrika still knows Flame Charge, doesn't it?), Skyla and Drayden, which is rather worrying. However given its a starter and all, and given you receive Return early, at least it will be able to deal some powerful neutral damage early, so I think Mid fits it well. May I [1/3] for Mid?

Speaking of Starters...

Samurott - High
Availability - Beginning (Starter)
Notable Moves - Surf, Aqua Jet, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Return, X-Scissor, Megahorn, Superpower, Revenge, Swords Dance
Stats - Good attacking stats, though it's a bit on the slow side

Nothing much has changed for the Oshawott line. It's definitely the best Unova starter. Getting Razor Shell early really helps against Roxie thanks to those Defence drops. It struggles a bit against Burgh and Elesa, but handles Clay easily, does well against Skyla through neutral coverage, and has Blizzard for Drayden, which isn't too bad since his Pokemon tend to use Dragon Tail, which has negative priority. Its movepool is quite good and having an early-game Water-type is always handy. Its attacking stats are rather well rounded, so it has the ability to go mixed or either physical or special.

+Good movepool
+Well-rounded attacking stats
-Struggles in the early-midgame against Burgh and Elesa
-On the slow side

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
[3/3] on Magnezone being Top. Sweet defensive typing, great attacking power, great ability, Thunder Wave to offset its weakest stat... I don't see much to complain about here!

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
And also I agree in that Serperior shouldn't be placed that highly. It really relies on Coil to leave a dent in anything; sure its speed is nice but apart from that, its not that amazing. It definitely struggles midgame against Roxie, Burgh, Elesa (Zebstrika still knows Flame Charge, doesn't it?), Skyla and Drayden, which is rather worrying. However given its a starter and all, and given you receive Return early, at least it will be able to deal some powerful neutral damage early, so I think Mid fits it well. May I [1/3] for Mid?
I'm still kinda iffy on this one. Using Snivy means you're pretty much forced to pick up a second Pokemon before Roxie. Sure, there's really no reason not to, but still. Concerning Return, keep in mind that Snivy's Return will still be amongst the weakest Returns early game (it only outdamages Purrloin and Sunkern). It's only real saving grace is that it gets a powerful STAB move much earlier than most Pokemon (Leaf Blade, 32) but around that point, you start to realize you need Coil to do any noticable damage.

[1/3] for Magmortar and Samurott's respective tierings, though.

Also editted Magnezone into the OP! Yay!

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I'm still kinda iffy on this one. Using Snivy means you're pretty much forced to pick up a second Pokemon before Roxie. Sure, there's really no reason not to, but still. Concerning Return, keep in mind that Snivy's Return will still be amongst the weakest Returns early game (it only outdamages Purrloin and Sunkern). It's only real saving grace is that it gets a powerful STAB move much earlier than most Pokemon (Leaf Blade, 32) but around that point, you start to realize you need Coil to do any noticable damage.

Hmmmm, yeah I can see where you're coming from. Furthermore it also struggles against Team Plasma what with their love of Poison- and Steel-types, against Colress and also against Zinzolin so yeah, I take back what I said about the Snivy line. Lower-mid is where it belongs, then, I guess. [1/3]

^^;

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
Yay, [2/3] for Lower-Mid

Liepard - Bottom Tier
Availability - Very Early (Route 19)
Notable Moves - Night Slash, Return, Dark Pulse, Seed Bomb, Gunk Shot, Grass Knot
Stats - Usable Offensive stats, High Spe. Nonexistant Defenses

+It evolves early
-Lacks a powerful STAB Move before Lv 47 (Night Slash) or Driftveil Cty, with 10(!) Blue Shards for Dark Pulse.
-Terrible Defenses mean it'll struggle to take even neutral hits
-Requires heavy Shard investment for a half-decent moveset
-Can barely do anything against any major battles
-There's probably more to this list

Last edited:

[GS]

Staring at my phone
[3/3] for Serp in Lower-Mid. Zhanton, FoldingScreen, GrumpySnorlax

Zhanton said:
I'll [2/3] Swanna for Mid. It's got very average stats and although its handy, it's not amazing enough to be any higher.

I think this very statement shows why it belongs in lower mid. There are much better water and flying types IMO.

Sorry for being late ^^'

Edit: Also [3/3] for Hydreigon in bottom.

... And [3/3] for Terrakion in middle, hey Final :)

Growlithe - Lower Mid
Early (Virbank Complex) -
Flame Wheel, Crunch, Agility, Flare Blitz, (Thunder Fang, Extremespeed after evolving) -
Good Atk and SpA, horrible defenses.

- Description -

+Can effectively go mixed, relatively fast.
+Helpful against Burgh if you chose Snivy
-Needs Fire Stone to evolve
-Shallow movepool even after evolution

*This is basically my argument for Magmortar in Mid

Aurath8

Magmortar for Middle [2/3].
Samurott for High [2/3].
Liepard for Bottom [1/3]. It's stats are pretty decent, but it's movepool is just so horrid.
Swanna for Middle [3/3] (FoldingScreen, zhanton, Aurawarrior8).

And now for more bottom tierings because they're easy
Watchog - Bottom
Very Early (Route 19) -
Notable Moves - Return, Crunch, Fire Punch, Aqua Tail, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Hynosis
Stats - Bad defences. Average speed and just about usable attack.

- Description -

+Good movepool
+Available and evolves early.
-Requires a vast investment of shards/BP to get all but 2 of the moves listed above.
-It's horrid stats become increasingly more apparent as the game drags on; Watchog has stats comparable to a middle evolution like Vigoroth.
-That massive investment for various moves really doesn't payoff very well in the end.

Last edited:

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
Editted the OP with Serperior, Hydreigon, Lieprd and Samurott!

[3/3] Watchog being Bottom. Editted into the OP!

Also, I'd like to change my approval to Swanna, optiong for Lower-Middle.

@Growlithe; It also gets Dragon Pulse, Wild Charge, Outrage, Flamethrower, Iron Head and Crunch meaning that it's movepool is actually pretty decent. The need for a Fire Stone doesn't hinder it at all as you can get a Fire Stone in Desert Resort at levels below you'd even consider evolving it. It also has Intimidate to give it artificial Physical Bulk. Arcanine could easily go for Mid, possibly Upper-Mid imo.

Druddigon - Low Tier
Availability - Endgame (Victory Road)
Notable Moves - Crunch, Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Bulldoze, Aqua Tail, Fire Punch, Thunderpunch
Stats - Great Atk. Nice Bulk, atrocious Spe

+Doesn't need extra grinding to play it's role
+Has all the moves it really needs
-Found too late in the game to contribute
-Not overly useful against the E4; it'll be outsped and OHKOd by Iris
-That Speed stats is terrible with no way of fixing it.

Last edited:

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Weezing isn't great mid-game, true, but "horrible" is an understatement. Super-effective coverage is not really what you're going for with Weezing - it's a great catch-all answer to offensive threats, and that's how I believe it should be used. Will-O-Wisp helps it a lot in that role, and you pick that up in Celestial Tower, before the 6th badge.

Anyway, I see you edited in Mienshao not being very good in major battles, FoldingScreen. That's a bit unfair considering it can punch big holes in Colress's team, OHKO three of Grimsley's team, KO Marshal's Mienshao and probably one other without healing, and knock out three of Iris's Pokémon without taking a hit... assuming it doesn't miss.

I think Watchog should have Hypnosis in its notable moves, and "better than Liepard" as a + :p And I thought we were ignoring PWT TMs, so maybe delete Swords Dance. Definitely still bottom though, so [3/3] on that.

Samurott can't learn Grass Knot until post-game, so I think that should be removed. I'm on the fence between high and upper-middle, so I'll hold off on voting there.

Sawsbuck - Lower-Middle Tier
Availability - Midway (Route 6)
Notable Moves - Return, Horn Leech, Seed Bomb, Megahorn, Jump Kick, Wild Charge, Bounce?
Stats - Good Attack and Speed, poor Special Attack, middling defences

+Strong STAB Normal
+Good neutral coverage
+Deerling is absolutely adorable
-Weak STAB Grass
-Not that useful in major battles (except Humilau Gym)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.